The hotel was not a success. Incredulously rated as 4 stars, and whilst the room was large and clean, it was poorly ventilated and stuffy throughout the week of my stay. Turning the air-conditioning to 5c, full fan had little impact. The room remained uncomfortably warm and airless.
The double glazed windows opened to enable fresh air, but at a cost. The noise from the four tiers of freeway immediately adjacent to the hotel is relentless. The choice was warm and stuffy or airy and noisy.
The staff were slow and at best, disengaged; the corridors untidy; and the small foyer crowded and loud.
However, the greatest detractor to this hotel is its location. Situated at Porte de la Chapelle - Saint-Denis, the second last stop on line 12 of the Metro, in a poorer, working suburb, where the few available restaurants are undistinguished.
The hotel is entered via a freeway underpass after walking past a municipal waste disposal centre and parking lot for dumpsters and street cleaning vehicles. It is unrelentingly ugly.
The Metro station is a 600 metres walk, where at night you nervously check over your shoulder. It is situated outside of a post office, an auto-teller and a small supermarket.
I regret staying at this hotel. It is too far from the city attractions of Paris, in an unpleasant neighbourhood, amidst dirt and noise of multi-tiered freeways.
The experience dimmed the sparkle of Paris.
I cannot think of any circumstances where I would recommend this hotel to others and clearly should have checked it out thoroughly before booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star hotel with 187 inviting 30 m² suites. Enjoy our free unlimited Suitebox service, including hardwired high speed internet, calls to landlines within France, video and music on demand, multimedia area with chat, music, photos and more. 200 m from the metro, 2 km from Montmartre and the centre of Paris. 15 km from Roissy CDG Airport. 24 hr services including Boutique Gourmande refreshments, fitness area, business corner. Bar, free massages on Thursdays, pay parking. Accessible facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Novotel Suites Paris Nord 18eme reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suite Novotel Paris La Chapelle Hotel Paris
- Accor Paris La Chapelle
- Suitehotel Porte De La Chapelle