“Lives upto its TA award - family category”
Review of HotelHome Paris 16

HotelHome Paris 16
Ranked #17 of 173 Specialty Lodging in Paris
Bengaluru, India
“Lives upto its TA award - family category”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I reviewed all feedback and bookd this for my Paris trip. No disappointments. The location is great. Close to metro line 9 (Jasmin). This takes you to Eiffel (Trocadero), Champs Elyses (Alma Marceau or FDR). Nice parisien locality with plenty of neighbourhood restaurents & stores. We are strict vegetarians, managed to survive. There is a pizza restaurent in Mozart ave, and a great lebanese restaurent with good lst of veg menu items. Close to Rolland Garros as many posts mentioned. Staff are very couteous. Room itself, the second ne we had has Eiffel tower view - superb sun-tanned structure in the day, turning to an elegant, range lit show in the eve, night. There is a chinese restaurent and bakery close by. With few convenience shos extremely close by. The toilets are clean, very functional, the 3br suite has plenty of breathing space for my family of 4. The kitchen was / is very useful. Having two wash rooms is must for early morning on-time departures. The lift accommodates 2 adults ( should say, thin:-). When getting suitcases in, i had to make one trip/ suitcase. Thanks to Trip Advisor and all reviews.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jawz1964

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is an interesting concept. We stayed for just a single night, on a Saturday night. We never met anyone. Our room key was taped to the window on the reception/office on the ground floor (I think that we were lucky that the front door was open when we arrived, but I think we could have rung the doorbell). As part of the welcome packet, we were given extensive instructions in English on how everything operated, as well as codes for the front door. It was quite unique in its operation, but I feel that the value was excellent for Paris; and that this is assumedly largely due to the self-service aspect.

It was a real apartment - living room with sleeper sofa; kitchenette with pots and pans, dishwasher, microwave; bedroom and bathroom. It was fine for a short stay, though I must admit that I missed the personal connection that good hotel staff can give. But this would have been excellent for a longer stay, allowing you to really set yourself up.

It was very clean and orderly.

We loved the neighborhood, on the upscale side. Be sure to take some time to see the Guimard buildings. Fantastic!

The only contact I had was the phone call I made on departure to let them know we were leaving. Very friendly. But there is no way to rate "service" below because there is none.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bookmiller
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed in Paris for a week and stayed here. It is a great place. We got the family room which is very big and comfortable with two rooms and two bathrooms. It is a very spacy and comfortable room which is sometimes hard to find in Paris for the great price we had. The staff is super helpful and nice. Location is good right a couple of blocks away from a metro station and a bus station. If I am back in Paris I wil definitely stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jotin94
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We had a terrible experience with our arranged "bed and breakfast", and wanted to find some other accomodations quickly. The staff at Hotel Home was fabulous-they were so helpful, not only with hotel arrangements, but with all kinds of other information, including international phone service stores, the best transportation for different destinations, etc. The philosophy of the owner is for this hotel NOT to seem like a hotel, rather like a flat where any native of Paris would live-Hotel Home 16 certainly lived up to that idea for us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Heather C
Providence, RI
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I travel to Paris for business about 3 times a year for fairly long stays (10-14 days). Finding hotels in downtown Paris with the stingy budget my employer gives me is always the biggest headache. I've stayed in all sorts of places in Paris: In the suburbs, the business district (La Defense), hotel rooms downtown that were so small you really couldn't be indoors more than an hour. I've even booked pricier places, having to pay the difference on my own dime.

And then I found Hotel Home 16. Within my travel budget. Everything I need, nothing I don't.

As a business traveler, I need the following things (in addition to what you would normally expect: bed, shower...):

- Some space: Rooms here are really spacious: You get a nice big room, with a queen bed, a big kitchen, and a little alcove with a couch by the front door so that you don't feel "trapped" in your bedroom.

- The kitchen has a fridge for your water as well as a coffee machine (not that you would need it: There's a thousand cafes in the neighborhood)

- Wifi: Free, and worked perfectly well every day of the week

- A nice big closet to put your stuff away

- A safe, which is a must for me

- Cleanliness: Rooms are made and cleaned daily, mine was spotless every evening when I came back. I got clean towels every day

- An iron and ironing board: This is absolutely necessary if you are here on business, for obvious reasons

- Laundry facilities: Positively a game changer: I was able to pack lightly and wear the same set of clothes twice. Again, if you are here on business, it's priceless.

- Peace and quiet: The hotel is located in the ultra-safe 16th arrondissement. Further, there is a big police station just up the street. So it's very - very - quiet. This There is certainly some night life around (restaurants, cafes) but things quickly die down after 11 pm. Party scenes are plentiful a short subway or cab ride away (Champs Elysees, Motte Piquet...) but the hotel itself enjoys unparalleled silence in Paris. I don't know about the other rooms, but mine sat in front of a little courtyard so I basically never heard any sort of traffic, especially garbage trucks or ambulances which can normally be a bit of a nuisance in this city.

- Service: Everyone I met at the hotel was really helpful about everything. The fact that I speak French was not a factor: I heard them work with a number of foreigners and the level of service was the same: They all spoke very good English.

- Excellent public transportation (subway lines 9 and 10)

- Ease of use: The hotel gives you a door code so that getting in and out of the building, even late night, is no problem at all. This may sound odd, but I have run into major problems in other hotels in Paris (including chains like Best Western) because of this.

And really, when you think about it, for the very reasonable price of the room, all these things add up. It's called "customer value".

There is one recommendation I would make to the hotel: If you are going to cater to American tourists, you may want to consider investing in plusher bedding. Duvet covers, softer materials for sheets, that sort of thing. It's something that we're used to in the US. But again, it's a very minor thing.

In terms of the neighborhood itself: If you're thinking about the little Chinese restaurant just up the street, go for it, it's great and very affordable. The cafe across avenue Mozart for your daily grand creme is also fine. Everything else you might need (supermarkets, cabs, wine stores, take out delis) are all available on avenue Mozart, usually a short walk away.

Thanks again to Hotel Home 16. I will remain a faithful customers for many years to come.

Room Tip: I have not seen the other rooms. Mine was room 2 and it was really great for a single person or coup...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank karelva
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Do you want a comfortable, clean, friendly and well located place to stay in a nice part of Paris at a reasonable rate? Then this is the place for you. Our ground floor room was quiet and we were pleasantly surprised at the size. The staff are very helpful and always pleasant.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 2 for 9 nights, which is located at ground level and looks out onto the leafy cour...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ian W
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We just returned from staying 6 nights at this hotel. It was our first trip to Europe, we are in our late 40's and took our 13 year old daughter. Because it was our 25th Wedding Anniversary we wanted the privacy that an apartment would offer.
We stayed two nights in room 50 and it had one bedroom, living area, bathroom and kitchenette. It had a lot of charm and huge windows that swung open to reveal a small balcony and a street view. There were pretty fireplaces in both rooms with a nice big mirror above the one in the bedroom. Because of the mantel and natural light-this was a great place to do hair and makeup. The bathroom was clean and all white but the nice large tub had a low shower removable shower head and no shower curtain. My daughter and I just sat and showered, my husband stood and lifted the shower head up. Great water pressure, but awkward showering. The beds are really comfortable, we slept very well. It was also nice that sofa opens into two separate twin beds and we just opened one side and left it open, and still had half the sofa to sit on.

The next four nights were spent in room 61. It was spacious, it had two bedrooms. The very back bedroom had two twin beds, a desk, and TV. It was attached to a large open closet area and a bathroom. The bathroom was smaller but did have a shower. If that room had had the queen bed then it would be a master suite. Instead we gave the 13 year old the suite because of the twin beds. Our room was also big, bigger than the other, with a big open area closet, queen bed and a desk. The living area was nice and the kitchen area was much bigger. The sofa folds out to two twins. You could have 6 people in this apartment. The other bathroom is in the front of the apartment, and also has a shower. What we didn't like is that for all the space you trade in the charm. This apartment has no view, no balcony, and no old fireplaces. I also was sad that there was no mirrors other than tiny ones above sink. They need to put big mirrors above each desk in the bedrooms.
The elevator only fits two people at a time, or maybe one adult with two small children. It was not a problem, as we did not come and go more than once or twice a day.
The neighborhood is charming and you can walk to tons of little food stores. The best bakery is about 7 blocks down my the other Metro stop, the closest metro stop, Jasmin, is only 2 blocks and the bakery, Eric Kaiser, is close to Jasmin and it is worth the trip to either of those rather than the one right outside the hotel. The good seafood restaurant is right by the police station, that is by the 2nd Metro stop. It is kind of an oyster house but had tons of fish, shrimp and crab. On the other side of the road, down a bit, is a fun bar. It would get quite lively around 11 and it was a scene. It was fun to have one drink there and people watch a bit before you call it a night.

We took the Metro every day and used both of those stops by the hotel. It was quick, easy, and fun. We did walk home from the Eiffel Tower one night and it was around 11:30 and we felt very safe. We also got lost and a very nice french man walked us to right block.

We loved our trip and really want to return soon. We would stay at this hotel again. Not only because of the hotel, but also because we fell in love with the neighborhood.

Remember, the building is old so it has great high ceilings, however it also means that there are a lot of steps to floor 5 and 6, so you will use the elevator many times. If you are claustrophobic then get on a low floor, because I am not joking about it being very tiny.

I had the hotel do one large load of laundry, no ironing, and it cost 8.5 Euros. They did a good job and on the same day.

If I was running the hotel, I would be sure the mirror situation was better in the rooms. I also would have some preprinted directions about Metro stops and trains to use to get to the famous or popular areas. Changing trains can get a bit confusing.

Enjoy and feel free to ask questions.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family