I travel to Paris for business about 3 times a year for fairly long stays (10-14 days). Finding hotels in downtown Paris with the stingy budget my employer gives me is always the biggest headache. I've stayed in all sorts of places in Paris: In the suburbs, the business district (La Defense), hotel rooms downtown that were so small you really couldn't be indoors more than an hour. I've even booked pricier places, having to pay the difference on my own dime.
And then I found Hotel Home 16. Within my travel budget. Everything I need, nothing I don't.
As a business traveler, I need the following things (in addition to what you would normally expect: bed, shower...):
- Some space: Rooms here are really spacious: You get a nice big room, with a queen bed, a big kitchen, and a little alcove with a couch by the front door so that you don't feel "trapped" in your bedroom.
- The kitchen has a fridge for your water as well as a coffee machine (not that you would need it: There's a thousand cafes in the neighborhood)
- Wifi: Free, and worked perfectly well every day of the week
- A nice big closet to put your stuff away
- A safe, which is a must for me
- Cleanliness: Rooms are made and cleaned daily, mine was spotless every evening when I came back. I got clean towels every day
- An iron and ironing board: This is absolutely necessary if you are here on business, for obvious reasons
- Laundry facilities: Positively a game changer: I was able to pack lightly and wear the same set of clothes twice. Again, if you are here on business, it's priceless.
- Peace and quiet: The hotel is located in the ultra-safe 16th arrondissement. Further, there is a big police station just up the street. So it's very - very - quiet. This There is certainly some night life around (restaurants, cafes) but things quickly die down after 11 pm. Party scenes are plentiful a short subway or cab ride away (Champs Elysees, Motte Piquet...) but the hotel itself enjoys unparalleled silence in Paris. I don't know about the other rooms, but mine sat in front of a little courtyard so I basically never heard any sort of traffic, especially garbage trucks or ambulances which can normally be a bit of a nuisance in this city.
- Service: Everyone I met at the hotel was really helpful about everything. The fact that I speak French was not a factor: I heard them work with a number of foreigners and the level of service was the same: They all spoke very good English.
- Excellent public transportation (subway lines 9 and 10)
- Ease of use: The hotel gives you a door code so that getting in and out of the building, even late night, is no problem at all. This may sound odd, but I have run into major problems in other hotels in Paris (including chains like Best Western) because of this.
And really, when you think about it, for the very reasonable price of the room, all these things add up. It's called "customer value".
There is one recommendation I would make to the hotel: If you are going to cater to American tourists, you may want to consider investing in plusher bedding. Duvet covers, softer materials for sheets, that sort of thing. It's something that we're used to in the US. But again, it's a very minor thing.
In terms of the neighborhood itself: If you're thinking about the little Chinese restaurant just up the street, go for it, it's great and very affordable. The cafe across avenue Mozart for your daily grand creme is also fine. Everything else you might need (supermarkets, cabs, wine stores, take out delis) are all available on avenue Mozart, usually a short walk away.
Thanks again to Hotel Home 16. I will remain a faithful customers for many years to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HotelHome Paris 16 is a residential hotel with 17 apartments in a recently renovated Haussmanian building in Paris' 16th arrondissement. HotelHome Paris 16 is a pleasant house of charming dimensions, situated in the heart of a welcoming and residential, calm and elegant area of Paris, not far from the Eiffel Tower, Roland Garros, and the Auteuil and Passy districts. The Champs Elysées and Paris' major tourist and culture spots are accessible by Métro (Jasmin - line 9 or Michel-Ange/Auteuil and Michel-Ange/Molitor - line 10), RER (Boulainvilliers - line C) and bus (lines 22 and 52). HotelHome Paris 16 offers several types of apartments of which rates per night vary according to : • the chosen apartment (Junior Suite, Twin Suite, Suite Double, Family Suite), • the number of persons occupying the apartment (between one and six persons), • the duration of the stay (rate for 1 or 2 nights, 3 or 4 nights, 5 to 9 nights, 10 to 19 nights, 20 nights and more). These rates include V.A.T and charges such as those for heating, electricity, and water. You need to add the local tax for the City of Paris (1€ per person and per night). Our apartments all have at least two rooms (bedroom and lounge), and all have an equipped kitchen (or kitchenette) and a bath/shower room. The kitchens, kitchenettes, bathrooms with bathtub or with shower have all been recently completely renovated. Our largest apartments (Twin Suite, Suite Double and Family Suite) are all air-conditioned, accessible by lift, and have a charming lounge/dining room with fireplace, warm parquet flooring complemented with a soft carpet and crown mouldings on the ceiling, one (or more) spacious and comfortable bedrooms, one (or two) bath (or shower) rooms and a fully equipped kitchen. Our smaller apartments (Junior Suite), also air-conditioned, are accessible by staircase and have a small lounge with an equipped kitchenette, a spacious bedroom and a bathroom with shower. Old-style charm lives in harmony with the most modern technology: direct telephone line, television with international cable channels, and WiFi broadband Internet access, not to mention individual and adjustable air conditioning system in all the apartments "Suite Double", "Twin Suite", "Family Suite" and "Junior Suite". We provide a wide range of guest services and offer our guests a daily cleaning service (our room maids make the beds, clean the bathrooms and empty the bins) and weekly full cleaning service with change of the provided linen (sheets, pillowcases, bath towels, hand towels bath mats, and cloths). We will of course change your linen more frequently if required. In addition to a personalized welcome adapted to guest availability, we offer a number of à la carte services: secretarial work, sending of faxes or e-mails, shopping services and delivery of meals, laundry and dry cleaning, access to the laundry integrated in the basement, baby-sitting, and restaurant, event and guided tour reservations. Our reception office is open every day from Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 4.00 pm and later in the afternoon and during weekends according to the arrival and departure time of your guests. We naturally always remain at your service to ensure your stay is a pleasant and comfortable one. When the reception office is closed, permanent telephone availability is provided day and night. An access code enables our guests to enter HotelHome Paris 16 outside of reception opening hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your HotelHome Paris 16 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.