“Good location”

Hotel Bonsejour Montmartre
Ranked #1,232 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed February 19, 2012

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Gustavo M

Reviewed February 14, 2012

i have stayed here every year sinnce 2005 mainly for one or two night stopovers whilst i have also had five and six nights when holidaying in paris in the area the hoetels audran my hotel pavilion and others offer better value for the same price the breakfast room is very nice with coffee rolls juices and refils etc his wife is very pleasant but for the husband i suppose it is very busy for him i may stay again if i am stuck

Room Tip: corner rooms with balconey
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 8, 2012

The Hotel Bonsejour in Montmartre provided an excellent location and a comfortable sleep for my girlfriend and I (budget travellers) at one of the most affordable prices I found in Paris. The bathrooms are shared and the en suite shower was smaller about the size of a telephone booth, but we had a nice balcony with a great view of the beautiful streets of Paris. We were also only a few blocks from the metro and walking distance to Sacré Coure as well as bars and other attractions. The owner was reserved, but extremely helpful. If you're on a budget and looking for a great home base in Paris, I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony, preferably a corner room if possible. The streets are pretty quite, so...
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Greg G
Reviewed December 26, 2011

My stay at this hotel was definitely the worst in my whole life - not to say: a nightmare. Apart from minor nuisances - suddenly being told that breakfast is not included, though it says so on their website, not having a working toilet on the same floor, and dozens of open cables outside in the hall - we woke up after our first night with insects in our bed.
When I informed the receptionist about it, he neither found the time to at least have a look at it - nor to apologize. We left the hotel immediately.
Those insects it turned out were bed-bugs - and there must have been such a big number, that we even saw them (usually their only active at night). The first bites also appeared that day.
The biggest problem however was, that apparently some must have crawled into my suitcase.. immediately after returning home, my body was covered with more and more horrible, itching bites - arranged in the typical bed-bug lines.
I spent an enourmous amount of money on volatilizing my whole flat, laundry service and cleaning all over.

All in all, it cost an incredible amount of money and nerves. I just hope I will never have to go through anything like this again.

Please, avoid this hotel for your own sake.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Iris M
Reviewed December 9, 2011

We stayed on the 5th floor. We counted nearly 100 stairs..

After walking around all day, the 5th floor is horrible! It's not good!

The toilet is digusting! And some nights it was so cold to go to the toilet. So you'd either need to hold on, or go in the strange box in the room that was called a shower??

It had a good view though! Pretty good location and there is an awesome bakery just down the road and it's really cheap!

We handed over 69 euro each night and it made us feel sick!!

50 euro would of made us happy for a room like this!

There is a good place to stay right near gare du nord for the same price, it's called hotel avalon

I'd recommend staying there.

Room Tip: make sure you avoid !!level 5
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jake B
Reviewed October 8, 2011

The hotel is horrible, most rooms have only a sink and even the rooms with a shower shouldn't be classified as that - it's only a small cubicle in the corner of the room with cold water. For all other non-shower rooms you have to go downstairs and use a shared shower which is only accessible after 8am in the morning! Toilets also need to be shared - there is only 1 on each floor for about 5 rooms and it's tiny and dirty. The room interior is very old and probably hasn't been looked after for 10years. Linen seemed to be clean but wouldn't take that for granted in this place.The hotel is also suprisingly noisy considering it is located in a small street in Montmartre. There is a bar just opposite where customers stand outside and talk loudly.To add to this, the receptionist, probably the owner, is extremely rude. While I managed to avoid a loud argument I heard him shouting quite a few times during only 1 evening (not surprisingly I left after 1 night).Apparently he knows about the condition of his hotel and therefore always demands full payment in advance - don't accept this!!! To sum it up, there are a lot of better budget places in Paris.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Joergt
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I initially reserved this hotel for 7 nights. I then had a change of plans and wished to stay only for one night and cancel the rest of my reservation. I called 3 days in advance of my intended arrival (they only require 48 hours notice of any cancellations) to make the change and was told it would not be possible for me to change my reservation. The snarky frenchman I spoke with told me that I had reserved 7 nights so my only options were to stay 7 nights or cancel my entire reservation. At no point when reserving the hotel had any mention been made of such a policy. So if you desire any flexibility when traveling, don't stay here.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo