“I wish I could give this place 10 stars!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ecole Centrale Hotel Paris

Ecole Centrale Hotel Paris
Ranked #903 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
San Diego, California
“I wish I could give this place 10 stars!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Just returned from a wonderful 11 day trip to France with a majority of my Paris stays being at Ecole Centrale Hotel and I could not be happier! I give it my highest recommendation! First, the rooms were larger than expected for Paris (not American size but very nice and excellently appointed with wonderful new and elegant baths!) The beds were very comfortable and everything was very clean (cleaner than any place I saw in all of Paris!) and the location was outstanding (dare I say perfect?)! The M11 and M3 lines were just out the front door at Arts et Meteres plus there were nice cafes, stores (general, bread, health/nature and pharmacy) all within a couple hundred yards plus two ATMs near by. (On a side note, you leave the key at the desk when you leave; some have written they didn't like it but I found it easy, didn't have to worry about loosing it or who had it, and it made mre feel more secure.)
Second, and most importantly, was the staff. My travel companion had to go to the hospital (twice) plus a local doctor follow-up and they were not only concerned but very helpful in making what could have been a horrible experience into a necessary inconvenience made easier with their help and guidance. And on top of that, my friend lost/left his iPhone5 in the cab on the way back from the first hospital trip and the Desk Team and even owner/manager took a special interest in helping us report/find it. It ended up on Greece (thank goodness for insurance) but their concern and support were touching to both of us.
We can't fully express our gratitude for how wonderful both this hotel and staff were in making our Paris vacation so memorable... THANK YOU to everyone. When people care this much, I can assure you they will take care of you during your visit too!

Room Tip: Stayed in 501 and 301. Liked the view from the 'roof top' window rooms but also enjoyed the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
calmeaucoeurdeparis, Responsable commercial at Ecole Centrale Hotel Paris, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear guest,

Thanks a lot for the precision of your experience in our hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.

Catherine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We had a very pleasant 4 days in Paris, thanks to the location and staff of this hotel and then another 2 days when we returned after 3 weeks of driving around France and Italy. The rooms are exactly as we expected to find in Paris, nice bathrooms, we stayed in two "grades" of room and there are differences as can be expected, but both were great. The staff were extremely helpful with directions, suggestions for dinner, holding our bags for the day and arranging a shuttle to the airport when the trains were on strike. The metro is 2 minutes away, and the Louvre can be reached with an easy hour's walk if that is what you prefer - lots to see along the way. We would defiinitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
calmeaucoeurdeparis, Responsable commercial at Ecole Centrale Hotel Paris, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear guest,
Thanks a lot about sharing your experience in Hotel Ecole Centrale.
We look forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

excellent hospitality, great value, close to transportation (Metro across the street), . Close to conference venue. Its a small boutique hotel so its small but entirely adequate, very friendly service, no problem with language (English) Close to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
calmeaucoeurdeparis, Responsable commercial at Ecole Centrale Hotel Paris, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your visit and comments on Tripadvisor.
We look forward to welcoming you in our hotel on a next stay in the centre of Paris.
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I was happy when we arrived. But this changed and I was bitterly disappointed . The location is good . It is safe and relatively clean. However when I asked for a corkscrew it was a non. There was no coffee maker in either rooms. The breakfast on the second day had no hot food . The waitress was lovely though. But the big thing was on the last day we were offered a wake up and a taxi. We ordered both. The next morning we were told the taxi was running late. It was ordered for 8.30. We were told late at 8.35. I pushed her to call at 8.45 and I was told quite nonchalantly that there were no taxis available. I had a small child and a Grandmother with me and our aircoach was at 9.30. I was told that it wasn't her fault and I wouldn't make it now anyway. I luckily worked out the metro quickly leaving with a bad taste for this place. I have travelled all over the world and never had any trouble getting a taxi from a HOTEL!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear guest,
We do not give corkscrew as unfortunately it is not possible to consume wine in our rooms because of bad experience with some customers in the past.
Regarding breakfast, we sincerely apologize and we had a problem with the person who was supposed to prepare the hot buffet that day.
To book a taxi at the busy hours monday to friday, it is better to do it the day before and because of your experience, we will create an information about taxis at the reception in order that any customer have the same problem
Maastricht, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

This hotel made me wonder how many small hotels there would be in Paris? Yes, also the Rue Bailly has one (which street doesn't). It was close to my conference destination at the CNAM in the Rue Saint-Martin. It was easy to find (Metro Arts et Métiers within 100yds) and practically on the Rue Réaumur. Friendly reception. Small room that comes with refrigerator (soda's only); a coffee maker; tv; airco/heather; small bathroom.. all simple and easy.
Breakfast OK. Coffee excellent. ANd if you need anything, a Carrefour City shop is across the street (Réaumur).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,
Hotel Ecole Centrale is in front of the CNAM and very close to Pompidou Centre and Notre Dame.
We look forward to welcoming you in our hotel on your next stay in Paris.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for four nights in late May and were treated very well. We asked for a quiet room and were given a fourth floor room overlooking a small treed garden next door and any distant traffic noise was blocked out completely by good doubleglazed windows. Spacious room, comfortable king bed, freshly decorated in mauves and individualised French scene motif curtains a nice touch. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate available in room also appreciated. We had a minor issue with drainage in the bath but this was dealt with promptly as soon as we reported it. On our final day, staff obliged by allowing baggage storage and cups of tea while we waited for airport shuttle to arrive. A thoroughly enjoyable stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,
Thank you for your visit.
We look forward to welcoming you in our hotel in the center of Paris on your next stay.
New York City
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

After reading the reviews of this hotel I took a chance and booked a two day stay. I was let down the moment I walked through the sliding doors. We were greeted by a very rude woman that insisted on making copies of our passports (no longer required) and handed us our key telling us we had to hand it in every time we leave.

Our room was a step back to my student days. Two tiny lumpy beds and the most dismal little room with cracks on the wall and strange blue patches of paint. We were only staying two nights so we didn't walk out.

In the afternoon we were locked out of the hotel after ringing for some time the same rude woman opened the door and complained we rang too many tomes. Later that evening it appeared that the elevator was turned off. After walking down the narrow dark stairs to the reception the same woman said “it's on now” and acted like we were bothering her.

If you like bad service and strangely designed tiny rooms then this is your hotel. As for us we will never pay this hotel another visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank marjNewYorkCity
calmeaucoeurdeparis, Responsable commercial at Ecole Centrale Hotel Paris, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear guest,
I am sorry our decoration did not suit you.
About passports, we have to check identity of new guests at their arrival and have to keep the keys at the reception for security reasons.
You waited for a while whithin our receptionist was ckecking the lift and after that it works.
Best regards,