“Incredible location, great value, mediocre service”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Auberge de Jeunesse MIJE Fauconnier
Ranked #21 of 161 Specialty Lodging in Paris
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Incredible location, great value, mediocre service”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Superbly located. Quiet street but surrounded by shops, restaurants and night life. Small room was clean and had a nice window. Breakfast is nothing special, but the location and value are tough to beat.
I would have given a 4 star if they would not have moved me into a community (6 person) room on my last night (despite making private bed reservations months in advance).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Keith T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Soderhamn, Sweden
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights at this hostel, and I can definitly recommend it. I traveled by myself, and stayed in a room with 3 other girls. I got a room in the top floor, with a nice roof top view. There is no elevator, so you have to like some daily workout in quite windy stairs. ;) The room I stayed in was clean, and the beds are made daily by the cleaning lady. You have only one shower in the room, but it worked absolutely fine. The toilets are just outside in the hallway,
One thing that surprised me, is that the WiFi was not included in the price. You have to buy a code in the reception, and the internet only works on the first floor. At the moment there were a lot of school kids that stayed at the hostel. They could be a bit noisy sometimes, but mostly it was very calm. Absolutley no party-hostel!
The hostel is located in a great area, just a stones throw from Rue Rivoli. very close to Metro St Paul and the Marais-district, and also close to Hotel de Ville.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Agnes G
Brasilia, DF
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The location is exception. Close to the subway in a quiet neighboorhood. Small room with shared bathroom. The property seems to be one of those listed houses with wooden floor and high ceiling, which I think is cute. Simple, but good enough breakfast. Totally worthy it for a hostel. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Book in advance!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Carla C
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This my first time staying in a hostel, and I had a wonderful experience.
The location is great, only a 5-10 minute walk to the Notre Dame, and a 3-5 minute walk to the nearest metro. It's on a clean, quiet and safe street.
The staff were fine, and they were helpful. The man who checked us in (Daniel) told us about events happening nearby at the museum. And another woman working early in the morning was quite helpful, too.
I stayed four nights in a 6 bedroom room (three bunk beds). They assign you to a specific bed which is numbered. There were two showers and sinks with closed doors. The toilet was just outside the bedroom in the hallway, and was always clean. My room was cleaned every day, and it was quite cozy sleeping here. The other girls in my room were polite and respectful.
My brother stayed in the same type of room but for men, and he had the same experience as I did... Perfectly clean room/bathrooms/beds.
Free breakfast in the morning (although I did not eat here), I saw that they offered orange juice, coffee and croissants (probably other things, too).
There is a curfew, but if you are going to be out past the curfew, you just tell the staff ahead of time, and they will allow it.
I loved my stay here, and I will definitely stay here if I come to Paris again. I highly recommend this place :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sally L
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 19, 2012

As is often the case, rooms in a hostel have a very functional, institutional feel. But this one is clean, professionally run, and an utterly lovely building. And for the price, you cannot find a more affordable place to sleep in Paris. The location is fantastic as well. Even though I feel I may be beyond the age of the hostel, I would stay here again because it was quiet, clean, and tremendous value. The down side of any hostel experience is the shared bathroom. In this case, you only have to share the toilet which luckily was right outside our room. It would have been less enjoyable if you had to walk down the hall in the middle of the night (and don't forget your key to get back in!). I've stayed in all types of hostels, and this one may be the best (perhaps second only to the one in Lausanne, Switzerland).

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Sara M
India
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The location, nice functional rooms, and the breakfast are really great for the price. We had a great time. The toilet is a shared one, hence there are some problems that are usual. But otherwise , it was a good choice!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Iowa
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I stayed here for 6 nights in a single en suite. The room was good -- clean, relatively quiet. The location can't be beat. Easy to walk to Ile de la Cite, Marais, the Metro. The breakfast was good -- coffee/tea/cocoa, juice, pain au chocolat and a baguette with butter and jam.

The only negative would be the school children who don't know the volume of the noise they create. That was a bit annoying, but not the problem of the establishment -- it's kids being kids.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business