“Best ever”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Maubuisson MIJE Hostel
Ranked #28 of 187 Specialty Lodging in Paris
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed here for like 2 weeks and I can only say, it is the best.
Very cheap and nice food. Especialy the wildlife in my room was incomparable.
The food was just bad, it smelled bad and tasted like sulfid.
I am glad I survived my stay. And the beds are even worse, you could as well sleep on the ground, maybe that is even better.
But I like it very much, the view was stunning. But I didn't like the look of the hotel from the outside. It was just so modern!!!! And the service was excellent, they just screamed at you, very nice. The bathroom was comfortable, I have only a few remarks. The shower was or boiling or freezing, so i didn't wash in 2 weeks. And the toilet was

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Jos P

Reviewed May 7, 2012

This was the worst hotel I've ever been.
The food was verry verry verry bad. And for breakfast you get only ONE little croissant, a half old piece of bread and one glass of orange-juice.
The room was small but okay.
The smell in the hotel was bad.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank west-side u
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I have stayed here twice on school trips with our high-school group. This is a very affordable, no-frills place to stay. The breakfast is basic, but good. The rooms are spacious enough. The shared toilet facilities don't bother me, but they may some people. The toilets are cleaned everyday and weren't too bad. It's good to have the shower in the room at least.

The location is amazing, close to many Paris attraction and lots of cafes only metres from the entrance. There is also a local fresh produce market about 200m away on weekends and Wednesday(I think)...brilliant patisseries, metro stations and shopping very close-by. It's only about 5-10minutes walk to Notre Dame and the Seine river.

Most of the rooms are exposed to some type of street noise (either the alley, or church direction). If you keep the windows closed it is quieter. It is opposite a church where some homeless people seem to live...they can be very noisy at all hours of the night. We have never had any security problems here. They have a night security man on duty all night.

There is no road directly to the hotel, it is off small alleys and foot paths. The rooms that back onto a courtyard are probably the quietest. We were there in summer, so had to have the windows open for air and to cool the room down (no Air con).

The lift is small, but it works, so if you don't want to climb lots of stairs you have another option.

If you want something central and affordable (so you can spend your pennies on fun stuff) basic and comfortable, then this is the place. We stay here because you just can't beat the location and we can handle the other more frustrating elements.

Room Tip: Try and get a room that overlooks the central courtyard...it may be quieter...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank MelissaBazley
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Rooms are big, specially the ones at the last floor. bunk bed are great with reading lamp and space to set you things. Shower and sink inside the room is a plus. Bathroom ouside was always cleaned and never had to wait to use it. Great shower pressure (which is rare in Paris). The view to Notre Dame makes you feel REALLY in Paris and the pedestrian street where the hostel is located is very charming! Breakfast is simples but nice, baguete, croissant, chocolate, orange juice butter and jam. No common areas in this one except the restaurant tables where breakfast is served but still nice atmosphere. Markets, Pharmacies and metro all few meters away. Staff was very nice and helpfull as well!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank AdritrBR
Reviewed January 11, 2012

This is a great bargain if you need to watch the bucks in Paris. The rooms were clean, it's easy to get to, St Paul metro is close, and the area is mint! You have a number of great cafe's within 100 yards, the Seine just down the block, Notre Dame and all the great street food vendors less than a Km away, great breakfast, and tons of coffee. The rooms exceeded our expectations - 2 bunks for 4 of us, our own room with shower and sink in the rooms. Hallways are very separated so help with the commotion. A lot of students around, so not always quiet. My only beef is one night a pack of high-school girls wouldn't shut up. it was fine the rest of the week once they tired themselves out from site seeing. The price and location in my favorite Marais District are worth it alone. Perfect if your kids are students too.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank steve s
Reviewed December 29, 2010

I stayed here for a week in April. The location is amazing and the price is right (30 euros/night). There is a baggage storage room in the basement, and the place is clean. It can be a bit overrun with school groups, but I bunked with some really cool people - oh and it's in one of the oldest buildings around! not bad.

I found the staff friendly. Breakfast is included.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank darlingindubai
Reviewed November 4, 2010

This hostel is really not friendly and clean. I ordered a bed in room for girls only but a very strange guy came at 23:30 and really, he had to sleep in room with me. I was very angry and asked at reception, but there a man told me they can not help help me at all, that in fact it is not his job and this situations sometimes happen. From another speech with a cleaninig women I realized they do NOT change blanket in bed every day (who was a person, who slept there before me??). Another big disadvantage of this hostel is that you have to leave your room between 11 and 16 because of cleaning. If you feel very sick (my friend had a flu there) they do not help you at all.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo