“Absolutely terrible, felt exploited and. Negatively affected entire stay.”
Review of Bvj Paris Louvre

Bvj Paris Louvre
Ranked #56 of 193 Specialty Lodging in Paris
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Do not ignore this comment as I did somebody else's! I booked for 4 nights and after the first was changed (from the dingy BVJ Louvre with no elevator to take your bag up the 10 plus stairs and unfriendly staff, albeit in a good location) to another in their chain in the more dodgy part of town. BVJ Opera, where I was moved was better, but I was still changed rooms three time and couldn't check in until half two on each of these occassions (really sucks when you haven't slept the whole night and need a place to crash). My money (over 200 Euros) was stolen from my room and despite a a particularly friendly staff member who helped but hated his/her (anonymity) boss, could do nothing about it. The lockers at both places required two Euros every time you lock them and the internet was a Euro for 10 minutes. Thus I felt exploited and upset upon departure.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Alex F

Reviewed September 20, 2011

If you're a traveller who has been staying in mostly hostels, the prices of BVJ may seem rather high. However, its location is truly hard to beat. BVJ is literally just behind the Louvre, and close to many central metro lines. This area also includes many small restaurants and supermarkets, depending on your plans for eating. Although, BVJ does not supply a public kitchen, so cooking your own food isn't possible. BVJ does provided a free breakfast every morning, which is surprisingly hearty, with some really good breads and yoghurt! There are shared showers on every floor, but a sink in each room. Also, the elevator is NOT for guests, so do keep that in mind, because walking up to the fifth floor a couple times a day is not always fun. The staff was slightly standoffish at times, but overall helpful. All said and done, I would probably stay there again for my next visit to Paris.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
40  Thank mwmax54
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Staying at BVJ was what I would imagine staying in a morgue might be like. This hostel was extremely loud, throughout the night and early morning banging echoes blast throughout the hostel. The atmosphere was non-existent. There is no kitchen and the surrounding area has no cheap eats. Internet cost 3 Euro for an hour. No lift and we were on the fifth floor. Checkout is at 9.30. We changed to a hostel in Montmare which cost less and had free internet/kitchen/atmosphere. Staying At BVJ Louvre will be the worst decision you will ever make. I wouldn't stay there again if it cost only 10 Euro a night.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Gvine
Reviewed July 19, 2011

The location is excellent, the price is acceptable. Apart from this, the breakfast is included and the staff is extremely friendly. I loved it there, and if I ever go to Paris again, my host will be BVJ Louvre.
If any of the staff from BVJ Louvre care to see this - GUYS THANK YOU, YOU'RE THE BEST!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
43  Thank lady_du_voyage
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I would never ever even think about staying here again. The staff were SO rude and after changing which location I was suppose to be at they cancelled my booking because I was 'late' - even though I had emailed them letting them know the train was running late so i would be there a little later (one hour). When I called them to try and find the location (I had asked several people how to get to the address and no one had a the faintest idea) after trying for about 20 min I was informed that my reservation had been cancelled and there was nothing they could do about it (seriously they filled it in the 15 minutes that had passed since I had originally said I would be there?!), the girl wasn't even sorry or sympathetic just said there was nothing she could do and hung up forcing me to have to try and find last minute accommodation. For all the hassle I went through (also can't just confirm the reservation in the first place either, you have to call 3 days before to make sure they have rooms - which apparently the two places don't talk because I was first told that I only had a precooking which was not an actual booking and so if they had no room on the day it was to bad and then told that I did have a room as long as I emailed them confirming the deals of my booking) I would rather book somewhere else and not deal with the staff or the way this place is run!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank nikklepickle
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Have you experienced that a cosy hostel is badly situated or overpriced? This one does not have these flaws: it is located literally 5 minutes away from the Louvre, with close vicinity to many Parisian attractions. By looking like just a regular building, stepping out you may even feel less of a tourist and more of a local on a day off… The interior architecture is impressive for a budget hostel, the staffs are polite and helpful, the rooms are simple, but clean. This hostel provides a good starting point into Parisian days and nights of any kind.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
41  Thank gaborczibik
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Check-in time was late, kinda weird, and all I wanted to do is change but couldn't get into our room until later. The luggage room is not guarded at all so thank goodness nobody ransacked our stuff. As the title of this place suggests this is for young people with a bit of a party attitude, if you are one of these then you will probably have a good time. We were at the very top floor and there is no lift. This was the last place we called and the only place with a room left... so let that tell you something about it. We got placed in a 5 bedroom dorm. There was 4 of us and they told us from the start that a 5th guest could be added and when we came back to our room late there was someone there. No biggie, that's a hostel for you. Great location however, very close to the Louvre. All in all not bad if your not staying long, they don't go out of their way to make your stay special.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple