“Perfect location with wonderful staff”

Le Relais Saint-Honore
Ranked #142 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Le Relais is situated within a few minutes walk of the Louvre, the Jardin des Tuileries, the Seine, and across the river to the Musee D'orsay. It is a small boutique hotel, run by a handful of staff who it seems cannot do enough to help, including speaking fluent English if you wish. They don't have a restaurant (and breakfast is served on trays in the room) but there are many many fine restaurants within walking distance (see my other Paris reviews).
Rue St Honore is a busy street and you do get some street noise, although double glaze windows help. We were not kept awake. Fine shopping, ranging from Armani to fabulous Parisian boutiques, are all within walking distance on Rue St Honore or up the side streets.
we have stayed there a couple of times now, and recommended Le Relais to friends who have been equally impressed. Will continue to use this as our Paris base in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mariner59

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We've staying in Paris several times now, in a variety of hotels, including Georges V, at all price ranges, in a couple of different arrondisements. This is my new favorite hotel. My husband picked it out, and honestly, I could not have been more enchanted. We had an upper story suite that was charming beyond words. Plenty of room, with a separate bedroom & sitting room decorated in delft hues. I could just about live there. The location is perfect as well, so close to the Louvre and plenty of dining and shopping.

There's no breakfast room in the hotel, but they will bring breakfast to your room for a very reasonable price.

The gentleman who checked us in was awfully sweet, and very helpful. My husband was returning our rental car after dropping me and the luggage off at the hotel, and the gentleman gave me the keys to our room and helped me bring in the luggage before my husband even came back to sign the paperwork, just so I could get a start on getting settled. He also arranged for a cab to pick us up the morning of our departure.

Room Tip: Go for a suite on one of the upper floors, they're truly worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kgs1958
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We recently returned to this hotel in the 1st arrondissement, having been here in Jan '12. It was a great experience and the location is extremely central to many of the main attractions, as well as being 5 mins from the red metro line, thus making it extremely easy to move around the metro. The front desk staff are extremely friendly and are keen to assist you with any of your traveling questions/ issues. We will definitely stay here on our future stays in Paris.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2012

This is a small boutique hotel in the heart of Paris, and it's round the corner from everything, or so it feels. The Louvre, the rue de Rivoli, Place Vendôme, the Opera, the Champs Elysée, the Tuileries, place de Concorde, etc., are all less than ten minutes walk away. But just as important is the hotel itself. It is small and has a very personal feel to it. We were greeted by name from the moment we walked in the door (somehow they knew it was us before we had even introduced ourselves) to the moment we left. The rooms are very individual. They are not all that big, but are big enough, and are very clean and pretty, with an excellent quality of toiletries in the bathroom, always a big plus. There is no restaurant, but that is not such a big deal, given the fact that there are so many nearby.
I've stayed in many hotels in Paris, but this is certainly one of the best. It is not cheap, but given the location and quality of servioce, is good value.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Peter C
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The location could note be better, a couple minutes walking from Louvre and in a great shopping (high and low) area (the popular Colette across the street). Beside the location being great it the hotel a great value for your money, we loved the service, in particular Jermome! Soo catering and accommodating to our needs.

The breakfast in the room is also so nice and convenient, albeit just a continental, worth it when you don't want to add that to your to do list for the day. However there is a Le Pain Quotidian in the square behind the hotel which is a nice boulangerie with FANTASTIC cappuccinos!

We stayed in both the double and the suite. Suite is a nice size but the double is a bit small, but totally fine in European standards.

If you are looking for a small boutique type hotel, in a great location at an affordable (in Paris terms) price, this is the place.

Room Tip: There are 2 four person suites - one with a loft for the 2nd double bed (good for a family of 4 I wo...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank cferrendelli
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I can't speak too highly of this charming little hotel in central Paris . The hotel is situated in the Rue Saint Honore , two minutes walk from the Tuileries Gardens and the Louvre and yet the room we had ( at the back of the hotel , away from the street ) was soothingly quiet . It was also immaculately clean and tastefully furnished and - more importantly , for my wife - had a bath! Breakfast , served in the room was excellent - fresh coffee , muesli , warm rolls and fruit - and by Parisian standards , good value . The service was charming and friendly , but unobtrusive . We will definitely stay here again .

Room Tip: I would ask for a room at the back of the hotel , away from the street . Not all rooms have baths...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wandarer
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Went to Paris for a last minute 3 day shopping and site seeing trip with my mom and my 2 small kids, 3 and 7. Called fancy 5 star hotels and they wanted to sell me 2 rooms(because the 2 small kids would violate fire safety rules and have to stay in a sepate room by themselves even if I booked a superior or junior suite). I was so lucky I found this little Gem in the heart of Paris. We had a top floor suite and even though it was not a actuall suite( the connecting wall is open) we had enough room for everyone. There were lots of windows and the room is nice and clean. Close to Place Vendome, Louve and all the shops. We walked everywhere! Marie recommended restaurants and helped to find our shopping target shops. Lots of restuarants close by. We all had a great time.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family