“Love vacation”

Hotel le Notre Dame
Ranked #244 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
“Love vacation”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel,good rooms and good location. Not the best breakfast. Very narrow halls. Small elevator. You have the Notre Dame cathedral across the street. And very closed to resturants also. Is not so closed to eiffel tower ,about 20min walking.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David C
simorar, Responsable réception at Hotel le Notre Dame, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear "DAVID C" We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your comment about your stay amongst us ; Regarding the size of the rooms they are in the normal parisians standards ; and indeed we are a small boutique hotel in an old parisian building (around 200 years ) ; is dissapointing to see that you did not appreciate our French Continental breakfast having organic pastries , fresh squeezed orange juice. Best Regards and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you once more in our hotel ; Simona and the team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Baltimore
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Mom and I stayed at the Hotel le Notre Dame on our first trip to Paris. We were greeted by helpful, English-speaking staff, who gracefully indulged us when we tried to use our limited French.

Decor is very funky and colorful - Lacroix designed! The room was compact but cute with a great view of Notre Dame. There are sights and good restaurants within easy walking distance, and you can hop on the subway across the street, making this the perfect place for us. Would definitely return!

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank CMasonD
simorar, Responsable réception at Hotel le Notre Dame, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear "CMasonD" We thank you for your kind feedack about your stay with us.We hope that as promised you will return as soon as posible in our funky hotel ; and we wish you a Happy New Year 2014.Warmest Regards Simona and the team
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband and I chose this hotel upon recommendation from a friend. She said it is good, amazing location and good rooms. Boy was I surprised...
My husband and I stayed for 3 nights.
Was easy to find, as soon as we walked in we were greeted with a friendly hello.. This continued through our stay, very friendly and helpful staff. Not once was there any issues, really impressed.
When we got to our room, we were surprised, and extremely pleased. Amazing views of notre dame, split level and shower! And very clean and fun fittings.
There is no hot kettle but the staff are helpful to bring tea to your room, very promptly.
I would recommend this hotel to my friends who wants something central, fun, great friendly service. If we go to paris I hope to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Miroslava J
Dear Guest , We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor about your stay amongst us last December.It is so nice to see that your choice meet your expectations and the you will recommend us. We are looking forward your next visit - as promised - and please accept our Best Wishes for 2014.Warmest Regards Simona and the team.
Alaska
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Our October 2013 trip to Paris was fabulous once again because of the Hotel Le Notre Dame! Thanks to the amazing staff, Simona you're the best; perfect setting we look forward to our next visit. Happy New Year, cheers from Alaska!

Room Tip: Rooms 52 & 42 have the best view of Notre Dame, small bathrooms but the view is worth it!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JNUDEE
Dear "JNUDEE" ; What a pleasure to read you nice feedback regarding your second stay with us; Many thanks for it ! and for your loyalty ; you can always count on us to give you the best souvenir about Paris.We wish you all the best for the New Year 2014 , and we hope that you have a nice Christmas Hoildays Warmest Regards and we are lookig forward for your next visit - your second home far away from home is waiting for you :) // Simona and the team
Busto Arsizio, Italy
Reviewed December 17, 2013

In the heart of Paris, and in the middle of your dream of Pairs. You cannot find words to say how warm and cozy could be to drink a tea sitting at the table of the brakfast room and looking out to the Notre Dame Church.. you can really feel Paris in your hands.. :)

Room Tip: Every room is special, no one like the others!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Daniele C
simorar, Responsable réception at Hotel le Notre Dame, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear " Danielle C " We would like to thank you for taking the time to poste your nice comment regarding your stay amongst us, and we are so happy to see that you enjoyed our special Parisian atmosphere. We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year. Awaiting for the pleasure to welcome you very soon ; Simona and the team
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I stayed with a friend in Paris over the weekend and chose this hotel for it's location and (expected?) level of quality, taking pictures, reviews and the price into account.
I sent an email beforehand to ensure that my friend and I had separate beds. This was confirmed via email without problem.
Upon arrival however we were give a room with a double bed (2 beds made as one double). Fifth floor in the back (not nice,as there is a window but it is very dark as the courtyard is minimal). so back to the reception to change. We received the key to another room and again, no two single beds. I showed the, by then, grumpy receptionist the confirmation in writing and mentioned I expected him to solve it by separating the beds and put separate linnen on by the time we would come back from dinner. He was not very happy about this and initially actually refused.
Well, by the time we came back he had separated the beds and we both had bedcovers for a double bed filling the small room up quite a lot. Like they did not have single bed covers?

Anyway, this issue was solved. What was worse is that the room was very very dusty and did not feel clean. There is carpet, cloth, pillows etc. everywhere and there was a thick layer of dust on the furniture. I have dust mite allergy so after a sneezing attack I reverted to antihistamines to be able to sleep. The next morning my cheast, neck and face were red blotched because of the allergy. At the reception I explained that I am allergic and I kindly asked the receptionist to please dust of in the room. When we came back - everything was exactly the same. They only changed towels and made the bed. No dusting of of any kind, nothing! In the end I took one of the towels, made it wet and did it myself.
Not a very pleasant experience.
This for 270 EUR per night is not satisfactory. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank estdk_10
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Whenever I have been in Paris, I have stayed at Le Notre Dame Hotel, I love it because it is located in a place where you can always go anywhere easily.
The people that work there are very nice, they always helped us gladly.
If I ever travel to Paris again, I will stay at Le Notre Dame.
The rates are worth it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ili91
simorar, Responsable réception at Hotel le Notre Dame, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Guest We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a kindly comment about your stay with us. Is a pleasure to see that whenever you stay in Paris is in our hotel ; and be sure that we will always do the best to make you have a nice souvenir about Paris and Le Notre Dame ; and that all of us here at the hotel are looking forword for your next visit amongst us.Warmest Regards.Simona and the team.