“Okay....”

Ranked #231 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Cleveland, Ohio
“Okay....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

We just spent six nights in Paris at Hotel Le Notre Dame. It is in a great location; we had a view of the Seine River & Notre Dame from our window. The hotel is within walking distance to everything from the Eiffel Tower to Champs to the train station. The Metro is located right across the street. BUT.... the walls are paper thin so be prepared to hear your neighbors television all night, expect a different staff member everyday at the reception desk and be prepared for a ton of stairs. Although they do have a lift, it is very small. Our room was on the second floor, which was about 55 stairs from room to front door. The room was small as expected. What designer decor? The place just has gaudy wallpaper from floor to ceiling. Overall: we would not stay here again.

2 Thank Chase F
simorar, Responsable réception at Hotel le Notre Dame, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Bonjour dear "CHF83" we thank you for the feedback on your stay amongst us.Indeed we have a special location in the center of Paris ; nice to see that you appreciate it.We are sorry to see your dissapointement regarding the size of our rooms but please note that the parisian standard size are not big ; specialy for a historical building from the 18th century like ours ; and that you did not notice our special design signed Christian LACROIX. .It was a pleasure to have you with us and we wish you all the best.Simona and the team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

When booking at this hotel I was a little concerned the decor would overwhelm me but was sold on the location. I was surely not disappointed with the location. Close to all, allowing walking and taking the train a snap, even back and forth to CDG. The decor of the hotel, styled by Christian Lacroix, was done in good taste, even with the mix / match of patterns, it added to the french experience. The hotel was clean and staff was friendly and accommodating. A place I would visit again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
simorar, Responsable réception at Hotel le Notre Dame, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Madam ; We would like to thank you for leaving your nice comment about your stay with us ; and for highlighted our central location in the city of lights , and our special design made by Christian Lacroix giving to our hotel special vibes.Best Regards and looking forward to welcome you very soon again amogst us ; as promised.Simona and the team
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Hotel, very central, and not too large. Our room overlooked the Seine and Notre Dame cathedral. Situated in Latin Quarter so plenty to see and within walking distance of Louvre, Eiffel Tower and many other sights. Room was small and individually decorated but extremely clean and good shower. Staff very friendly, efficient and helpful. Good breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on 3rd floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ElizabethD ; Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay with us on TripAdvisor and it is so nice to see that everything went well and that you ejoyed our location , our service , and our staff.Warms Regards and we all here at Le Notre Dame , hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again very soon.Simona and the team.
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Took the trip to Paris to celebrate one of my bestest friends 40th birthday. I discovered the hotel while researching Paris hotels with great views, you have the view of the Notre Dame Cathedral and the Seine River from most of the rooms (at least all the ones I was able to check out).
And as all the previous reviews state- Yes!!! The location is the greatest aspect of this hotel!
It is walking distance from just about everything and if you don’t want to walk the metro is located just across the street.

I loved my room, I stayed in room 22, I actually loved the hotels entire décor, all the rooms were designed by Christian Lacroix, and they’re all different (again at least the ones I peeped into). Now my friends stayed in room 24, and although the décor was just as nice, their room had a very bad smell of mildew. I honestly don’t know how they put up with it for all 5 days. I think it may have been the carpet, this really is really unacceptable, especially since this hotel is not cheap, we paid and avg of about $285 USD per night.

Some reviews mentioned that you have to bring your luggage up a flight of stairs to get to the reception area, YES this is true and, NO there is no one to help you –there is no doorman or bellman. Thankfully our airport transfer company drivers assisted us with this task both ways! It’s a boutique hotel so you have to keep that in mind, rooms are small but if your organized and take advantage of the closet space you shouldn’t even notice….there is a two person max per room for a reason. The elevator is a very small, two/three passengers at a time capacity, one with your luggage –Thankfully we were on the 2nd floor (which is the 1st floor of rooms) so we always took the small flight of stairs. We had no issues with noise, yes the area is always buzzing but I had no problems sleeping at all….I mean your in Paris- Did you come here to sleep !!??

Overall, I had a great time and I enjoyed the hotel it was VERY CLEAN, I felt safe, I felt my items were safe without using the safe (smile). I like the fact that you had to leave your room key whenever you left the hotel, cuts out you losing or demagnetizing it. I just wonder if they get annoyed when you keep having to request it. The only issue I had (other then the mildew smell in room 24) is with the employees at the front desk. Yes they were nice, said Bonjour, they are just NOT overly friendly, at least not to us. This is what distinguishes great customer service in my opinion and a GREAT experience. Maybe this is the norm for hospitality in France?? Don’t get me wrong, they were not mean, and when you asked them a question, of course they answered - but that’s all you got. It was like pulling teeth to get additional conversation or information, information that I know most tourist request. In the US, most people who work the front desk are overly friendly and go above and beyond to make sure your questions are answered, there is no confusion, and they even make RECOMMENDATIONS in ANTICIPATION!

We stayed here August 22nd through the 26th and we had a great time. Again, great great great location. Right behind the hotel there is a little street (what I call a hidden gem) it reminds me of bourbon street in New Orleans, so we did not have to go far for dinner, nightlife or entertainment! There hotel has free wi-fi although in the rooms the connections wasn’t that great, and it was best in the lobby. But, most of the café’s in the area had free wi-fi.

SO you ask if I would stay at the Hotel Le Notre Dame when returning to Paris - I Say I Definitely would! I would just request my same room, room 22 (smile) I loved my room! By the way- my room only had a glass shower, not completely enclosed. My friend’s room had a bath tub with the shower head attached.

Room Tip: Notre Dame or Seine River view a must!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear "Jen-Jer75" Many thanks for your precise and detailed feedback about your stay with us.We are sorry for the desapointement your friends had in theier room and very sorry that they did not let us know , we could propose them somethig else the time to fix it ; and be sure that during your next stay - as promised - you will see that the feeling you had about employes at the reception was just a misunderstanding.Looking forward to welcome you very soon ; Warms Regards Simona and the team.
Ludlow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Excellent location with stunning views of Notre Dame and the Conciergerie from the bedroom window.
The Christian Lacroix decor may not be to everyone's taste and may be a little worn in places, but it still makes a refreshing change from the normally anodyne hotel rooms in most other hotels.
Access from the street is via a narrow steep set of stairs, with no lift from the street, so be warned if you have mobility issues. There is a lift from 1st floor, but it is very small and just about accommodates 2 people and one large suitcase.
The bar is fairly basic and breakfast is limited to baguette, pain au chocolate and croissant with orange juice and coffee. 10 euro may seem steep, but is more or less what you would pay elsewhere around this area for a similar price.
If all you need is a clean, comfortable, quiet, convenient location where the staff greet you with a friendly smile, then this is the place for you. The best recommendation is that we would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: Attic rooms are on 2 levels with bedroom access via narrow, steep stairs, so not suited if you have...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear "Roy L" ; We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your comment about your stay with us on TripAdvisor ; and is nice that our small boutique hotel was for you " A change from the usual" , and we are looking forward to welcome you very soon as promised.Best Regards. Simona and the team
Gillingham, kent, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was booked for us as a surprise. It's a small place located on a busy corner with views of the Seine and Notre Dame. Rooms are small but very clean, nice bed and good shower, free wi fi and safe. We did not have the breakfast or use the bar, but close to everything and the metro, would be happy to stay here again

• Stayed September 2013
Dear "AMOSITE" ; We thank you very much for your comment left on TripAdvisor.Is nice to see that we have been a good " suprise " for you and be sure that we will be very happy as well to have you among our customers again very soon , and maybe that time you will taste our French Continental breakfast and you will enjoy our bar open 24 on 24 - watching the Parisian night life in front of " Notre Dame " with a glass of wine.Warms regards Simona and the team
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed here end of summer last year for a concert trip. Location was fantastic, very easy to get to and most of the central locations we wanted were all in easy reach. The hotel staff were very friendly. Don't know whether all rooms have a view of Notre Dame but ours did and it makes for an impressive picture. Wasn't as noisy as you might think, considering it is straight off a busy road. The decor is very colourful but we liked it. It was nice to stay somewhere with an identity rather than many hotels where they play it safe and everything is quite neutral. The rooms are fairly compact but the bathroom and shower was great. Would definitely recommend it, especially if you are a couple going for a long weekend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CharlieBrown2012
simorar, Responsable réception at Hotel le Notre Dame, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
"Dear CharlieBrown 2012" We would like to thank you for the nice apreciation you have regarding your stay with us , and that you take the time to share it on TripAdvisor ;It is nice to see that you had a pleasent stay with us , and we are looking forward to welcome you very soon , in another of our "funky and colourful" rooms.Warms Regards Simona and the team