“Very good quality for reasonable price”

Hotel Design Sorbonne
Ranked #276 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Book the hotel online, the rates are far better.
Quality of the breakfast is excellent.
Location is also great: nice quiet street, yet very close to Quartie Latin.
Rooms are OK, bathroom was rather small, but to compensate... the room had a Mac with free TV and free Internet access: great idea, this shoudl become the standard in all hotels.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rikf0
Write a ReviewReviews (1,348)

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Just got back from this hotel, and had a great time! The hotel is small and has a 'boutique' feel to it...our room was number 3 which is decorated in lime green with black, we found it beautiful, modern, and unusual. The room is small, but had everything we needed and was comfortable, we expected this size in Paris too :) it was a little dark for trying to put my face on, but moving the standing lamp rectified this. We didn't have the breakfast as we were keen to try cafes in the area, of which there are many...what was good though is that the hotel was charging the same amount as the cafes, when most hotels in the uk would definitely try to make a profit here! If I had one grumble it would be that staff did not mention that we had to leave our key with them everyday in order to have the room made-up, this meant that our room was not seen to during our stay...however, the room is so small that there is no space for mess, we didn't run out of towels, and we were so tired after long days of exploring that the bed could have been covered in thorns and we would have still slept like logs! All in all a very positive stay, and we would return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 66Red
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed for five nights, and found this a good base and generally acceptable. My room was very small, with really minimal space for clothes, but the bed was enormous and extremely comfortable, and there was no noise in the room at all. The first day when I came back in the afternoon I was shocked to find that the bed had not been made, but on the other days the room was serviced normally. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. I would not recommend the breakfast, of the self-service variety (you even cook your own egg!), but there are many good cafés nearby. My general impression was of an old building cleverly transformed into a hotel, but with small, rather dark rooms and minimal facilities.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nikos051
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights. Just what we wanted will recommend to friends. Very close to everything. Staff were great we had no problems... 200 characters are alot was all good. Breakfast was interesting but fresh and good would recommend.

1  Thank Pete M
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed here for three nights. The first room was tiny so we had to get an upgrade. The next room was slightly bigger and more comforatable. The bathroom was also slightly bigger. The room was clean however, what was unpleasant was that the one blanket in the bed and the spare blanket was filled with other people's hair. that was extremely off putting. The staff were friendly. In the morning the breakfasts were pleasant. You had a selection of croissants, baguettes, different yoghurts, cheeses, a cake, crepes and toast. You make your own egg. They offer you juice and tea or coffee. The location is fairly central. Although I did like this hotel as the rest of it was clean the blankets covered with hair left a slightly bitter taste.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2013

There are so many hotel options in Paris and I did a bit of research and found this great find. The location was perfect and size for a boutique hotel. I was there for both business and pleasure so it was convenient to the metro and RER from the airport. We found some great restaurants within 5-10 min walking distance. The staff was super helpful and friendly to us everyday! (Thank you Abi, Carlotta, Renne, David and Damien) I design hotels for a living so I am fairly critical...Minor things that could be adjusted...I love when a hotel has awesome pillows and a variety of soft/firmness...They could use some new ones.( I travel with my own JUST IN CASE) I also would have like to have a king bed in room 61..but we were very cozy. If you are use to USA room size standards..these rooms are petite but charming...

Room Tip: Loved room 61 top floor: peakaboo view of Eiffel Tower and great view of Pantheon. Great Bathtub! We...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lorraine F
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Just visited here with my boyfriend for a long weekend and had a lovely time.
We chose to explore the surrounding areas (after a few walks from here to Place de Italie - very long way!) and the hotel is in a nice location, quite hard to find but still surrounded by a lot of the local culture. I booked my room through late rooms otherwise it would have been €270 per night. Rooms quite small but I didn't visit paris to sit in my room all day!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Ginandtoniconit
hoteldelasorbonne, Directeur général at Hotel Design Sorbonne, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Ginandtoniconit,

Many thanks for sharing your experience with us.
You definitely got a good rate, but for your next reservation take a look at the online rate on our site to get an even better, guaranteed lower price deal!

We hope to have your visit again soon.

Kind regards