Ibis Budget Paris La Villette
$166
$195
$173
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Augustin - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
$174
$149
$564
$508
1,244 results
All reviewsmetro stationbudget stayjean jauresvending machinegreat budget hotelgare du nordper nighthotel lobbyfree wifivisited parisexplore pariscroissantsstreet noisestayed here for nightseasy accessbooked this hoteleiffel tower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Good hotel for a cheap & cheerful base from which to explore the fabulous city of Paris! Quick journey from Gard du Nord - use Metro station Laumiere and exit via Avenue Jean-Jaures and you will see hotel.

Rooms very clean, towels changed daily & staff members efficient and friendly. First experience of the Ibis Budget brand and not sure I would use again - the shower was actually in the bedroom so the floor became slippery and the toilet door was simply a free-swinging panel.

Area was pleasant - lots of busy bars and restaurants particularly around Jaures Metro station which is a couple of minutes further than Laumiere and in the opposite direction.

4  Thank cocktailgal
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Dear travellers,

I would like to share my recent experience, including my mother and 84 year old grandmother, this morning (19.05.14 at 03:30am) at the hotel ibis budget Paris La Villette 19th (57-63, Avenue Jean Jaurès - 75019 PARIS).

Using the website rapt.fr, I found that I could use public transportation to travel to the airport using the bus N13 followed by N143.

At 03:25am I went to the reception to ask the receptionist if he could direct me to the bus station where I could take the N13 bus to the airport. With extremely “poor” English he informed me that the Metro wouldn’t work before 5:30am and that there was no other way of going to the airport other than by taxi.

I asked him if he could call a taxi for me. Before calling he told me it would be 50€ and that it will take around 25-30min. Finding it really expensive, but, as he said, I have no other option I asked him to call. His behaviour after was strange, instead of calling the taxi at the reception desk, he went inside the back room to order the taxi for me. He returned and let me know that the taxi will arrive in 15 minutes, when there were taxis passing outside the hotel regularly. As it is always safer to to use the taxi service from the hotel especially during the late hours, i waited for the hotel taxi.

After approx. 20 min I saw a taxi trying to park in the front. I started getting the luggage and helping my grandmother go outside, the receptionist screamed that I should wait, that the driver would come inside the hotel. Finding the whole situation more than strange, I saw the taxi driver come in and shake hands with the receptionist, putting some money in his hand. Watching this absurd situation I went to the both of them and asked the taxi driver how much would it be to the airport, he told me it would be between 50-55€. Infuriated by the situation I asked why he gave the receptionist money. The taxi driver was silent and the receptionist tried to deny it, but when i pointed out that i can clearly see the money in his hand and that his behaviour is unjust, his simple reply was “and? And what? What are you going to do?”.

We cancelled the taxi and left the hotel at that late hour looking for another taxi to take us to the airport. Please note that by “we” I mean 3 women including my 84 years old grandmother. And yes, things got even worse. We were walking down the street looking for a taxi and the corrupt taxi driver was driving next to us, telling all taxis that we tried to stop to keep driving. After 5 minutes of his harassment, he drove off and after 5-10 minutes we managed to stop a taxi and get to the airport, paying 10€ less than what the corrupt taxi drive said.

Unfortunately I didn’t get the name of the corrupt receptionist, as he was without a uniform and/or name stamped.

So in case they don't fire him and you are staying at this hotel, he is a bit overweight and has small eyes.

Let's hope they do something about this kind of staff they have.

Room Tip: The triple room is not made for three adults. It's hard to get to the bed on the top, from my experince, you will have to spread the sheets on your own and there will only be 2 towels available.
15  Thank marianacollier
Reviewed May 19, 2014

My family stayed one night on Saturday of last week at this hotel. We booked 2 rooms (for 5 of us). The hotel abit difficult to find out because in front of is small road, we spended about 30 minutes for looking of the hotel. Then we got it, check-in with clean room, small and super clean. The price is not so expensive and easy to catch Paris center by Metro. We had a good weekend trip in France. High recommend everyone!

1  Thank Catherine H
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Cheap and a great location easy for the metro. Rooms are basic but clean, perfect for using as a base. Stayed here with friends and we all enjoyed our stay. Serves breakfast for €6.15 if you want it. Plenty of places to eat nearby and also a supermarket next door.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Lee M
Reviewed May 8, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com