“Conveniently located, friendly staff, warm room”

Hotel Bellevue Paris Montmartre
Ranked #796 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Conveniently located, friendly staff, warm room”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We chose this hotel as we had an early Eurostar train on Monday morning, and it was just a 10 minute walk form Gare du Nord. The front desk is open 24 hours, so there was always someone on hand to help if needed. Our room was clean and comfortable. The heating worked very well, and there were spare pillows and blankets (lacking in many places we've stayed at). The shower was nice and hot, but my only complaint was that the drainage was not great, so we had to have quite short showers to avoid a flood. The lady at the front desk gave us a list of local recommendations for places to eat, and we tried one of them (a couple were closed - maybe a winter time thing), just for drinks after dinner one night and it had a very chilled out vibe. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms at teh back of the building are most likely to be quieter.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2014

It's hard in Paris to find a good quality/price ratio. We were pretty happy though with the Bellevue Hotel in Montmartre. The hotel is situated on a fairly quiet street about five minutes away Abbesses and maybe 10 minutes away from Sacre Coeur as well as 5-10 minutes from the nearest metro. Aside from the Sacre Coeur, there are loads of shops and restaurants in the area so it's a great place to base yourself. We had a room at the rear of the building so it was very quiet, which was great, but I would imagine the rooms at the front are OK as well.
The decor was basic, but cosy enough and the bed was fine. The room was a decent size for Paris and the bathroom was functional and clean.
The reception staff were friendly and suggested places to eat in the area, one of which we tried and which was very good. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel but that was an option. We went instead to the famed blue boulangerie at 6 rue des Abbesses where the croissants are to die for.
All in all, a good choice, not luxurious but fine for those looking for a decent, clean place to spend a couple of nights. Would go back but probably upgrade if visiting with parents.

Room Tip: Go for a rear room if you want to be sure of a good's night sleep.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 13, 2014

This hotel is perfect for a trip to Paris, it's on the corner of the Sacré Coeur and the Moulin Rouge. The rooms are really neat, the staff is friendly and helpfull and the breakfast has a lot of different food. I would definetely go back here!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Fleur K
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Good hotel to stay some days in Paris. Relation between quality and price is correct. A little bit far form the center, but next to a metro station. Very clean. The workers speak english and are helpfull. Good for a quick trip.

• Stayed February 2014
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We really did enjoy our three nights at Hotel Bellevue.
Perfect located in the romantic Montmartre.
Friendly serviceminded staff at the desk 24/7.
Clean room and bathroom.
Shower with warm water. Slippery floor when wet.
Radiator.
Very simple breakfast.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed at Bellevue Hotel - Montmartre for two nights in January 2014. I really did not spend much time at all in the hotel, using it only to sleep and shower, but it was very disappointing in terms of a comfortable place to sleep.
I stayed in room 22, which had two single beds pushed together to create one large bed. Unfortunately, one of the mattresses was in very poor condition. It was squashed flat and shaped like a parallelogram instead of a rectangle. This made it a different height to the adjoining mattress and meant that the bed was lumpy and very uncomfortable,
The room was also very, very warm and I could not seem to turn off the radiator. Even with the valve fully closed, it was still putting out enough heat that I had to sleep with the window open in January.
Otherwise, the hotel was basic but OK. The room had hanging space but no drawers. I fan and folding luggage rack was provided. The bathroom had toilet sink & shower only (no bath or bidet). Basic toiletries (soap & shampoo/body wash) are provided. The room contained a small desk with folding chair.
The hotel also has WIFI, but I did not really use it. I called reception to get the user name & password and I was given what seemed to be a unique, randomly generated, single use ID. I used it to connect my phone to their WIFI, but when I tried to use the same credentials to connect my tablet, it failed saying that the user name & password had already been used. As I was really only there to sleep, I gave up on connecting my tablet to the WIFI.
The staff seemed friendly, although I was concerned that, when I returned at 2AM on my first night, the man on reception handed me the key to room 22 without asking for any sort of proof that I was a guest (the hotel requires your to hand in your key when you leave each day and collect it on your return).
I had breakfast in the hotel on my second morning which was fine. The breakfast room in pretty basic - folding chairs and tables - but the breakfast was reasonable value for money. €12 gets you a basket containing ½ baguette, a croissant, & a small pain au chocolat, a yoghurt, orange juice plus a selection of fruit (apples, oranges & bananas), cold cereal, and condiments - butter, jam etc. and coffee or tea.
I did report the problem with the mattress on my second morning and I was offered a room swap, but there was no point as I was checking out that day. I couldn't really ask for a swap the night before as it was so late when I got in.
Aside from the problems with the mattress and the heat, the hotel was OK. It seemed basic but reasonably clean. Unfortunately, all I really needed the room for was to sleep and in that respect, it was a let-down and it was very uncomfortable. I hardly slept the first night and the second night I just resigned myself to sleeping in the one single bed with the decent mattress.
I would not stay again.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 22!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank EFILWOL
Bellevuehotel, General Manager at Hotel Bellevue Paris Montmartre, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
You will find below our Management response :
1) “one of the mattresses was …..condition”:
Not true. Our mattresses are in very good condition. As the client himself stated, we offered a new room immediately to the client, but he refused to change rooms.

2) “The room was also ……in January.”:
Not true. After verification, the room was warm and the radiator was working perfectly and you can turn the switch on and off easily. Unfortunately, the client didn’t know how to use it. Why the client didn’t call the reception to show him how to use it ?

3) “The hotel also has WIFI …… already been used”:
Not true. The WIFI is working perfectly fine and one can have as many tickets as ha wants, and they are totally fre. ²Unfortunately, the client didn’t understand how to use it.

4) We thank the client for complementing our Breakfast Service and the cleanliness of our Hotel Bellevue.

Conclusion:
1) We offered the client to change rooms immediately but he refused to change rooms.
2) Our hotel is in very good condition, our heating and plumbing system and our WIFI system are work perfectly well.
3) we believe that we do offer an excellent service for an extremely reasonable price.

4) We have a well-kept and well managed hotel, our personnel is professional and always ready to help to make our client’s stay memorable and comfortable.

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Very clean, ideal hotel to stay at in Paris. This hotel is right by a metro station from where you can travel further into the city. The staff were very friendly and always there to help. The room was very clean and we were left with clean bedding and towels each day. Very good value for money, would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014