“Nice enough”

Hotel du Collectionneur
Ranked #429 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I spent 8 days at this hotel, and overall it was pretty good. The food was very good, the staff very pleasant and helpful, but the executive rooms were a little small. The bathroom was right next the bed, not much for privacy. All requests were met on a timely fashion and our did have an Eiffel Tower view. This probably wouldn't be my first choice for a 5 star hotel if I go back to Paris, but it was pretty much as advertised.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am very happy to read of your satisfaction in regard to the overall experience, food, staff and the view. Our Executive rooms measure in between 28 to 30 square meters for means of explanation only and the important difference in between the standard and the executive rooms is to have the access to our Executive lounge in the first place and I understood that the size did not match your expectation unfortunately.

keeping it in mind, I wish you will not hesitate to contact us if at all we still remain one among the choices you may make for your future stays in Paris and I will be glad to look into the details of your arrival and assure that you are satisfied to the most concerning our rooms.

With best wishes,

There are newer reviews for Hotel du Collectionneur

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We arrived at the hotel around 8am following our overseas flight. Upon check-in we were told that our room would not be ready until 3 pm so we headed out to find a French croissant or pain au chocolat and to see the Arc de Triomphe, which was about a few minute walk away. Once our room was ready, we hit the comfy bed for a quick nap before meeting our traveling companions for dinner. Our room was quite lovely and overlooked the hotel’s courtyard. The bath room was spacious with Gilchrist & Soames shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. Ooh La La! Breakfast was included with our hotel package so we headed to the restaurant each morning for the buffet breakfast. Wow! Everything that you could imagine was there… even pain au chocolat!!! Eggs & omelettes made to order, bacon, sausage, ham, cheeses, cold cuts, fruits, cereals, yogurt, fresh baked breads, and more… What a great way to start the day! The hotel is beautiful and is located near the Champs-Elysee and business district; there are several good restaurants located within walking distance (note 10 to 20 minute walk away). Prices for cocktails in the Purple Bar are expensive!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
we are all very delighted to feel your emotions, excitement and pleasure you experienced throughout your stay at our hotel and we are very thankful to the brief review you wrote on this web-page. Please do not ever hesitate to contact us for any trips you may organize to visit our beautiful city of lights and we will all be as delighted to welcome you all back at our property.

cordially,

Hôtel du Collectiionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris

Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed here approx 2 years ago great hotel service was great. We stayed here for 2 nights in July 2014 service still very good. We had a one bed suite and was upgraded to a deluxe which was great. Fantastic location 10 minute walk to shops. We noticed that the rooms and hotel is getting tired and although the concierge was fantastic so helpful the guys out the front not so good. We arrived with two big bags from the airport and wasn't even offered a hand. We also noticed this time that to catch a taxi was much more up to you. Still a great hotel and great location and would stay again when in Paris.

Room Tip: Go as high as you can you will get noise from floors above we had someone noisy most of the night
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I thank you at the first place for the support you have lent us through your writings assuring us that corrective measures can still be taken by mentioning the issues with the luggage and taxi help not proposed and for re-assuring us that you will surely return to our property.

Sincerely apologizing for the inconvenience with the above situations that you may have experienced, I gladly invite you to please contact our Guest relations team for any of your future stays and my team and I will be more than happy to look after your stay and gain back your complete confidence making sure that you did not make a mistake in taking the decision to return to our Hotel.

With our very warm regards,

Reviewed August 2, 2014

My husband, our teenage daughter and I last month spent eight nights at the Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe. We knew it would be a wonderful stay, because the head of concierge services answered all of my questions and made dinner reservations for us courteously and promptly weeks before we even left the United States. Once there, the concierge staff was friendly, knowledgeable and always ready with a map and directions.

The hotel, including the Safran dining room and the Purple bar, all are beautifully appointed. The Safran features delicious food in a lovely indoor/outdoor setting, and the well appointed bar has a lovely patio.

We stayed on one of the executive floors. Our room was lovely and quiet and adjacent to the executive lounge, which offers food and beverages for about 14 hours a day, with two additional hours of coffee and tea from 9 p.m.-11 p.m. The hot and cold offerings served during the breakfast, lunch and dinner hours are generous enough to serve as complete meals, and often did for us. Additionally, after a busy day of sightseeing, it was great to sip champagne or wine on the lounge's balcony overlooking the city.

The guest services staff sent us treats of cookies, candy or candied nuts four times while we were there.

The location is great, between two Metro stops, and cabs are almost always waiting at the hotel.

I hope we find equally wonderful hotels in the next European cities we visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank RCWG

Dear Guest,
Our entire staff is so very glad to read your wonderful experience and to see how much our efforts have contributed in returning your stay a pleasant and enjoyable one. We are all very much overwhelmed for the time you have taken to write down your review and we all very sincerely wish that you will find great hotels with great services wherever you may go.

Looking forward to welcome you back in near future,

with our very best wishes,

Reviewed August 2, 2014

I should have left when theybwanted to pre authorize my Visa card for 600 €. We had an executive suite. The room smelled like incense. The maid sprayed a febreeze like product. We went to dinner, left the balcony door open, ant the AC on to air it out. It still smelled bad. I went to the front desk to change rooms. They had other rooms but would not move me. There are many better hotels in Paris for the money.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bwb138

Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing down your experience with the recent stay at our property and by means of explanation only, I would like to kindly bring to your attention that the pre-authorization is not an unknown hotel procedure and when done, the bank holds the money for the hotel to guaranty your stay with the incidental charges you may use which in fact in convenient to many guests who wish to do "no stop" check outs or do not wish to wait in lines at departure hours. But once the departure is effected using the amount hold apart to balance your invoice, in the system, the remaining amount systematically gets de-blocked of course depending on every individual bank.

We are also sorry to learn that the perfume smell in your room did not please you unlike few guests who appreciate it. As we use the same perfume in all rooms and unless we have not been advised by any particular guest to not put it in the room allocated for him due to personal like and dislikes or due to health issues, I believe my colleagues did not wish to do the room move to only put you back in the same situation. On the other hand, I truly hope that the required was done during your stay to use the machinery to remove the strong smell.

Willing to have a second chance to regain your confidence in our service, I request you to not hesitate to contact me if any trip to our city, Paris.

With regards,

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Stayed for two nights prior to an Avalon Waterways river cruise. We were held in the lobby until after 3 pm for a room check-in. The room was nice overall. The breakfast buffet has a broad selection of low quality food which is NOT worth the price.

Room Tip: Chose a room on the courtyard side of the hotel or backside. There was significant street noise dur...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kv1361

Dear Guest,
please accept one again our very sincere apologies for the delay in check in that you had to experience and I agree that with the very heavy activity, we were unable to exceptionally keep up with the timing but neverthless, I am glad to hear that the room you checked into was appreciatable.
I also read that the selection of food during breakfast buffet did not meet your expectations and so please rest assured that our Chef has been informed of your review and we will look into the details and bring in changes if and where required.

Hoping that your overall experience and th whole trip was all pleasant,

With kind regards,

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I was spending a short trip to Paris with my parents. The room was OK but more like 3-4 stars hotel. However, i would have to say that this hotel offers us the WORST service ever. I was asking for an adapter and the first respond is that they will send it to the room straight away. About an hour later, no adapter was sent up. I called back and one lady said that there is one in the mini bar. I asked why didnt she tell me that from the first time i called and she said because i didnt ask. How am i supposed to know that someone would ever place an adapter into the mini bar. I think that it is their jobs to offer customer the full information needed. Plus, she wasnt supply the information that i have to pay €9 for an adapter. To be honest, €9 is not a big deal for ppl like us who paid so much money to stay in the hotel. The MOST important thing is about the manor of the front desk people. The lady that was mentioned above was VERY OR EXTREMLY RUDE. I was wondering is it worth to spend so much more money to be offered the services that is not even near any 3 stars hotel. Also, the wifi of the hotel was BAD, i cannot connect to my laptop or ipad at all ! Seriously, how can they take our money and offer us NOTHING??? I would never ever go back here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank PhamBaoChau
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Dear PhamBaoChau,

I would like to thank you for having shared your review following your recent stay at our property.

Please kindly accept our very sincere apologize for the inconvenient you had encountered. We have taken notes of your comments and we appreciated the feedback as we keep constantly look into details for improvement in each level of our service and quality.

I would like to take this opportunity to request you to contact me in person for your any future trip to Paris and I would be very pleased to personally look into the details of your stay to return it as a very memorable one.

Yours sincerely ,