“Just great”

Hotel du Collectionneur
Ranked #428 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed March 13, 2014

The hotel is excellent in everything! The building itself, the garden, several bars and restaurants - just so beautiful)) I would like to stress that employees are so helpful, kind and appealing! I'm amazed by them!))) Moreover, they have the best breakfast I've eaten. The only thing is that it's pretty expensive - especially restaurant, bars but overall it's great! I would recommend to stay there!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Надя К
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for having posted your feedback after your recent stay with us.

We are very thankful to your comments concerning the building itself with its gardens, bar and restaurant and especially about the helpfulness of our staff with their kind appealing all over your stay in our hotel.

I truly hope I can have the pleasure to welcome you soon in the City of Lights, Paris, hoping also we will be one more time the hotel of your preference. If that is the case, please, don't hesitate to contact me directly, I will be very glad to assist you in anything you may require.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2014

My 14-year old daughter and I went to Paris with American Vacations. We received a fantastic deal and it cost very little to upgrade to the executive level. We practically lived there. There is a lovely terrace where you can eat and enjoy a glass of wine (me) after a day of touring - all complimentary. We ate breakfast there every day and managed to put together dinner there most nights. Huge selection of meats, cheeses and fantastic bread plus a lot of other upscale nibbles. It saved us a fortune to have wonderful lunches out and otherwise eat at the hotel. We were usually tired by the end of the day and not in the mood to go out anyway. One night we came back and had drinks and I taught my daughter to play poker while on the terrace overlooking Paris in the rain. A fantastic memory. I highly recommend the Viator Paris in One Day Sightseeing tour. It was $180 per person and included the Louvre, Notre Dame, boat trips and lunch at the Eiffel Tower (a wonderful lunch). You move quickly through the Louvre but see all of the highlights with no line and without getting lost. We loved the Hotel du Collectionneur - great service, good room and beautiful lobby (check out the bathroom in the lower level - it's gorgeous)! The hotel is located off the beaten track in a quiet area but we took the metro everywhere anyway.

Our favorite culinary moment - L'Affineur' Affine. It's a small cheese shop with just a few tables. We spent 3 hours there enjoying a fabulous cassoulet, a cheese flight and Orangina and red wine. We felt Parisian and tried cheese we would probably never otherwise - each one became our new favorite.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank schellgirl

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to write a review of our hotel.

I am really glad to know that you had a very pleasant stay and leave our property with some sweet memories of time spent with your daughter. We are also very pleased to read of your satisfaction with our Executive Lounge and the services provided to you during your stay and for your appreciation of the way we function. Checking out our Normandie bathrooms is a must, I agree and am happy you had an opportunity to go down there and thank you for mentioning it.

Looking forward to seeing you again with us and to be able to create more such memorable moments in future, I remain at your entire availability for any of your future programs to our city.

Best wishes,

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Just come back from a three night stay. The check in was quick and efficient. The room on the 4th floor was nice with all the amenities if a little on the small size for a 5 star. Good quality buffet breakfast. The purple bar was very good with bar staff particularly Micheal going the extra mile. Location was 10 minute stroll to the Arc de Triomphe. Would stay again if in Paris.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am very happy to learn of your lovely week-end in Paris and our staff is glad to be a part of the services provided to you which contributed to your entire enjoyment.
I thank you on behalf of every individual whose efforts you have appreciated and we will promise you to talk about your experience to all concerened departments and to Micheal especially.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon in future,

with best wishes,

Reviewed March 8, 2014

David at checking was very professional and well mannered he checked us in wished my wife happy b day and gave us a very good room which we loved. I have stayed in every 5 star hotel in the world marriot, four seasons, dorchester, ritz all of them but this one is better than all of them everything was perfect and amazing this is the BEST HOTEL IN PARIS TO STAY BY FAR I AM ALREADY BOOKING FOR NEXT MONTH. There was only one small problem the jacuzzi wasn't working properly when we were there apart from that everything from breakfast to room and to staff was 100% on point.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mohammad S

Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking out your very precious time in leaving such a pleasing comment with regards to your recent stay with us.

Remembering the names, appreciating services and talking of your positive experience has just warmed our hearts and please rest assured that I will personally share your feedback with every colleague of mine and they will be very glad to learn of your global satisfaction with the services provided to you.

I would like to take this opportunity to request you to contact me in person for your any future trip to Paris inorder for me to personally look into the details of your stay to return it as a very memorable one.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel from 2/27 to 3/2 and wanted to share some of my experiences. First, I must say that the hotel was in impeccable shape. The hotel always appeared clean as did my room. Additionally the doormen were incredibly nice and I even socialized with them in French. However there were a few concerns I had upon checking in. First when I checked in I spoke in English and was then asked if I spoke french. At first I was taken back and thought that it might be joking. However, I was then told that it was polite to speak in French and that I should since my name was Louis (as the woman doing checking suggested). I feel the woman at the front desk was extremely rude. My nationality is French as my father and grandfather are both from France. However, I speak English when trying to figure things out such as business arrangements. Sadly, I had a similar experience on check out when trying to figure out some incorrect charges on my bill. The bill said I drank a rather large amount of water, of which I had three total and also had a Toblerone bar. I did not eat that because I am allergic to chocolate and usually try to avoid sweets. I figured instead of trying to argue with the staff that I should leave to catch my flight. Lastly, the service behind the bar was nothing short of incredibly poor when I went there the night of 2/28. Of the two hours I was there I waited about half of that time for a beer. I am a journalist with Fox Soccer Channel and was in town covering the PSG soccer match and the days leading up to it. I have traveled to Paris several times for business, however, I have never found some of the staff to be so rude, unpleasant and disagreeable. Sadly I must say that while the hotel was clean I will be avoiding this establishment from now on. I feel that for the price I payed I would rather go somewhere where my business is appreciated. I will also be letting my friends and co-workers know as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Louis P

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and I am extremely concerned to read the details of your stay with us.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the obvious upset and disappointment caused and rest assured that your feedback has been taken most seriously.

I have shared it personally to every concerned department who are looking into details immediately to assure that such situations do re-occur in future. We are also very sensitive to your comments especially concerning our staff attitude during your stay with us and yes, I agree that we failed in meeting your expectations, unfortunately.

We would certainly welcome the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel and I would ask that when you are planning your next trip to Paris, that you contact me directly to kindly give us a second chance and I would be delighted to personally oversee the details of your stay and ensure you receive the level of service for which our property is know for apart from just being clean and tidy.

With my very warm regards,

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Apart from a delightful Concierge "Sarah" this hotel was a huge dissapointment. Over priced and did not deliver on service, style or ambience. The Purple Bar took 20 mins to deliver drinks. Best to avoid.

Room Tip: Dont use this hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Shaun C

Dear Guest,
I thank you very much for responding to our Guest satisfaction survey in detail besides your comment on this web-page allowing us to look into the details and understand the core reasons for your disappointment.

We thank you once again for your contribution of time in sharing information which will surely help us improve our service where required.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed here for a few days in October, 2013. We loved the Art Deco style, and the beautiful maintenance of the hotel. Our room was very comfortable, and we also really liked the location of the hotel. We would love to stay there again on our next trip to Paris.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

our entire staff is very much glad in learning of your satisfaction towards our Deco style and its maintenance. We also appreciate that you really liked the location of our hotel and please do not hesitate to contact our Guest relations service for any of your future plans to our city as said in your very sweet comments on this page.

With best wishes,