“Customer Service non existent and over priced”

Ranked #439 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I come to this hotel every year for work and I must say this year it was terrible. Starting with a late check-in...a colleague of mine who just flew in from Dubai had to wait till 17:30 to get her room ! Not even a free drink at the bar was proposed to show at least a bit that they care. This happened to more people. Another colleague of mine did not have hot water for a day since her arrival and received the wrong bags in her room.
An espresso costs 9 euros which you may say...thats Paris for you...but frankly you need courage to charge an espresso 9 euros.
The staff are rude and obnoxious. It took ages just to check in and you wonder what the 20 people behind the counter are actually doing....I have advised my company not to use this hotel any longer.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank AlexTedje2017
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for having taken the time to post such a constructive review on this website.

I would also like to reassure you that your feedback has been taken very seriously by our Management and are looking into details inorder to take quick and constructive measures to avoid recurrence of such situations.

We are also very sensitive to your comments concerning our staff attitude during your stay with us for which the department managers are taking required actions to improve the situation.

I am truly sorry for not having been aware of your disappointment during your stay as this would have allowed us to find an appropriate resolution with immediate effect and ensure your entire satisfaction.

I truly wish that your experiences will not deter you from returning to our hotel and so I truly look forward to have a second chance to welcome you back as this will be an opportunity for us to prove that your experience is rather an exception that a rule and to show the high quality of service we aim to offer to all our guests.

I remain personally at your entire availability and will be happy to assist with your next booking at the Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris.

With our very warm regards,

Reviewed October 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 2 mights at the end of a River Cruise. After checkin we smelled cigar smoke in our room and there was an ashtray (clean) and matches in the room. Must be a smoking room? No, upon return to the front desk I was told by the attendant that it was a non-smoking room and that we could not move. After 2 days all our clothes, luggage etc. smelled of cigar smoke.
Wanted an ice bucket/cork screw to chill and open some wine. Called room service twice and finally got ice bucket, called 2 more times re the corkscrew and after 1.5 hours ended up with 2 corkscrews.
Hallways are very hot and rooms are very slow to cool down. Took 12 hours to get the temp down from 24 to 20 C.
We were not able to connect to the "free" internet with our Ipads.
Location is OK with half hour walk to Arc de Triomphe.
The hotel, on my opinion, doesn't deliver the value you would expect based on it's rating and price.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 382dalem

Dear guest,

Thank you for you recent stay at the Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris.

I have well noted your constructive comments regarding several inconveniences you had to experience and I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the fact that you did not enjoy your stay due to these facts.
In need of your stay details in order to find the root cause of all the above and to assure that such situations do not recur to any of our guests in future, I would like to take this opportunity to request you to please contact me on our e-mail id guestrelations@thegatecollection.com if you may wish to.
Your feedback will be very much appreciated and will surely help us for our betterment.

Also please do not hesitate to contact me at the occasion of your next stay and I will be happy to personally assist with your booking and hope this will be an opportunity for us to prove that this experience was rather an exception that a rule.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed September 29, 2013

The Arc de Triomphe sits at the western end of Champs-Elysees. It's the biggest triumphal arch in the world, about 164 meters high. The traffic around the arch is crazy but worth being there and view of champs-elysees at night from one end is beautiful. night view of Eiffel tower background is stunning.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shuaib D

Dear Guest,

I am very glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay and the sight seeing in our beautiful city of lights, Paris.

I also wish you had a pleasant stay with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed here two nights as part of an Avalon Waterways tour and very much enjoyed our visit. The rooms are lovely, the bed very comfortable, our included buffet breakfast was fabulous and the staff were very pleasant and attentive. The only thing I would say is it is very expensive to stay here and we wouldn't have stayed in this class of hotel if it wasn't included in our tour. It was also very expensive to eat in the hotel's restaurant, but if you can afford it, this is a very nice hotel. Oh, and don't move anything in the bar fridge unless you intend using it, as it is computerized and you will be charged for it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SuenDarren
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your nice comments following your recent stay in Paris at the Hotel du Collectionneur.

I am truly happy that you enjoyed our spacious room,comfortable bed and our faboulous breakfast buffet. Most of all we are delighted to read your appreciation of the professional behavior of our team.

I do regret that you did not had the opportunity to enjoy a dinner at the restaurant Le Safran. By means of explanation only , our prices are in line with the gourmet experience offered by our chef and his team.

I look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in our property and please do not hesitate to contact the Guest Relations team directly for any assistance.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed for two nights before joining an Avalon cruise. From check-in to check-out we received excellent service from all the staff, the room was well-equipped with everything we needed and everywhere was clean and smart.

As well as breakfast we had one evening meal in the restaurant and also sampled the cocktail menu in the bar. Everything was vey good.

It's an easy walk to the Metro station so was a good base for getting around. There are shops, restaurants and a fabulous park also in walking distance.

All in all .......perfect (well we won't talk about the prices, after all it is central Paris).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank DavidBedfordshire_UK

Dear David,

Thank you very much for your precious time and for sharing your nice comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with at the Hotel du Collectionneur.

I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and I am so pleased to learn that you found your room well equipped and our location was at your convenience. Rest asurred that your satisfaction will be shared with the entire staff.

We truly look forward to welcome you back in a not distant future and please do not hesitate to contact the Guest Relations Team for any assistance your may require.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Good hotel. Nice easy check in and check out and very polite front desk who must answer the same questions thousands of times . Purple bar very stylish for an after work drink or a night out. When I arrived the restaurant was packed with fashionable locals so that must be a good sign. Recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank John F

Dear Guest,

I thank you for having posted such a positive feedback on this website.

Your feedback is a great source of motivation for all our staff so rest assured we will share your comments with all our colleagues and especially to those at our Front office.

I am very glad to learn of your global satisfaction and will truly look forward to welcome you in not so distant future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and I, along with our 14 year old son had a lovely four nights in Paris based at this hotel. The staff throughout the hotel were ever helpful and attentive to our needs. The hotel and room kept spotless. We only ate breakfast in the hotel, but what was on offer was high quality and extensive to say the least. The in house Purple Bar is on the expensive side, but I have never known a hotel bar not to be.

Upon booking in there was a delay of an hour from the advertised time which we calmly spent in the foyer with our iPad's, etc, unlike another guest for whom it was the end of the world. There was some construction work at the rear of the hotel, so they wanted to keep the guests as far from it as possible. I assumed that the pressure on room availability was down to this. The next evening we received a small bottle of champagne on ice and some treats with a note apologising for that delay. This shows the levels they are prepared to go to ensure their guests stay is a pleasant one.

I would not hesitate to stay here again.

The only "small" fly in the ointment for me was the inability for the television to maintain a HDMI connection from my Mac Mini. Taken to save and review the days photo's. Something about the bespoke system they employ to deliver services to the room kept dropping out my connection and dropping back to their system. Suggest you take a PC cable to back up any HDMI you may take to rely on.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kevin B
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your precious time and having shared such great comments following to recent stay at the Hotel du Collectionneur.

I am so happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay. I will personally share your comments and feedback to entire staff and our management in order to maintain our level of services we are known for.

I truly look forward to welcome you and your family back at our property and please do not hesitate to contact the Guest Relations team for any assistant you might be needed.

Kindest regards,