“Very enjoyable”

Ranked #377 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Bedfordshire, UK
“Very enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed for two nights before joining an Avalon cruise. From check-in to check-out we received excellent service from all the staff, the room was well-equipped with everything we needed and everywhere was clean and smart.

As well as breakfast we had one evening meal in the restaurant and also sampled the cocktail menu in the bar. Everything was vey good.

It's an easy walk to the Metro station so was a good base for getting around. There are shops, restaurants and a fabulous park also in walking distance.

All in all .......perfect (well we won't talk about the prices, after all it is central Paris).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank DavidBedfordshire_UK
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear David,

Thank you very much for your precious time and for sharing your nice comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with at the Hotel du Collectionneur.

I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and I am so pleased to learn that you found your room well equipped and our location was at your convenience. Rest asurred that your satisfaction will be shared with the entire staff.

We truly look forward to welcome you back in a not distant future and please do not hesitate to contact the Guest Relations Team for any assistance your may require.

Best regards,

Arc de Triomphe Paris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Good hotel. Nice easy check in and check out and very polite front desk who must answer the same questions thousands of times . Purple bar very stylish for an after work drink or a night out. When I arrived the restaurant was packed with fashionable locals so that must be a good sign. Recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank John F
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for having posted such a positive feedback on this website.

Your feedback is a great source of motivation for all our staff so rest assured we will share your comments with all our colleagues and especially to those at our Front office.

I am very glad to learn of your global satisfaction and will truly look forward to welcome you in not so distant future.

Best wishes,

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and I, along with our 14 year old son had a lovely four nights in Paris based at this hotel. The staff throughout the hotel were ever helpful and attentive to our needs. The hotel and room kept spotless. We only ate breakfast in the hotel, but what was on offer was high quality and extensive to say the least. The in house Purple Bar is on the expensive side, but I have never known a hotel bar not to be.

Upon booking in there was a delay of an hour from the advertised time which we calmly spent in the foyer with our iPad's, etc, unlike another guest for whom it was the end of the world. There was some construction work at the rear of the hotel, so they wanted to keep the guests as far from it as possible. I assumed that the pressure on room availability was down to this. The next evening we received a small bottle of champagne on ice and some treats with a note apologising for that delay. This shows the levels they are prepared to go to ensure their guests stay is a pleasant one.

I would not hesitate to stay here again.

The only "small" fly in the ointment for me was the inability for the television to maintain a HDMI connection from my Mac Mini. Taken to save and review the days photo's. Something about the bespoke system they employ to deliver services to the room kept dropping out my connection and dropping back to their system. Suggest you take a PC cable to back up any HDMI you may take to rely on.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kevin B
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your precious time and having shared such great comments following to recent stay at the Hotel du Collectionneur.

I am so happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay. I will personally share your comments and feedback to entire staff and our management in order to maintain our level of services we are known for.

I truly look forward to welcome you and your family back at our property and please do not hesitate to contact the Guest Relations team for any assistant you might be needed.

Kindest regards,

Arc de Triomphe Paris
Lincoln
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

A great all-round hotel to stay in, staff were very attentive couldn't do enough for you! We can thoroughly recommend upgrading to the executive package this is well worth the money. We stayed 2 nights for my wife's birthday our first trip to Paris and the hotel and staff made it even more memorable we will certainly be staying here again.

Room Tip: The executive floor is really good value.(6th floor)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karonb326
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

I can not thank you enough for your kind comments with regards to your recent stay with us.

I will personally share your feedback with our team who will be glad to know that their efforts did contribute to your enjoyable stay.

I truly hope we could have the opportunity to welcome you back in a not very distant future for many more such special occasions.

Kind regards,

Noordwijk, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

This hotel used to be chain operated and changed it's management. The new GM became member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts and with his team he brings new elan to this hotel. Centrally located and impressive meeting space and private parking for a hotel in the centre of Paris. Also try the courtyard terrace

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hotelieratwork
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for having taken out some of your very precious time to keep us informed of your impression regarding your recent stay with us.

Your feedback is a great source of motivation for all our staff and our Management, so rest assured that we will share your comments with our respective teams and Head of Departments in order to keep on performing this way and make our guests, satisfied and happy guests like you.

Thanking you once again on behalf of our General Manager and truly hoping to welcome you back in not so distant future, I request you to please do not hesitate to contact our Guest Relations department prior to your arrival to our beautiful city of Paris and our Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris.

With our very warm regards,

Guest Relations Assistant Manager
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed this hotel for 3 nights as part of 21 Day Romantic Seine & Rhone Paris to Barcelona APT tour in June 2013. The room is spacious and well equipped. The front desk staffs are very helpful and housekeeping staff are very attentive. I really enjoyed their breakfast buffet every morning as they have wide choice of delicious cold and hot food available. They also offer free Wi-Fi access to their hotel guests.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for having posted such a positive feedback on this website.

Your feedback is a great source of motivation for all our staff so rest assured we will share your comments with our respective teams and Head of Departments in order to keep on performing this way and make our guests, satisfied and happy guests like you.

Looking forward to welcoming you back with us to our Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris in not so distant future.

Best wishes,

Guest Relations Assistant Manager
Tehran, Iran
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

When I decided to travel to paris the travel agency purposed three hotel : Novotel in les Halles ,Scrib and Du Collectionneur. Because of the date of flight somehow I prefer to choose Du Collectionneur ,although it was not our first Choice
Since arrival till the last day which are 8 days everything seem good ,the house keeping,clerk behavior ,the hotel location and etc.
But in the check out something odd happend to us that caused to Change our mind about hospitality .At first day of arrival we drank 2 bottles of water that where in the minibar after that we put the bottles of water wich are free or we bought them from the store in the minibar in the same place to keep them cool.

In the check out they counted all 6 bottles that we put them in the minibar and they did not accept my explanation and force me to pay about 50 € for bottles which are free or we bought ourselves .so I had to double pay for bottles ,first in store then in hotel .

My regret is the 5* hotel did not accept its guest explanation and prefer to believe that the guest is lying than accept that may be they made mistake .
They told me that it is electronical and can not do anything for me.
Now I 'm regret that why I didn't choose the other hotels maybe this bad and sad memory of Paris and Parisian didn't happen.

• Stayed August 2013
7 Thank Mastaneh J
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Mrs.Mastaneh,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Hotel du Collectionneur and for your constructive feedback about your recent stay with us.

The incident relate has been taken most seriously and was reported to our general manager. We would like to assure you that a proper action plan has been established with our Front Office team in order to ensure this kind of situation does not reoccur in the future.

I am grateful for your feedback and bringing this issue to our attention as you give us a chance to correct the encountered issue.

I sincerely trust that we will find a way for making amends for this less than satisfactory first stay and I do hope that you should have the occasion to return to Paris, you would consider to stay with us again. Please trust that we will seize the opportunity of providing you the quality of service that we are known for.

Arc de Triomphe