“Good deal in paris”

Ranked #428 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Solid hotel. Good staff and personnel. Very good deal if you book through their web site. ( You would also get free buffet breakfast, very complete). They had what they called a double queen room ( it is actually a 2 double beds). One of the few places that would allow / able to have 2 kids in the same room. The breakfast is very good. Housekeeping and front desk staff were also very good. Staff is generally helpful, except for the concierge. (I asked them to book a reservation for me for dinner at a restaurant for my birthday, which they stated they did so. But after we got there, the place was closed for holidays). Location is 10 minute walk from the ARC and Champ. However there is nothing around the immediate area. The hotel also did not have a Parisian feel, as it heavily caters to people of Arabic nation (when you entered the lobby, you did not feel you were in France). From my balcony, I even observed some guests smoking water pipes ( shisha/ hookah) in their hotel room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Milo911MD
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your kind words following your recent family stay at The Hôtel du Collectionneur.

I am glad that you enjoyed our spacious rooms, generous breakfast buffet and above all the helpful and professional service provided by our housekeeping and front office teams. Please be assured that we have shared your nice compliments with the staff.

Our chief concierge would like to express its most sincere apologies for the internal miss-communication issue with your restaurant booking. This defect is definitely not up to his team standards. They do receive many positive comments and it is very disappointing for them to read that they let themselves down on this very special occasion.

We really look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at L'Hôtel du Collectionneur. If we may be of service or if there is anything you would like to elaborate on, please feel free to contact me at guestrelations@thegatecollection.com.

Sincerely yours,

Arc de Triomphe Paris

Write a ReviewReviews (2,819)

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Well located and easy to find. Underground car park. A very smooth classy hotel in the city of Paris and within walking distance to major land marks. Helpful and friendly front desk. Clean spacious rooms. A brilliant bar and breakfast restaurant. I was happy and my family even more so. So much for the money..... Would love to stay again and again.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Hotel du Collectionneur on Tripadvisor.

I am most grateful for your positive feedback on our clean and spacious rooms, convenient location and for highlighting the professional attitude of our front desk team. The large choice offered by our breakfast buffet and the art-deco atmosphere of the Purple bar are indeed very much appreciated by our guests.

We are sincerely proud that we met your familly expectation : thank you for allowing us to play our little part in the success of your visit to city of lights.

I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again to the Hôtel du Collectionneur for another "Lovely classic and plush" stay in a near future.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were looking for a Hotel that was right in the heart of the tourist district. This was it. About a 10 minute walk to the Arc de Triomphe and then onto that famous road that has it all.

Its situated on a nice and quiet road and looks very quaint. The Staff were very friendly and the Bar was great - lots of nice food. Rooms were good and it was just what we needed.

Definitely a place to stay when next in Paris

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Andy,

I would like to thank you for posting your great comments of your recent trip on this website.

It is really a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your your stay with us and also you appreciated the friendliness of the staff. Rest assured that your comments will be shared to the team and our management.

I truly look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you again at the Hotel du Collectionneur and please do not hesitate to contact the Guest Relations Team shall you need any assistance for your next booking.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for four nights. It was selected by the River Cruise company so we didn't know what to expect. We arrived at 9:30 in the morning! The staff was very friendly and polite and explained it would be a few hours before our room would be ready which we understood. I asked for a room, if possible, with a view. She said she'd do her best and she did. We could see the top half of the Eiffel Tower which was still a thrill for us. The room was extremely comfortable. The breakfast which was included with our room rate was plentiful and healthy. There were several interesting restaurants and sites within walking distance of our hotel. How the staff can "keep their cool" with all these tourists coming and going and jamming the lobby is beyond me. They just smile and try to help when needed. They obviously hire the best staff. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marcia W
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Marcia,

Thank you so much for sharing you great experience of your recent stay at the Hotel du Collectionneur.

We are so grateful to read that you and your husband enjoyed your stay and appreciated the comfort of our room and also our plentiful and healthy breakfast served at the Restaurant Le Safran . I
t is so rewarding to learn the positive feedback regarding the friendliness of the staff as we strive to live up our level of service.

We truly look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your husband again at the Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris. Please do not hesitate to contact the Guest Relations team shall you need any assistance for your future reservation.

With our warmest regards,

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had a really lovely stay at the hotel for my wife's 40th birthday. The staff could not have been more helpful, particularly with our two children aged 10 and 12 who loved the hotel and their first visit to Paris. The hotel is really well positioned with just a short walk to the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Elysees. I'm sure we'll be back again sometime.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Matthew190
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Matthew190,

Dear Guests,

I cannot thank you enough for your kind comments with regards to your recent stay with at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris.

I will personally share your feedback to our team who will be glad to know that their efforts contributed to your enjoyable stay.

I truly hope we could have the opportunity to welcome you back in a not very distant future. Please don't hesitate to contact us should you require any assistance

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had 2 nights at the hotel with our kids aged 9 & 11 yrs and had a fantastic time. Sadly we did not experience all of what the hotel had to offer as we were busy sight-seeing. Watch out for the taxi guys parked outside the hotel, they tend to charge by the distance or the number of people travelling, whichever is higher! It took us about 15minuts walk to get to the Arc de Triomphe on the first day and found shorter routes as we learnt about more roads.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Eiffel tower are a little noisy due to the neighbouring construction work whic...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Vivendra,

Thank you for having taken the time to write a review of The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris.

I am really glad to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and we thank you for having chosen our hotel for your last stay in Paris.

I look forward to welcoming you back with us and hope you will have time to enjoy our hotel services.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My partner surprised me with a long weekend stay at this hotel, the room was a lovely size and well presented. Unfortunately we constantly had knocks on the door from house keeping staff, one time my partner opened the door and a guy was holding two pillow mints which C took from his hand!
On check-in we had a trainee who did not tell us that breakfast was only served in the restaurant and if you wanted it to your bedroom you would be charged room service rates (my partner paid for breakfast to be included). When it came to check-out which I had to call down to reception to find out we were handed a hefty bill for breakfast, I explained quite a few times to the manager on the front desk that this was included in our stay and we had not been told to have breakfast in the restaurant.
The lady was quite rude and said she could make us pay it, after numerous attempts and an argument the guest services manager spoke with us and resolved the situation immediately, she apologised for us not being given the relevant information and the bill was written off.
The hotel is very close to the arc de triomphe and champs-elysees, we had a pass for the hop on/hop off bus which was useful his was included in the Paris Pass which helped as well.

I would probably stay at another hotel next time to be closer to the museums we didn't get to visit this trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Helen B

Dear Helen B,

I kindly thank you for having posted your feedback on TripAdvisor after your recent stay at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris.

Your comments about the comfort of our rooms and our location are highly appreciated.

However I apologize for the situation experienced with your breakfast charge and I am glad to read that it had been immediatly resolved.

I really hope to have the opportunity to see you back at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris and please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance you may need.