“5 star hotel with 5 star prices”

Hotel du Collectionneur
Ranked #414 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“5 star hotel with 5 star prices”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The hotel staff were extremely friendly, helpful and spoke English very well.The room was worth the money, but my family is on a 4 star budget. The location near the Arc de Triomphe was nice approx a 15 minute walk. The Purple bar off the lobby and the restaurant were prohibitively expensive for us. Drinks were 22 euro and up. We walked to the Champs Elysees for most of our meals. Actually the McDonalds 5 euro breakfast was quick easy and delicious. The hotel has some wonderful works of art in the foyer near the spa, and a beautiful central garden off the lobby. I take one star off for service as I had to ask twice for a forth towel and then went down to the lobby to actually get it. Being that we are a family of 4, I don't think I should have had to ask for 4 towels nor retrieve it myself.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your review on the web-site TripAdvisor.

Please rest assured that your lovely comments concerning our colleagues has been forwarded to the concerning departments, it being the one best way of motivation to everyone.

Also please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you in waiting and then retreiving the 4th towel by yourself and the situation has been spoken about immediately to the Housekeeping Manager in order to rectify it and to assure that such details will not be overlooked in future and to avoid such situations from recurring to any other guest.

Please do not hesitate to contact our Guest Relations Team for any of your future stays or for your friends' and familys' in order for us to take care of the details and make sure you all have an excellent stay with us.

With best wishes,

Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brentwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2013

During our European city hopping my friends and I deciding to stay at a 5* hotel in Paris which was the final part of our trip.
But I must say that after staying at some amazing boutique hotels and B&Bs I wasn't really impressed by The Hotel Du Collectionneur. I guess by being 5 star near Champs Elysee we expected more from it.
The reception is truly eye catching, very glamourous and luxurious, but once you go up to the room the glamour stops there. Tiny room for 4 people, and really basic.
We never got to see the view to the Eiffel Tower as it shows in the pictures, even though we were staying a the 7th floor. There is an executive lounge on the 6th floor but we never got access to it. So, not being able to have a view of the Tower from the hotel was a bit of a let down.
The door staff were really friendly, so wa the reception staff, that was a highlight for us, really good service.
There was a Spa in the hotel, but had to be paid 25 euros to use - Too much for a jacuzzi!
The hotel itself is very close to the Arch of Triomphe, walking distance, which was very nice.
Overall our stay in Paris was ok, but I guess we built up to much of an expectation to it after coming from Rome, MIlan, Venice and Barcelona, where our accomodation were to really high standards.
I would love to come to Paris again, but this time I will choose a smaller hotel, where I can make the most of its facilities and get the value for my money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sirlene T
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your kind comments with regards to your recent stay with us when coming to the our door and reception staff.

I will personally share your feedback with all of them who will be glad to know that their efforts contributed to your enjoyable stay.

Learning your disappointement concerning the view of Eiffel Tower, I sincerely apologies for any misunderstanding and as explanation only, where our Hotel is situated in the city, not all our rooms or suites provide such view except for few categorised ones and this information is well mentioned on all our web-sites when coming to room or suite discriptions.

Also please be informed that the €25 charge is actually a special price for access to Zacuzzi and the wet area for guests residing in our Hotel alone and is less expensive compared to what exterior guests pay for to Spa and by means of explanation only, the Spa does not belong to the hotel and therefore does not give free access to all our guests except when reserved few categorised rooms or suites which include it automatically.

Thanking you once again for liking our service and looking forward to welcome you in future, I would like to propose you to please do not hesitate to contact us for any of your future bookings you may wish to do in order for me and my team to assure that you make the most of its facilities and surely get the value for your money as you are wishing to.

With very warm regards,

ontario
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The location of this hotel is wonderful and the rooms are large, clean and the beds comfortable. However, a couple of warnings. I had reserved another hotel, but cancelled my reservation as this hotel advertises queen beds. We were travelling with 7 people (5 adults and 2 children) and queen beds sounded great. The beds were NOT queen size, at least by Canadian standards - so just a warning as to expectation.

Also, we booked the pre-paid non refundable deal through the website as it included free breakfast. When we arrived at the hotel the desk clerk showed us the restaurant in the hotel where breakfast would be served. We breakfast buffet was wonderful. However, when we checked out, we were told we owed the hotel 330 euro for breakfast!! At this point we were advised that the inclusion meant continental breakfast and not "American" breakfast. This was the first we had heard of this and I still wonder how we would have distinguished this at the restaurant. I assume in hindsight our waitress was quietly keeping track of what we were eating, without any word to us. I asked to speak to the manager and eventually the charges were waived except for one 35 euro breakfast (not sure why but it was better than 330 euro!!). At 35 euro the breakfast was far overpriced and I felt taken advantage of.

Room Tip: Ask for a garden view room as these are quiet whereas you can hear traffic in the other rooms.
Dear guest,

Thank you for you recent stay at the Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris.

I learnt about your satisfaction about our wonderful hotel and that you found our rooms large and beds comfortable. However, I understand that our bed sizes did not meet your expectations but by means of explanation only, our Queen beds are in fact renowened for their larger sizes compared to many, for Parisian standards.

Concerning the breakfast charges, I am absolutely disappointed to learn about the situation though now I am happy about the reactivity in removing the supplementary charges by the manager, whom ever you spoke to upon check out.
Required actions have been taken immediately to re-call on our checking in procedures where every information should be explained in detail to guests, especially when coming to such breakfast details in order to avoid from such situations to reccur in future

On the other hand I regret that you found our breakfast charges expensive, but once again by means of explanation only, all our prices are in line with other hotels similar to ours.

I truly look forward to welcome you in not so distant future, inspite of the above situations hoping that you will give us an opportunity for us to prove that this experience was only exception rather that a rule.

Sincerely yours,

Fremont, California
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Very nice.

Attentive bellmen, great concierges (including beautiful french women), very good breakfast.

Our room was on the 2nd floor facing the street. We thought this would be a problem, but was not at all. Street was relatively quiet, so we were able to keep the window open.

Free wifi. A must-have nowadays.

Close to metro, bus lines.

Location is also very good. I was able to easily jog down Rue do Courcelles to the Seine and run along the river. Exquisite.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review following your recent experience in our Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris.

Your feedback is the one best way of motivation and so please rest assured that our Concierge team has been informed of it and they are very thankful for the comments.

Looking forward to welcome you in not so distant future,

with best wishes,

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This hotel made our trip to Paris the most disappointing ever! When we got to the hotel we were told to sit and wait until the room is ready (they supposedly upgraded the room for us). We waited for 2 hours!!!! After about an hour the receptionist invited us to have a drink at the bar (at our own expense). The service was horrible and so were the drinks. After we finally got the room we found it dirty (don't know what they were doing there for 2 hours). But the worst thing was when at night we couldn't sleep because we could here the noises from the kitchen until 11 o'clock at night. And it started again at 6 in the morning! Don't go to this hotel if you don't want your vacation to be ruined!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank polabur
guestrelationshdc, Responsable relations clients at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Polabur,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and please accept our most sincere apologies for the obvious disappointment caused upon arrival.

Our Front Office Manager have immediately taken required actions to ensure a similar situation does not recur in the future.

We hope you can give us another chance to experience our hotel in the near future. I would be delighted to personally oversee the details of your stay and ensure you receive the level of service for which the Hotel du Collectionneur is renowned.

Cyndie Berenguier
Guest Relations.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My three girlfriends and I recently spent a weekend here and everything was exceptional. We were given extra special treatment thanks to some friends at Expedia, which made the experience even more memorable. The 8-10 min walk from the metro station is a breeze once you know which direction to head. Check-in was fast and easy even though we arrived a few hours sooner than the friend whose name the reservation was in. The room was clean and far more spacious than other hotels in Europe. The bathroom was also very spacious with a full sized tub and a real curtain, not the half glass business common to European hotels where water sprays everywhere and you're left with a lake on the floor. We were greeted with a bottle of bubbly and an assortment of fancy desserts. We had access to the VIP lounge with offers an assortment of beverages and alcohol and an array of appetizers. The lounge is beautifully decorated, has a lovely terrace and there are board games, perfect for unwinding after a long day of travel. The lounge was so inviting and comfortable (read: plenty of free food and drink), we ended up skipping dinner the next night and just hanging out. Oh and the staff in the VIP lounge are incredibly friendly and accommodating. The breakfast buffet in the lounge was also quite generous with various pasteries (croissants, pain au chocolat, regular toast, etc.), eggs, bacon, cheese, yogurt. Needless to say, we saved a lot of money on food. The hotel bar
downstairs was also quite nice and convenient for a night cap. Best of all is the bathroom next to the ballrooms -- very interesting design and decor and worth a visit but all the mirrors can lend to getting lost inside. All in all, a great weekend in a superb hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank jlovstorun
guestrelationshdc, Responsable relations clients at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Jlovstorun,

Thank you for the nice comments you have posted after your recent stay with us at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris.

I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay and enjoyed the comfort of our rooms and the VIP Lounge.

Such positive feedback is always very rewarding and rest assured I have shared your feedback with all our Team Members especially at The Executive Lounge and they are very happy. Your enthusiasm for our hotel is very much appreciated and will be a great source of motivation for the entire team.

I hope to welcome you back to The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe very soon and please don't hesitate to contact me should you require assistance with any future stays.

Yours sincerely,

Marta Camacho
Executive Lounge Manager
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed here with our kids (4 and 7 years old) on the Executive floor, which was a big bonus. They offered a good breakfast (decent choice of all kinds of breads, yoghurts, cereals and several warm dishes), and great afternoon and evening drinks. The lounge was a oasis after a busy day in the city.
Our well equiped room was, for Parisian standards, spacious and overlooked the garden. Although it was located next to the entrance of the Executive lounge, it was very quiet.
The location was great, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the hotel has its own parking. We would definately return!

1 Thank Wereldreiziger
Dear Wereldreiziger,

I truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in a not very distant future. I would be more than happy to personally take care of every single detail you may request.

Kind regards,