We were told this was a 5 star hotel, but really, it's more like a 3 star by U.S. standards. The best part was the service in regard to the concierge. We needed a doctor to visit and this was arranged immediately with a doctor coming directly to our room within 1 hour of our request. The charge was 180 Euros and the doctor was able to speak English well, which really was helpful. Room service was fast, but they self tip generously and sort of act like you should tip them more on top of that. I found that annoying.
The lows would be the food, the service in the restaurant was pitiful in the mornings, the noise at night was bad up until 4 AM some nights, the pickpockets just outside of the hotel, the lack of a mirror for doing hair with a plug available and the apparent theft of jewelry that was accidentally left out of of the safe. Not an expensive piece, but probably thought to be by housekeeping or whomever.
SERIOUSLY, beware of pickpockets EVERYWHERE IN PARIS! We encountered a pickpocket on our short walk to the arc de triomphe, which was very disconcerting. Within an hour of that, we witnessed an arrest just outside the Luis Vuitton store of a thief. Then after that, a 3rd situation where we felt followed by a guy who looked suspecious. I suddenly stopped to fix my shoe in order to let him pass. As soon as he passed us, he crossed the street and made a U-turn back.
The sights were lovely, but we are seriously done with Paris. Just read online that the staff at the Louvre staged a protest in April about the aggressive pickpocketing situation, which closed the museum for one day. Our tour guide warned us over and over again about pickpockets at the Eiffel tower, Versailles and every other place and I totally believe it now! BEWARE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated blocks away from the Avenue des Champs Elysées and the famous Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, the hotel is a celebration of the Art Deco style and the luxury of transatlantic liners. A restaurant serving refined contemporary cuisine, a chic and glamorous bar, three quiet landscaped terraces, a Decléor spa with bespoke treatments and a gym with personal trainers, all offer ample opportunities for relaxation in a unique 1930s ambience. Among the 478 elegant and peaceful rooms and suites are some, boasting over superb views of the Eiffel Tower and the rooftops of Paris. A free dedicated smartphone is available in each room, allowing to enjoy unlimited local and international calls, mobile internet, and an indispensable city guide of Paris. With 1,700 sqm (18,300 sqf ) of meeting rooms and a superb reception room the hotel can also host events for up to 650 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel du Collectionneur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Arc De Triomphe Hotel Paris
- Hilton Hotel Paris
- Hilton International Paris
- Hilton Paris
- Paris Hilton