“Nice convenient location”

Ranked #412 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Richmond
“Nice convenient location”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is a nice pricy hotel that is conveniently located to the metro (4-5 minute walk), Arc de Triomphe (10 - 15 minutes) and Champs-Élysée (10 - 15 minutes). The staff is friendly and very helpful. Our room which over looked the inner courtyard had a king size bed was well appointed but some what small (standard issue for Paris hotels). We also had the breakfast buffet as part of our package and it was very good.

One issue did stand out during our stay was the loss of the hotel's A/C. In some way, shape or form the hotel's A/C is connected to or run by the Paris municipal system which was broke on the second day of our stay. Due to holidays, time off and the French way of doing things we had no A/C for 4 nights. Needless to say, the hotel room got very warm and at times very unconformable for sleeping. You could open the window to get some cool air but if you left it open during the night, the noise from the courtyard would keep you awake. The hotel in no way tried to make up for the loss of A/C. A fan or free drink at the bar would have been nice.

Over all, we enjoyed our stay except for the loss of the A/C.

4 Thank phasmid
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are very thankful to your comments concerning our staff and I am satisfied to know that you enjoyed our location, the room and the breakfast.

I also confirm that for a maintenance reason by the Municipality of Paris, the supply of air conditioning in the hotel was exceptionally cut off during a certain period of time.

I request you to please accept our most sincere apologies for the obvious disappointment caused and most importantly for the lack of follow up in trying to make up for the loss, especially with guests as comprehensive as you are.

I truly hope I can have the pleasure to welcome you soon in the City of Lights, Paris, If that is the case, please, don't hesitate to contact me directly, I will of course be very glad to assist you in anything you may require to assure you will have a pleasant stay with us.

Our very best wishes,

Hôtel du Collectiionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We recently had a three night stay here. Very nice comfortable hotel. We found it to be conveniently located within about a 5 - 10 minute walk to to the Arc de Triomphe and Champs-Élysées. The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. Our room was clean had a lovely vista overlooking the inner garden courtyard. One little negative is that the mini bar is sensor activated, not realising this I actually bought a bottle of wine and a box of tic tacs without meaning to!! Buffet Breakfast was excellent. Top quality food with everything you could possibly want in a breakfast. Purple bar was great but a little expensive, service was good. Overall I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel. Good food, good staff, good location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Sharon B
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to post your review.

We are very thankful to your comments concerning the location, friendly staff, view and the food. Your enthusiasm for our hotel is very much appreciated and will be a great source of motivation for the entire team.

However I regret that you found our Purple Bar expensive, but by means of explanation only, the prices are in line with other hotels similar to ours.

Thanking you once again, we look forward to welcoming you back with us in not so distant future.

Best wishes,

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We really enjoyed staying at this hotel for our honeymoon. It was so conveniently located without being right in the middle of everything - it was very close to a metro stop which we could take pretty much anywhere we needed to go, and very near the Arc. It definitely was a great value for how nice it is compared to other hotel prices in the area. The concierge was also great and was able to get us amazing tickets to a ballet the night before.

3 Thank anniemiddlestadt
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having posted such a nice comment and I am very pleased to learn you had a memorable stay with us and please accept my sincere thank you for having chosen us for such a special occassion.

Looking forward eagerly to welcome your family and you back with us again,

Warm wishes,

Washington, DC
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I generally prefer to stay on the Left Bank but business required us to be on the Right Bank for this trip. This hotel is a very good one although I do regard the location as a drawback, not much right around it. The Art Deco lobby is fabulous and that theme is carried throughout the hotel very tastefully. We were in a Deluxe Garden View room which is listed as being between 27-30 meters big. Ours was definitely a 27 m room as it was very tight for two people. I also didn't like having the one sink in the bedroom without a door. Since my husband rose before me each morning, it was impossible to sleep through his morning ablutions despite the fact that he made a heroic effort to be as quiet as possible. However, the room and bath were impeccably clean. Also annoying: the mini bar cannot be used to store your own things.
We had access to the Executive Lounge which was godsend with the incredibly cold and rainy week we experienced in late May. The staff there are lovely and keep the rooms tidy with all sorts of good food and drink available. The buffet breakfast was also fantastic with every sort of delicious breakfast food as well as a helpful staff.
One surprising detail for a hotel of this quality: We arrived back near midnight one night and I found the revolving door and the door to its right locked. Since there was no doorman nor anyone at the front desk or anywhere else in that big lobby, I had a moment of panic before I found that the door to the left was open. If security is important to you, please note that it wasn't until I approached the front desk and called out for someone that a clerk appeared from the back. It's scary to think that anyone could have wandered in and gained access to the elevators so easily.

Room Tip: The Garden View rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank TravellinGal50
Dear guest,

We kindly thank you for taking the time to post a review on trip Advisor.

Since we constantly strive to meet the needs of our valued members, we have taken notes of your preference of being upgraded to our executive floor. Rest assured we will do our best to upgrade you for any future stays with us.

I am unaware at the movement if you have requested our staff to find you a room type more accommodating and also to see if the mini-bar could have been emptied leaving you enough space to put in your personal belongings. And if you have not, I invite you to please talk to our staff without any hesitation for your future stays.

I thank you for appreciating the efforts and service provided by our staff members on whole.

Kind regards,

Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I have just spent the weekend at this amazing hotel. On arrival we were met by smiley, polite conceirge that instantly helped us and out luggage to the reception where we were greeted and checked in seamlessly. On arrival to our room (executive King #773) we were very impressed with the cleanliness and fab private decking/terrace, perfect to relax with a glass of bubbles! The location is fab and the surrounding buildings are something else, beautiful and well looked after. I will keep this review brief as I could rave on about it for ages - in summary, the food was great, the cocktails in the Purple bar excellent, if not expensive (average hotel prices so expected), location spot on for what we wanted and above all, the staff were utterly brilliant - this ranging from cleaners - conceirge, pat on the back to you all and thank you for giving us a wonderful experience! We will be back soon, with a 2 year old in tow!

Room Tip: 773 has a private decking area - good views
7 Thank Charlotte B
Dear Guests,

I can not thank you enough for your kind comments with regards to your recent stay with us.

I will personally share your feedback with our Front Office team who will be glad to know that their efforts contributed to your enjoyable stay. Since we constantly strive to meet our guest's expectations, I am very pleased to learn about your entire satisfaction.

I truly hope we could have the opportunity to welcome you back with your 2 year old in a not very distant future. Please don't hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance.

best wishes,

Somerset, Australia
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Omg, my husband and I thought this hotel was fantastic! Rooms large & spacious, very clean. Staff exactly what one would expect at this 5* property - wonderful and VERY helpful.
Breakfast was superb, and offered huge array of foods and drinks. Very close to Arc de Triomphe.
Lovely park close by as well, nice little restaurants, and mini mart and local patisserie just minutes away.
Very small negative - mini bar sensor activated, so limited as to own space to use.....upside, Staff were very happy to provide wine cooler with ice to cool our own drinks down.
WOULD MOST DEFINATELY STAY HERE AGAIN!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank SisterRosie
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear guest,

We thank you for your kind comments posted on this webside.

I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay and found the staff 'make' the hotel and your stay memorable and enjoyable, it is a real pleasure to receive such a positive feedback.

Concerning the space in the mini-bar, I invite you hereafter to please address yourself at the front desk to request them to do the necessary. There is always a possibility to empty the mini-bar by removing products you would not wish to use during your stay so that there will be more space for your own use.

Thanking you once again, I look forward to welcoming you back to our Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de triomphe Paris in a not very distant future.

With kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

This is a really fabulous hotel, though we did have a few issues. The spa facilities left a lot to be desired, I wouldn't recommend it if that's what you're looking for. However, the location is very handy, and the staff were helpful. We had a couple of issues with our room, which were sorted out straight away. I would absolutely recommend a booking which includes access to the executive lounge, it's a wonderful addition. The terrace is superb, the food is great AND they let you mix your own cocktails!!

Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Jo F
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review following your recent stay with us.

I am very happy to learn that you appreciated the hotel deco and enjoyed the Executive Lounge and the choice to mix your own cocktails in our Purple Bar.

I would like to take this opportunity to also convey our very sincere apologies for any inconveniences you may have had to experience with issues in room but I am also satisfied that they were all sorted out in the best delay.

Truely hoping to to welcome you back to our Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris in the coming future,

Best wishes,