“nice hotel”

Hotel du Collectionneur
Ranked #429 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed there for 3 nights with my wife. excellent location, elegant hotel, and comfortable rooms. staff are very friendly, and facilities are very good. i truly recommend this hotel. If i have some thing negative to say, is the internet connection. the free wi fi is very slow, and high speed connection is too expensive.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank nouta1
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

I thank you for having posted such a positive feedback on this website as your this feedback is a great source of motivation for all our staff.

However I regret that you found our high speed internet expensive, but by means of explanation only, all our prices are in line with other hotels similar to ours.

We look forward to welcoming you back with us again sometime soon.

Best regards,

Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris

There are newer reviews for Hotel du Collectionneur

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed for one night only at the hotel with my mum and sister, wish I had stayed longer. It was very comfortable, breakfast was lovely and lots of choice. Walking distance to the champs Elysee, although we mainly took taxis everywhere as mum health not too great. Was ideal for our short break, staff really smiley and hospitable. Plan to come again soon!

Room Tip: We were on the third floor, was very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank enjoy-travels
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review on TripAdvisor.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and you were happy with the service and the location.

Looking forward to welcome you back at The Hotel Du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, please do not hesitate to contact us for any information you may need.

Regards,

Cyndie Berenguier

Reviewed February 1, 2013

From the moment we entered the hotel we were enchanted! The staff was most extremely pleasant, helpful and receptive! The added touch that makes me LOVE this hotel is that they treated us like royalty throughout our stay. NOTHING was below the highest of standards. The only thing we did not do at this hotel was try the restaurant. The Spa, the Purple bar, the concierge services, the housekeeping staff.... it seems EVERYONE wanted to ensure that our stay was pleasant and trouble free. Thank you, thank you, thank you all! I will most definitely return to this hotel again!
Cheers!
Mrs. Butts, guest from 30Dec - 4 Jan .

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CarlaB892
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Dear Carla,

I would like to sincerely thank you for posting your recent experience on TriAdvisor.

Your feedback is a beautiful reward for all of us.

It's a great pleasure to read that the service provided from our team members made your stay memorable and that we met your expectations.

I hope for your next time you will be delighted to enjoy a meal in our restaurant Le Safran.

Waiting to welcome you back again at The Hotel Du Collectionneur Arc De Triomphe Paris, please do not hesitate to contact us for any information you may need.

Regards

Cyndie Berenguier

Reviewed January 28, 2013

As someone who travels 35 weeks out of the year, I was unsure of what to expect when I took my wife of 25 years to Europe to spend the week of our 25th anniversary......London, Ireland and Paris. The absolute highlight for two second honeymooners from Ohio came in Paris.... compliments of the staff and amenities of this amazing property. The rooms are a bit smallish by U.S. standards, but that is true all over Europe... What we got at this property was enough to bring us back. Right away the bellman is falling over himself to assist you, the concierge, whom I had contacted prior to "arrange" the room for our 2 nights, was actually aware of who I was, and gave me a wink to let me know that the items were in my room, and ready to go! We were immediately upgraded, given my Diamond status, to a terrace suite with a tower view... The room was clean, modern, and nicely laid out. The additional services that were provided "compliments" of the staff were our transport to dinner, and the Eiffel Tower for dinner on our 25th... AMAZING that they asked us upon our return how it was, and put champagne in our room, compliments of the house, for the evening viewing of the Tower off of our terrace.

They assisted in the logistics,the local knowledge and the romantic atmosphere. I will definitely revisit this location, (even though it is no longer a Hilton property) and am confident they will not have a problem living up to the high standard they have already set.... a definite FIVE, and a breath of fresh air from some of the treatment we received in other places....

Room Tip: Given the fact that it is not a Hilton property anymore, my tip is not valid BUT if you are able to...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bobbye02
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Guests,

We thank you so much for sharing your beautiful review on Tripadvisors and for having chosen hotel du Collectionneur for your 25th anniversary in Paris.

Your great compliments for the staff and amenities will be shared to entire employees.

We truly hope to welcome you back at our property and please kindly contact the guest relations team for any assistance on your future stay with us.

Best regards,

Rangga Le Moing
Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I spent a long time choosing the hotel as it was my wife's 40th birthday. I chose this one for location and because of the good reviews. I booked an executive room. The room we were given was not signed as an Executive room (all the other ones were) so I had to check it was. The executive lounge is very nice and comfortable and serves very good food and drinks. Unfortunately the air conditioning in our room didn't work, so we asked the downstairs desk to fix it on the second morning, having unsuccessfully tried to sort it out ourselves on the first night. We got back to the room at 4pm and it was still the same temperateure and again asked for it to be fixed. To cut a long story short, we moved rooms but it took a couple of hours to sort this out. Two other minor issues: there is no literature in the room as to where anything is in the hotel, breakfast etc nor what time check out is - I had to ring to ask. Also, please change the music in the lifts!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark A

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen our property for your stay and shared your feedback on tripadvisor.

We are delighted that our location was at your convenience and our Lounge met your expectations.
We do apologise for the air-conditioning which did not run properly. For the literature in room and the music, we will share these comments with our management.

We hope to welcome you back in a not distant future and kindly please contact the guest relations team for any assistance.

My kindest regards,

Rangga Le Moing
Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed here on two seperate occasions during a business trip to Paris. So it is possible to evaluate two different visits. Yet, I was struck by the consistency of excellence. From the attention of the doorman to the engaging people at check in to the wonderful assistance of the concierge. This is a very, very good place to stay. It is truly a short walk to all the attractions of the Champs Elysees and to the Arc itself. The Purple Bar is a nice place to relax (as is the Executive Lounge if you can swing an upgrade). The quality of the rooms are great. Way better than the average hotel in Paris and it seemed like a great value for the location. Wifi service was the only hassle - it would be wonderful if the hotel would just provide it rather than forcing you to buy it at an outrageous price. I also counsel against the somewhat low-value breakfast. Walk outside and go to the cafe up the road for better coffee and a croissant!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SFKSAW
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

I cannot thank you enough for your kind comments with regards to your recent stay with us.

I will personally share your feedback with the department team members, whom you have mentioned being responsible to strike you by the consistency of excellence. They will indeed be very glad to know that their efforts have contributed to your enjoyable stay.

Since we constantly strive to meet our guest's expectations, not just few but in complete, I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that our Management has taken essential decisions to provide WIFI connection in the whole hotel and this will be coming live from the mid of February hopefully. Additional to this, I have already forwarded your comment about the outrageous prices to our IT manager, though by means of explanation only, all our prices are in line with other hotels similar to ours.

Also I have informed our Chef to look into your comment about “Low-value breakfast” understanding that you may not have enjoyed our coffee in the restaurant. I will look forward that you will soon start enjoying it too, unlike during your other stays, in future.

I truly hope we could have the opportunity to welcome you back in a not very distant future and willing to meet you in person to know our very loyal guests like you, please don't hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance for your future bookings.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights with my family. Very close to Arc de triumph and corcellas metro station.
Clean and spacious room and very helpful and English speaking staff. Taxi rank is just outside only 15€ from Gard de nord station. Breakfast at €35 per person is not worth it. Plenty of restaurants in short walking distance. Very safe at night also

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GZach

Dear guests,

We thank you for your kind comments posted on this website.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the location and enjoyed your stay in our hotel and found our English speaking staff very helpful. It is a real pleasure to receive such a positive feedback.

However, I have also informed our chef concerning your feeling about the breakfast, not worth the €35 though by means of explanation only, all our prices are in line with other hotels similar to ours. We also more than often have had only positive and very satisfying feedback concerning our huge breakfast buffet and I am sorry that you could not experience the same.

I would kindly like to propose you to please contact our Guest relations team, anytime you would plan another trip to our beautiful City and the hotel and I will be more than pleased to look into the details of your booking and will assure you and your family will have a very pleasant stay with us.

Best wishes,