“My last trip in Paris !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel du Collectionneur

Hotel du Collectionneur
Ranked #340 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“My last trip in Paris !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

A unforgettable stay in a luxury art deco style hotel a few meters away from the famous Arc de Triomphe !!!
A lovely service justifying the price of that nice etablishment !!!
A really good place to spend some time in the nicest city in the World !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GuestRelationsHilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Guests,

I cannot thank you enough for your kind comments with regards to your recent stay with us.

I will personally share your feedback to our team who will be glad to know that their efforts contributed to your enjoyable stay.

I truly hope we could have the opportunity to welcome you back in a not very distant future. Please don't hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance

The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

The beautiful lobby of the former Hilton is what one would expect of upscale Paris hotel life. Plush seats in the lobby, attentive doormen/porters, beautiful view of the courtyard, lovely chandeliers. While the decor (Art Deco/Oriental fusion?) is not necessarily my taste, many people liked it (Make sure to go down to the lower level and see the magnificent ladies room - huge marble sink in the road, mirrored walls - fantastic!). We were checked in rather quickly. Our room was supposed to have 2 beds but only had one, so a call to reception sorted that out in fairly efficient fashion. However, they had said they would send new keys right up, but never did, so I had go down to reception to get them so we could get on with our day. Others in our group had similar issues with the wrong bed configuration being assigned.

The rooms are generous-sized. My room was on the "back" part of the square, thus had a view of the Eiffel Tower which was quite nice. Unfortunately, there is also a huge construction works immediately behind this area and they start work no later than 7, so may want to avoid this side of the hotel for the next year or so. Mattresses, duvets, and pillow were excellent. Room took a little while to cool off.

Bathrooms were opulent with marble, fluffy robes and towels, Paul Thoms Roth shampoo, conditioner, soaps, and shower gel (holdover from the Hilton brand).Shower was nice.

The lights in the room take a little while to figure out. Trying to turn on just the bathroom light at night took some planning. The master control has to be on, but turning on the bathroom light also turned on the chair and bedside lamp - not what one wants when the other person in the room is sleeping. Ask the porter to explain it.

The big screen tv was nice.

I did not like that a hotel in this price range did not offer at least a basic level of free wi-fi. Adapters are available in the mini-bar for about 9Euro, so make sure you bring your own.

The concierge desk was quite helpful - there are maps available, and they will give you suggestions for restaurants, and directions (and more, I'm sure if you need it).

Similar to the layout of the Prague Hilton, this layout of this hotel can mean a very long walk to the elevators.

It's only about a 7 minute walk to the Arc d'Triomphe. Exiting through the main door, turn left a half block to Ave Hoche, left again and you'll be there in a few minutes. Another left puts you on the Champs Elysee. The Courcelles metro stop is nearby if you continue on rue de Courcelles rather than turning on A. Hoche.

We found a nice little cafe on A Hoche, a couple of blocks toward the Arc, Le Beaucours. Cafe Hoch and the Do Re Mi are also at that intersection. If you turn right on rue Lisbon before you get to A Hoche, you'll find a couple of little bistros - we just could never find them open. We were there on a Sat afternoon through Monday morning, so weekend hours seem to be a bit spotty. Weekdays, there is a patisserie across the street that looked very good.

The breakfast buffet was included with our package and was quite good with an excellent array of choices. Cereals, oatmeal, many toppings, eggs, sausage, bacon, a daily special such as pancakes or french toast, yogurt, cold meats and cheeses, many fruits, etc. The juice was very good and they bring you a full pot of coffee that they leave on the table, which I appreciated.

I wish they could expedite the long line, but they check the room number for each person (understandably). I specifically told them the room number of the people that would be joining me, but they led them to another table a few minutes later, which led to awkward switching around...very minor, however.

Beware of the minibar -we didn't use it but others in our group did and the prices they charge for soft drinks, water, etc, are highway robbery.

This hotel was booked as part of a river cruise package; I'm not sure I would book it on my own - just not sure it's worth the $$. But if that doesn't matter to you and you want a nice hotel in a nice neighborhood, this would surely work.

Room Tip: Major construction works along the back, so might want to check on that before booking a room. Howe...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Caroline722
Dear Guests,

Thank you for having taken the time to write a positive and detail review of our hotel.

I am really glad to know that you had a very pleasant and memorable stay with us and that you found our location very convenient.
Your comments about the comfort of our rooms, the beautiful art decoration of our property and the quality of food are highly appreciated
It is always a pleasure to hear that our valued guests like you find the service of our team members professional and really reactive as it is always a great source of motivation for them.

I truly hope I can have the pleasure to welcome you soon in the City of Lights, Paris, hoping also we will be one more time the hotel of your preference. If that is the case, please, don't hesitate to contact me directly, I will of course be very glad to assist you in anything you may require.

Best regards,

The Hotel du Collectionneur
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

It's a nice hotel (formerly the Hilton Arc de Triomphe) but given the rates I paid excluded internet access (another $20 for 24 hours) and breakfast (a further $20), I'll be choosing another hotel for my next visit.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guests,

Thank you for having taken the time to write a review of our hotel.

However I regret that you found our rates expensive, but by means of explanation only, they are in line with other hotel similar to ours.
We look forward to welcoming you back with us again sometime soon.

Camarillo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I spent two days in Paris and saw many sites. The hotel is in an excellent location. My family and I walked the streets of Paris from the hotel. We really got to know the city in a short amount of time. Concierge desk and guest services was very helpful. They provided us with a map and we were able to purchase tickets from them for the hop on hop off bus, the louvre museum, or say museum and we could have also purchased tickets to shows . I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Michelle A
GuestRelationsHilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Guests,

I can not thank you enough for your kind comments with regards to your recent stay with us.

I will personally share your feedback with our Concierge team who will be glad to know that their efforts contributed to your enjoyable stay.

Since we constantly strive to meet our guest's expectations, I am very pleased to learn about your entire satisfaction.

Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed in the (ex Hilton) hotel recently, my husband took some clients there for a hospitality weekend. The hotel used to be the Hilton and there are still Hilton signs everywhere except outside so it may be confusing to find on your own!

Hotel reception is nice and the hotel is very "art deco" throughout, it's very nice. Rooms are roomy and the beds are very comfortable, breakfast is excellent. The bar is nice with individual booth areas looking out onto the street to watch passers by, cocktails are nice and they serve great gratis bowls of nuts with your drinks!

The concierge is VERY VERY helpful and helped us book the Lido very last minute. Very impressed with the service.

The hotel is 5-10 minutes walk from the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Elysees, so a great location too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank pauladoody
GuestRelationsHilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
We would like to thank you for the time you took to write your feedback after your stay at the Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe and for having chosen the hotel for your hospitality weekend.

As you wrote, we were Hilton and it takes some times to replace everything designed by Hilton but we are working on it.

I’m happy to read that you enjoyed the atmosphere of the hotel, the comfort of your room and the selection of the buffet breakfast at Le Safran.
As well it’s a pleasure to know that you spent a good moment at the Purple bar and appreciated cocktails made by our bartender.

I will personally share your positives comments with the staff and especially with our concierge team which perfectly succeed in meeting your expectations.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe very soon and please don't hesitate to contact us should you require any assistance for your future stay.

Cyndie Berenguier
amsterdam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Overall this hotel is pleasant to stay in. The location is great, the rooms are comfortable. The service is good and the food is fine so not really any bad points apart from two :
1. Gym opens at 10 in the morning and closes at 19 which for me is inconvenient since I can never use the gym at that time.
2. The mini bar in the room is locked due to an electronic system so when I woke up at 3 in the morning to get a bottle of water, I had to call room service, have them unblock the mini bar and allow we to get the bottle of water. You can imagine I was fully awake by then and could no loger fall asleep. I think this aspect is quite ridiculous.

Room Tip: rooms looking onto the inside courtyard are definitely quiet...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank AlexTedje2017
GuestRelationsHilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you for having taken the time to write a review of our hotel.

I am really glad to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and we thank you for having chosen our hotel for your last stay in Paris. Your comments regarding our location and the comfort of our rooms were highly appreciated.

For your information our Fitness center is open 24h/24h but by security reasons our guests need to ask for a valid pass at the Front desk outside the opening hours of our Spa.

However I was really concerned and sorry for the situation you encountered with our Room Service. Be sure that our Room Service Manager was informed in order to take appropriate action to avoid this kind of situation in the future.

I truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in a not very distant future. I would be more than happy to personally take care of every single detail you may request.

Wollerau, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

However, If you deduct the VAT, then it looks rather ok. What I like is the fact, that the hotel is very children friendly and that kids are welcomed. They absolutely dont desturbe business travellers. We enjoyed the stay. The restaurant however is very expensive and the Price to quality ratio does not match. You will find this out when you eat several times there. The prices at the bar are absolutely far too high. If you need water for your room then buy it next to the hotel in a store. One bottle Mineral water of 0.7 lt costs EUR 10.00 versus 0.80 EUR for a 1,5 lt at the store.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GuestRelationsHilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review following your recent stay with us.

We are very thankful to your comments concerning the helfulness and the friendliness of our staff all over your stay in our hotel.
Your enthusiasm is very much appreciated and will be a great source of motivation for the entire team.

However I regret that you found our Purple Bar and our Safran restaurant expensive, but by means of explanation only, the prices are in line with other hotel similar to ours.

We look forward to welcoming you back with us again sometime soon.