“Horrible hostel”

and 1 more site!
Woodstock Hostel
Ranked #55 of 185 Specialty Lodging in Paris
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hostel was quite strange. You don't get your own key to your dorm room, and when someone is already inside the room she's supposed to just leave the door unlocked in case someone else wants to get in. And the door was broken so even if you wanted to lock it you couldn't.

The receptionist was also EXTREMELY RUDE. I didn't get her name but she was the one who was at the counter when I checked out at around 10.50am today (June 25). Whenever you ask her something it's like she's pissed off that you're talking to her. Also, when I went inside the lobby (from the courtyard) someone was mopping the floor and I didn't notice that my shoes had left mud prints on the floor. She suddenly went 'oh my God' and made me move so she could wipe off the mud where I was standing. Seriously what the hell was THAT all about? First of all, IT IS NOT MY FAULT IF YOU DECIDED TO HAVE SOMEONE MOP THE FLOOR BEFORE 11AM (dorms were closed from 11am-5pm so normally people will have left by 11am). What the hell was I supposed to do? FLOAT from the entrance to the receptionist's desk?? Second, I was a GUEST in that hostel and should not have been treated so rudely. Even if I'd gotten the floor dirty it's not like it was something permanent. That appallingly rude receptionist acted like I was a dog who had crapped on the floor. People like her have no business whatsoever in a hostel's reception

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank K T

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Te beds are a dissaster, breakfast is terrible and the worst part is that the same people that run the hostel opened the numeric code safe with a master key and stole money from us. Neve come to this hostel, there is another one just in front that is much better

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Damian M
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was my first hostel experience starting out a month of travelling around Europe. It was fairly close to a Metro stop and the touristy area of Montmartre. The staff were friendly and breakfast was decent with a cool lobby/ hang out area and free computer use. However, it seemed that nothing in the hostel was working. There were safes in our rooms but they were broken with no other in-room options for securing bags or valuables. There was a shower and sink in the room but no toilet. To access a toilet we had to go outside and across a courtyard which was undergoing construction. The claimed free wi-fi can only be accessed right beside the front desk. There was the smell of mould in the room and definite dampness - our shower towels did not dry for 3 days. I would try to avoid going there again but unfortunately there are very few options for budget accommodation in Paris.

Room Tip: Rooms inside the main building had bathrooms beside them i.e. no need to cross the courtyard to use...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Seana H
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We opted for this hostel as they allowed us to keep our bikes in the courtyard for free (we wantwd to spend a few days in Paris, before embarking on the Paris-London bike ride). We couldn't find a more expensive hotel prepared to store them.

We didn't expect much, afterall a hostel is a hostel, and we got fair service for an extremely fair price; the fact they also offered double rooms was a bonus too.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dora D
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed here for a bout a week. The hostel was a pretty standard basic hostel. Nothing extraordinary about it. The location is OK. The kitchen was OK. The bed was OK. The shower was OK. The downstairs lounge area in the front was pretty cool.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was there in June 2012 and I was quite disappointed with the hostel's cleaning. Anyway the staff is very friendly and helpfull but I think is not possible have this kind of bad cleaning conditions. In particular I focus my critique on the bath conditions (You have just one bathroom for floor). The prices are not so expensive if you consider that the hostel is located so close to the center of Paris. In fact if you are a good walker you can arrive in the center of the city in 15 minutes and see a lot of interesting thing of Paris.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 7, 2013

after i have read traveler's reviews about woodstock hostel i really didn't expect too much, but since it was one of the cheapest hostels, and i am a budget traveler, i made a reservation, and was pleasantly surprised. common areas and rooms were kept clean (you are not allowed to stay in hostel from 11am to 3pm because of cleaning, which really isn't a problem because there is so much to see in the city). staff was friendly, they helped us with directions to get around the city. breakfast was nothing special (croissant, cereals, milk, coffee and tea). location is definitely the best part about this hostel. it's located in the heart of montmartre, vibrant and cozy part of the city. metro station is only few minutes away, and so is sacre coeur, definitely the best thing i have seen in the whole city! rooms are really small, but i didn't mind it, because we were out all the time. there is only one bathroom per floor, and they are also very small, but you get for what you paid for.
i was there with my bf, and both of us were satisfied with the hostel.
about the other facilities, there is free wifi and baggage room. you can buy beers or sodas at the common areas.

Room Tip: try to avoid rooms in the courtyard, especially if it's winter, because you must get across the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple