“Too expensive for the services it offers”
Review of Woodstock Hostel

and 1 more site!
Woodstock Hostel
Ranked #59 of 181 Specialty Lodging in Paris
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Hi! We are 2 girls, we visit a lot of place and we always travel by hostals! We think that this hostal has a nice face due to the colors of the walls and the name, but it miss the base!
We have paid 30 euros for a share boys and girls room, but the hostal don't have some basic things we normally find in cheaper one.
-don't have hot water;
-don't have a kitchen sufficient for the guests;
-sheets and towels (which we paid 3,5 euros when we arrived);
-credit card machine;
-hair dryer.

We know that we are in Paris and it's an expensive city but 30 euros are sufficient to have some basic services!

Enjoy! :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ZaraFil

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I never expect much from a hostel, lots of people crammed into the smallest possible space. But this was a pretty good bet. I had five people in a 10 bed dorm, free wi-fi (didn't make it up to the third floor), free breakfast (croissant and a roll or cereal) and a good reception/dining area. The staff were nice and the place was clean, all I really needed for my one night stay.

The hostel can't be blamed for the snoring of the guy below me.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We were a group of six who got split into seperate dorms. Five in one, one in a room with people having sex.

Cool reception decor.

Facilities were a bit poor.

Not a highlight in our European adventure.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I went with 5 people for a couple of nights whilst passing through Paris. Very popular with travellers and quite busy. Definitely a place for people in their late teens - early 20's. Don't expect anything special, the bunks were ok and there is a shower and toilet, but you're sharing with a lot of people so it's not going to be sparkly clean all day long. The staff were very helpful and their English was good for when your French fails you. Would recommend if on a budget

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hostel was OK -- It was clean, good breakfast and helpful staff. The rooms were cramped and the en-suit bathroom was really tiny. It had a small sink and an even smaller shower. It was hard to shower and get ready without waking everyone up. We spent most of the time exploring the city, but the time we did spend at the hostel was OK. I'd only recommend to non-family travelers. This isn't a place you want young kids sleeping -- lots of 20 year olds traveling so they were hanging out in the courtyard a lot.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2012

The price was relatively good as it was under 50 Euros per person, but I wish I'd forked out a few extra Euros to stay in a hotel. The description said "bathroom en suite" but that was false--we just had a tiny sink and mirror. The toilet was in a separate closet for the floor to share--I'd guess at least 20 people per floor--and there's a shower room with another tiny sink with a broken faucet. The beds weren't uncomfortable but there were stains on the sheets. There was definitely a party going on all night even though there's a 2am curfew. I had my iPod headphones on, but it was so loud out that I didn't notice someone banging on my door for a while--apparently we'd accidentally locked our roomies out. So basically I would never stay there again nor would I recommend it to anyone who likes sleeping at night.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed May 21, 2012

As far as hostels go, this is a best bet. We were split a room for 6 and shared with some cool folks---much better than I can say about the first hostel we stayed in Paris. The front staff was very chill and easy going, made it enjoyable to stay. Didn't care for the breakfast but didn't intend to eat there anyway, so I didn't mind the basic options. I'll take whatever I can get when I budget travel so I don't care much to review the quality of a free bread basket ;) The design is really cute and overall it was probably my more pleasant hostel experience in Paris. Cheers.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends