“Rocky start, but good finish”
Review of Paris France Hotel

Paris France Hotel
Ranked #283 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed September 21, 2006

When I first arrived I was disappointed with the size of the room. I had booked a single so it was my error. I should have booked a double for one person.

The breakfast was also disappointing- the coffee was somewhat oily and the croissants did not have that wonderful richess one expects. After two days I gave up on the hotel breakfast and went across the street to La Favourite and had breakfast at the bar with better coffee and croissants for less € than the hotel.

The main complaint is the TV. They still have not fixed the satellite, so you had better get used to very few channels, all in french.

But the location is great. Easy to get to some of the nicest bits of Paris- the Marais, Etienne Marcel, Place Victoire, Place des Vosges. If you walk down Rue de Turbigo until Rue Tiquetonne and turn onto that street , there are some great little bistros and also on Rue Montorgueil. Your stomach will be most happy. The hotel managed to botch up my booking for the shuttle to the Airport- I requested it, but they forgot to confirm it.

The staff all in all though is pretty competent.

I will stay there again, using the knowlege I picked up from this visit. I am not going for the hotel, I am going for Paris.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Tessuti

Reviewed July 13, 2006

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and it is our second time in Paris. Before going there I asked via email for a Quiet room with AC and internet. I then finalized the booking on the phone and ask to be in a quiet room not facing the street. She told us we could be on the 5th or 7th floor on the "garden" side (which is really the roof of a next by church). I was also told that they are installing AC but should not be ready for us but that the rooms have fans.

We got a room facing the street so noisy, no AC (I think they lied about "installing it") nor a fan (we asked for one and they put one after the first night) and on the 2nd floor (but at our request they changed us for the 7th). For the WiFi internet it is 10 euros for 24 hours but you can probably find a signal from elsewhere at no charge from your room. Other than the fact that we didn't get what we asked for, the room and the bathroom was clean and big (for Paris). We had room #72 (I think all the rooms ending with 0,1,2,3 are facing the streets) which has a double bed + a single bed and dark blue walls and a window facing Turbigo street which is a one way 2 lane street. It gets quieter at night but the motorcycles are very noisy i nthe morning and with the window open for air, it is sometimes hard to sleep well.

Last time we came here we stayed in the 6e arrondissement which is more lively and closer to attractions but much more touristy. Hotel Paris France has nice little streets around it with little cafés like Vieille Temple which is authentic. You can also find supermarket, pharmacy in the area.

Overall, if we would have got the room that we expected, we would have rated it "Above average" instead of "Average". If you are looking for a relatively quiet room (you still can here the streets a bit even on the "garden" side), make to ask for a room that is NOT on the street itself and higher up (6 or 7th floor).

• Stayed: July 2006
4  Thank Foxycleo
New york
Reviewed January 31, 2006

It's my third time in Paris France Hotel.
It's is the best deal in Paris for the money it's a 2* hotel and feels like 3*.
The rooms are clean and spacious,
The guys at front desk are very friendly and helpful.
The location very convenience, the metro is less than a block away, and basically it's a walking distance from all the attractions.
You also have some brasseries around and big inexpensive supermarket across the street.
I'll stay there again at my next visit.

• Stayed: April 2005
13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 14, 2005

Hotel Paris France on 72 rue de Turbigo, 75003, Paris. Located on the edge of the Marais near the Republique and Temple metro stops, this is a good budget hotel with a diverse clientele. We were a french class and took all the single rooms. The website shows their best rooms, so ours did not look like the brochures, but all our rooms and some others I saw were all squeeky clean, although a bit worn. The staff is helpful and friendly in a reserved way. The breakfast room is in the basement and has the usual continental breakfast with LOTS of coffee available - good for those who don't want one tiny cup for breakfast. The close proximity to several metro stops made it very easy to get around. All in all, an excellent experience for the budget traveler.

6  Thank merrittm
Seattle Washington
Reviewed November 13, 2005

We recently returned from France and our stay at the Paris France Hotel was wonderful. Mostly because of the atmoshere of the people who worked there. They helped us in everyway.
I missed a kettle to boil water in our room, but each evening, when I asked, the night clerk boiled up some water so I could enjoy a cup of tea. I so appreciated that after walking through the beautiful city of Paris all day.
Anami worked during the day and her friendly smile and kindness to us during our stay will never be forgotten.
Thankyou for helping make our parisian vacation so memorable!

Stayed: October 2005