“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #299 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2009

Stayed here 23rd - 25th of Feb. The hotel was pleasently presented for a supposed to be 2star hotel, but i think it should be at least a 3 star. The hotel inside was lovely and comfortable, there is a room beside reception with a tiny bar and coffee machine, you just have to ask the receptionist to make your drink for you.

I booked a superior double, which was was room 35, with a view of the church out my window. The room itself was clean, with a plasma tv and 3 single beds, they also had a hairdryer which was good enough, so i wouldnt bother packing one, there are no tea/coffee facilities in the room, nor is there a mini bar. Also there is a tiny safety deposit box which i happened to find on the last day, mine was near the floor behind a curtain in the bedroom. The bathroom was nice with warm water, however i couldnt seem to get the plug to work in the bathroom. There is an ashtray in the rooms for those who do smoke and the windows open up wide so you can sit in your room and smoke. The church just outside my window struck every hour from about 9 o clock in the morning until about 10 at night, but it didnt really bother me, apart from that there wasnt any noise.

The location of the hotel is good, its a few minutes walk to the Place de la République, which has numerous places to eat and drink. Its also about half an hours walk to the Louvre. At the back of the Louvre its also a good idea to go on the open top red tour bus, a ticket was about 15 euros if not cheaper and lasted 2 days, and you can hop on and off at any of the major sites in paris - great way to get around!

The hotel staff were pleasant and all in all i think its a nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Korean first
limerick
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2009

We stayed in this hotel for a weekend.It is a basic clean hotel.The staff were nice and friendly.The hotel is in a good location close to restaurants and bars. The hotel is about 2mins away from metro station temple on line no:3 heading towards gallieni.The hotel room we were stayed in had no shower only a bath and showerhead .The breakfast in the hotel is basic and it cost €6{croissant and coffee}.A good breakfast is available in Mc Donalds close by.It was very cold in paris we would recomend warm cloths be worn at this time of the year.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — no shower
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2009

We have just returned from spending two nights at this hotel for new year. The hotel was lovely and although breakfast was basic (croissant & coffee) it was more than adequate. If you're not too keen on croissants there is a monoprix just around the corner which sells an array of pastries. The hotel is a 1 min walk from Republique metro station from which you can explore the sights of Paris. The hotel is very easy to access from Charles de Gualle airport, just follow the signs for RER B. You can but tickets for this at the station but the ticket machines only accept coins not notes. However, there are some change machines dotted around the station. From here you need to get the train to Gare du Nord and then take the orange metro line to Republique. Again the metro ticket machines only accept coins. We found it easier to buy a book of 10 tickets each which works out cheaper (about 11 euros) and is less hassle. The 10 tickets lasted us for our 3 days there. The staff at the hotel are very lovely and friendly. Alhtough the lift is tiny two of us did manage to fit in it with one suitcase and one bag.There are lots of cafes and restaurants around the hotel so there are plenty of places to eat. We booked 'Cafe Serafin' for NYE and although the 5 course meal cost us 160 euros with wine it was the best meal I have ever had. We had pre-booked the restaurant online before we went with it being NYE. I believe that a standard meal there is about 24 euros each which is pretty cheap for Paris. Its literally a 5 minute walk from the hotel and is very cool and trendy. They also do amazing cocktails there. In the three days there we manage to visit all of the standrad tourist sights without queuing too long. The longest we queued for was an hour and an half was to ice skate at the Hotel du Ville. The queue for the Louvre appears a lot longer than it is as you have to initially queue for bag checking, once past this its not too bad. The Mona Lisa is certainly worth a visit. We were suprised that the Pompediou Centre was open on New Years Day and this was a great way to spend our last day alomg with a visit to the Sacre Coeur. New Years Eve on the Champs Elysee was not as impressive as I thought it would've been as there weren't many fireworks but you have to go there for the atmosphere. The metros were hell on new years eve howver they are free. It was freezing in Paris and I would recommend taking lots of layers and confortable walking shoes. However, we were lucky enough for it to snow which made up for being so cold.I would certainly recommend spending New Years in Paris.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2008

This hotel is just 100 meters from the Republique metro station and just 15 minutes walk to the Seine, the Marais, Les Halles, and the Bastille areas. It is in a lively area with cafes and shops. I booked a double room at the last minute and was fortunate to get room 16 on the first floor. The room was actually a triple, with two twin beds pushed together plus a single rollaway in another corner of the room. It sounds odd, but the room was larger than the typically small double rooms with cramped bathrooms and shower cabinet offered at this hotel. Room 16 has a full size bathroom with a tub/shower. The room iss on the side of the hotel, facing the side of St. Elizabeth's church across the alley. Every so often the lovely bells ring, which I liked. The bed (a single bed) was firm and comfortable, the room had a 32" flat screen LCD TV, and the fabric covering the walls was a nice touch. If you stay at this hotel, ask for something on the first floor and you will have wonderful old floor-to-ceiling arched windows. Yes, it is closer to the street, but the windows in the hotel are double-glazed, so the traffic noise is quite reduced. If you listen, you can hear the rumble of the metro going under the street by the building every few minutes (not really disturbing). And yes, this hotel does have the smallest lift in Europe. Literally big enough for only 1 full-sized adult plus small suitcase. The downsides to this hotel are: you can hear the people walking in the room above you, and at this time they don't provide shampoo and shower gel - which most hotels in this price category do.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lack of toiletries
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank PortOfCall99
toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2008

Quite to the contrary I found this hotel very clean. The problem
I encountered was with one of the front desk person that almost
ruined my stay for the first time in paris. I knew about this hotel from a friend who's sister stayed here and recommended it to him. I was unable to book this hotel from Canada due to various circumstances. However fate had it that upon exploring the neighborhood that I had already booked, I would be walking by this hotel. So I spoke to the man @ front desk on Sunday which was my second day in Paris, he told me that he would have a room available the upcoming Wednesday till the following Sunday of my departure, took all the info and wrote down my name in his book.
He also said that I should give a two day prior notice to my current hotel so I could be free of any obligations from them. Now the Tuesday prior I wanted to confirm things, but this is where the nightmare started. The new person @ front desk totally shocked me by asking me for a receipt, something that I should've asked for on the Sunday when I booked for Wednesday! Combining his incompetence and no record of the transaction by me I was about to be living on the streets of Paris. The new guy told me to come back Wednesday and speak to the man whom I originally spoke to on Sunday and I did, but again another surprise as there was a beautiful girl @ front desk and the same argument ensued, but she was quick enough to check all the books and found my info. and told me to bring over my stuff and leave them in the lobby until the room be ready. The room given was the size of a closet but immaculately renovated, however they should've changed the bed covers as they were quite old.
The staff were very helpful and courteous and when ever I couldn't explain in French they would in English. The cleaning staff were superb as well and two times I left them one euro for their good service. The flat screen 19" monitor is great with all the
fantastic channels from various European countries.
The Cafe across the street called "Favorite" has the cheapest coffee, and the "Mono-Prix" just around the corner has the best "croissant almond" and cheap. The metro which is line 3 "Temple" is a MINUTE walk from the hotel no exaggeration!!!!!
I would definitely stay here again but will make sure about the booking. The view from room could see the top of the Eiffel, and all the beautiful buildings surrounding it. I was lucky that my neighbors were mature and had awesome sleeps at anytime.
Also you don't have to hold the shower head with one hand as I know many of you are bothered by it !!! Bon Voyage

• Liked — Location and the close proximity to Metro
  • Disliked — The confusion by the front desk staff
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank firsttimeinparis
Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2008

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights with my parents about 2 weeks back. N my stay here definitely was a memorable one, in the worst possible way. I was bitten by beg bugs all over my body including my face. I was left with red itchy marks all over, which was only irritated by heat and other elements. I'm still left with black scars. When i initially complained to the reception, they took 15 euros off the bill and gave us free breakfast for one day. After i told them that it wouldn't even cover the doctor's visit and talking to them for over 15 minutes, i still payed the whole amount for the first night and for the second night i payed 45 euros. I believe i should have been compensated atleast one night and shouldnt have had to battle with them for so long. Their excuse was that they never had this problem before but the bed that i was using had blood stains on it, and with the way i was bitten, the bed if anything must be infested with bed bugs. I would not advise this place for family with kids or just anyone who wants to be spared from being scared n left real itchy n red for a few days.

• Stayed August 2008
7 Thank Bala S
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2008

Stayed at the Paris France hotel for 5 nights. It has just been newly refurbished and the rooms are excellent. We were a party of 7 and had 3 rooms between us, all were large with large bathrooms and a lovely view. The decor in the rooms is lovely and new. The staff at the hotel are also excellent, very helpful with all our questions. The hotel is also in a great spot, close to 2 metro stops. Between the 2 stops you can get anywhere without changing trains too much. Would highly recommend and will definetly stay again!

• Liked — Location, cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends