“Small but Charming!”
Review of Paris France Hotel

Paris France Hotel
Ranked #277 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The hotel was as expected as per reviews - rooms were small but you expect this for Paris, even though we had a 'Superior' room. We were on the 7th floor, but wow, what a view of Paris, and had a view of the Eiffel Tower, particularly class when its lit up at night. Elevator is faster than it looks. Have to say first impression of the room was not great - small and basic - but the bathroom is new and modern, the sheets were crisp and clean - and really was great value. Staff were nice and patient with my poor attempts at french (!), also gave some good advice for going to the louvre (go to the side entrance, no queues whatsoever, avoid entering through the glass pyramid!) and the small touch of being able to print off my boarding pass for free really gives places like this a good name. One point though is the 'lovely' wake up call by the church bells next door - which seemed to be going off every quarter of an hour in the morning...grrrr.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Christelle C, Responsable réception at Paris France Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your nice comments about your recent stay in our hotel. We hope to have the pleasure of your return visit soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We spent one night at the beginning of our trip and one night at the end of our trip in mid October. Both stays were very, very satisfying. Our first night was on the top floor and very cute with a slanted ceiling and most comfortable bed! Our last night was in room 15, really nice room with windows facing the church. The front desk host is very accommodating and helped us find a shuttle service and nice restaurants in the area. Our last night was a very short night with a morning flight of 8:00 AM. The front desk gentleman made sure that we had a convenient room and a morning call, along with the shuttle. We have NO complaints, really nice place for an affordable stay in Paris.

Room Tip: 15 is our favorite, cute bath and nice side view of the Church next door.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your nice review and for choosing the Paris France Hotel for your stay in Paris.

The Paris France Hotel thank you again, and we will be glad to welcome you for your next stay in Paris..
Best regards

Reviewed November 6, 2012

You can find 2 metro stations, 2 super markets and lots restaurants near to Paris France Hotel within 5 minutes walk. The location of this hotel is good, quite convenient. This hotel is a traditional European old hotel, there is no fridge and safe in the room but they offer a secret hiding place with lock under the window which we found quite special and interesting :) The hotel has a max 3 people lift so you don't need to carry your luggage and climb the stairs. The room is clean, staff is friendly and helpful. It was a good experience to stay in Paris France Hotel.

1  Thank cchi1003

Dear Guest,

We thank you so much for your very kind comments about your recent stay at Paris France Hotel,
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
Best regards,

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I visited Paris for 8 days(end of Sept through 1st week of Oct 2012). We randomly chose Hotel Paris France thanks to all the good reviews it had on Trip Advisor. I must say we were completely satisfied with our choice!
1. Rooms - Small size(that's how most rooms are in Europe) but very clean and comfortable. Offers a lovely view especially at nights when we can see the Eiffel through our window! Housekeeping does a fabulous job - when we come back tired at night after a long day of sightseeing, it's nice to come back to a clean and well stocked up room. Bathrooms are tiny, however the hot showers are amazing, especially during winters :-)
2. Location - Excellent! 2 metro lines nearby(Temple & Republique) which was extremely convenient. Lots of shops/bakeries/pizza places nearby making it very lively.
3. Service - Herve was extremely professional right from the beginning when we had made reservations. Prompt in his replies as well. He was very courteous and so were the other staff at the hotel. They are very good guides - they could help us out with restaurant options, shopping areas etc. They all speak very good English and helped me practice my French on them as well! ;-)
Overall - good value for money!

2  Thank Aishwerya N
Christelle C, Responsable réception at Paris France Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for having taken the time to leave these wonderful comments on trip advisor.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Regards

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and i travellled from Australia to this hotel, and stayed for 4 nights. I was a bit cautious before we arrived as we had come from a suite in a Hilton hotel, and was worried my husband's expectations may have been raised as a result. I couldn't have been more wrong! We fell in love as soon as we opened the door to our room!

Our room was quite small, and directly off the elevator but it was really not a problem. The bed was comfortable, the view was very nice, the shower was hot and steady. Yes, the bathroom was small - almost always are in Paris. There was a cupboard with hanging space as well as a small desk which we found quite handy. There was heating and airconditioning, but we didn't need to use either.

The staff were great, very helpful and friendly and gave good advice when asked. Each day the room was cleaned and bed made, housekeeping did a good job. The lift was only big enough for 2 people, but there was only 1 case in 4 days where we had to wait as some people went down and then the lift came back up to get us.

I would more than recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay in Paris. We walked just about everywhere from the hotel, however there are 2 metro stops within a block or so which is handy.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the street, we didn't notice any noise but the opening window to the street...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary L
Christelle C, Responsable réception at Paris France Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking time to write a so wonderful review about your recent stay at Paris France Hôtel and for posting photos.
Kindly know that your appreciation means a lot to us and that I have been delighted to share it with all the members of the team.
Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at Paris France hotel.

Regards

Reviewed October 24, 2012

What can I say it was our first trip to Paris.The reviews that I read led us to stay here,we were not disappointed.We spent 8 days at the hotel what a treat. Rooms clean and comfortable as others have said nice bathroom also. Everyone of the staff was very helpful with directions and help with places to eat.One reviewer had mentioned that they couldn't get into Premel down the street what a treat great food went twice.Special thanks to Herve' for all his help and Cristalle, my wife hasn't took off the Bow ring you gave her since we got home.Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Christelle C, Responsable réception at Paris France Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for posting this wonderful review on Trip Advisor!
I am delighted to learn that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and that the services of our team members did meet your expectations.I'm also very happy that your wife like the "precious bow ring" :-)

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Paris France Hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Personalized service, comfy bed, Tour Eiffel view, and a great air conditioner! Super CLEAN!
Don’t know why it’s taken me so long to write this review, probably denial that I won’t be going back to Paris for a while! We spent 8 great nights in May/June 2012 at the Hotel Paris France for our 30th wedding anniversary trip to Paris. It was amazing!! Ahh, Je t’aime Paris! I'll thank TripAdvisor now for feeding my obsessive nature of trying to research a hotel that would suit my expensive taste, but limited budget. TripAdvisor's options coupled with some other review sites led me to find the Hotel Paris France, Paris France... the place so nice they named it twice. Sorry NY, NY. Anyway, I spent forever researching the neighborhoods (arondissements) and had a specific set of unrealistic requirements I needed in a neighborhood and hotel. It would be tough from what I had read about prices, and rooms in Paris.
My Must Have list included :
A/C in the room; must be under $200 per night; must have good ratings on TA; must be in arrondissment 1-4 and very close to a metro; must have real double/queen bed, not two twins stuck together; must have a nice bathroom/shower area.
All of my requirements were met beautifully by the Hotel Paris France - which I never thought I'd find that in a two star hotel. So, as many others have indicated on this site - I'll def give them 3 stars.
Now, to why they get more like 3+ stars in my book. My husband and I got married in 1982 and were celebrating our 30th on this trip. When looking through the TA hotel forums I saw a room recommendation at Hotel Paris France for room 82 - this was after I had booked directly with the hotel's website and recvd a good rate for superior double - $140/nt. So, on a romantic whim, I emailed the hotel, en francais, with an actual room number request, for room 82, the year of our wedding. Now, most of the time you try to request a room, and a hotel will say, we'll try, but it’s usually first come, first served. Ms. Christelle, from the Hotel ParisFrance, emailed me back within 12 hours and was delighted to confirm my request for room 82! Yay! Another traveler had shared actual pictures of the room so I felt like I knew what I was getting. I knew it was on the 8th floor and the elevator was tiny and only went 7th floor and then you walk to your room, no biggie. I did not know how well the A/C worked until two days after we arrived when the helpful front desk clerk Hervé showed us how to turn it on : ). Note, dear Hervé had dutifully given us instructions on the A/C at ck in, which we were apparently too jet lagged to understand, despite his perfect Anglais : ) - Love you Hervé and Christelle, along with all the other nice employees! We had breakfast at the hotel each day - 12 euro extra and although tasty, well good enough – not the flakiest croissant around, but darn worth the time saving of going somewhere. If you get hungry in a couple of hours, there’s a croissant on every corner. Breakfast room was clean and efficient with plenty of room, coffee was delish, strong and plentiful.
Bed at the hotel was quite comfortable – 4 big pillows, nice, crisp, very clean white cotton duvet and sheets. Bathroom was very roomy and had to have been redone within the last few years and extremely clean. Nice tile, top to bottom, tub with shower handled spout. Hair dryer worked great. But the main deal was the CENTRAL Air Conditioner! Not some crappy window unit like the Holiday Inn in Little Rock or anywhere really, that blasts away annoyingly and wakes you up all night. This A/C was like butttah… so quiet and cool. Because in Paris, the metro is dandy, but the crowds in summer are hot and sticky and there is nothing but stifling heat in the public areas, don’t get me started on how hot it is in each toilet – just hold it til you get back to the room, really. I think all the French people wait.
Location, who does not want to stay in the Marais! Easy access to anywhere and everywhere walking or short metro hops. The Temple metro station is less than a 1 minute stroll and has excellent connections to everywhere, or you can walk north 5 minutes and be at Metro République which is a large hub station.
I’m including pics of hotel room to help others who like myself has cavier taste on a hot dog budget. Enjoy and look at the rest of reviews if you want some good tips on metro, neighborhoods, restaurants, must sees, etc.

Room Tip: Room 82 - Eiffel View - church bell outside your window - don't worry doesn't ring til 9am!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mctutor

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Paris France Hotel.

I am thrilled to see that your stay at Paris France Hotel has brought you entire satisfaction and will be delighted to share your kind comments with all team.

Yours sincerely,