“Great location, helpful staff.”
Review of Hotel Le Walt

Hotel Le Walt
Ranked #52 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
New York City, New York
“Great location, helpful staff.”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I spent a long weekend here on a tourist trip and I really liked the place. On the plus side:

-location is great for sights and for access to metro
-staff was super-polite and helpful
-wi-fi (generally slow) and breakfast was included in the rate (on average €150 per night)

The reason I am not giving it the full five stars is that my street-view room was very noisy all night which made sleep painful. There was also noticeable noise from other rooms, but street noise was the main issue, so maybe a room not facing the street would take all 5 stars.

I would probably prefer to try another place on my next visit but I would certainly consider returning here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Vainney L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Le Walt, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear guests,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor following your stay at the Hotel Le Walt Paris.

It was indeed a pleasure to read that you were overall satisfied with your stay with us.

Your enthusiasm for our location is also very much appreciated.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Operations Manager,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed at the Le Walt for two nights on a recent business trip. I've been to Paris many times but this was my first experience at the LeWalt. They are usually sold out so I end up staying somewhere else. The location is great both from a tourist perspective as well as access to the metro. It just so happens to be close to the company office as well.

I checked-in late in the evening. The staff at the front desk were extremely polite and courteous. The check-in process was very smooth. I went up to my room, opened the door and unfortunately could hear the street noise since my room was facing the street. It wasn't bad but I already had a long week and was tired so I didn't want to take a chance of being up all night. I call the front desk to see if I could change rooms - not always easy in the smaller hotels. I waited about 15 minutes when the front desk called back with a room on the first on the back side of the terrace. I was extremely pleased. I change rooms.....it was great. A very nice room, fairly large for Paris standards, good décor, large bath and most important....extremely quiet and free from traffic noise. Bed was very comfortable as well.

Breakfast in the morning was great. Much better than some of the other hotels where I stayed in the past. Probably one of the better hotel breakfasts from a Paris perspective.

The front desk staff were very pleasant again. The gentleman at the front desk remembered my name from the previous evening.

The hotel wifi was the only slight inconvenience during my stay. You have to use a username and password for each device....seemed a bit strange but it did work fine.

I don't give too many 5 star ratings. I just really liked the Le Walt compared to other boutique hotels I stayed in Paris. The staff was very professional and pleasant. The breakfast was good and the room was great.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the street can be fairly noisy with the constant traffic flow
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank exptraveller501
Vainney L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Le Walt, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Exptraveller501,

What a delight to read your nice comment about your stay at Le Walt Paris !

We are very happy that you appreciated your stay with us.

Dedication, attention to detail, anticipation to guests needs, we strongly believe that this is what differentiates an upscale hotel from a real 4 stars hotel and our entire team strive every day to provide this high-level service to every guest.

We hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I chouse this hotel for the location reason. Normaly I know very well what I can find in Paris in the area at the same price and in this case I was prepared for everything. When I arrived the front desk and the short look of the main lobby seams to confirm my warst aspectation.After this a sock! Retro atmosfer, calassically boutique style perfect service, very professional satf! Complet this with a decent breackfast and you'll obtein the recept of a perfect hotel. I will not say nothing in plus but I am sure that I will recome with a very great plesure.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Vainney L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Le Walt, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Julian P,

How can we not smile, genuinely warm, with such wonderful comments! The entire team of the Hotel Le Walt joins me to thank you very much for taking the time to share them on TripAdvisor.

We thank you very much for your wonderful support. It is always a great source of motivation!

We are thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us and we would very much have the opportunity to welcome you back soon to Paris.

Best Regards,

Haverford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Perfect small hotel in Paris. We go to Paris 3 times a year and find that the Le Walt is like staying in a Bed and Breakfast. Small enough to get personalize service. The staff was very welcoming on this stay and could not have been nicer. We had a large(by Paris standards) wonderful room.
Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel is quiet but the front faces the Tour Effel
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Nanart,

Thank you very much for posting your comments on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us at the Hotel Le Walt Paris!

Thank you very much also for your loyalty. It is always a reward for us to see our guests coming back.

We are grateful that you staying with us 3 times a year and hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon here in your Parisian Home!

Yours sincerely,

Surrey
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This place is perfect, the location is great, its surrounded by nice restaurants, the Eiffel tower is a 5 min walk away and the rooms are small but very nicely decorated and clean.

bad points - staff rude (but they all are in Paris) but thats it.

Id never go back to Paris as i hated every second of it (because of the rude people everywhere) but id recommend someone to go here.

Room Tip: Request a high room, you wont always get it as there are only 2 Eiffel tower view rooms but worth a...
Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Vainney L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Le Walt, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Hotel Inspectors,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your comments with us on Tripadvisor, following your recent stay at the Hotel Le Walt Paris.

It was indeed a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with our location and enjoyed your stay with us.

Nevetheless, I am so sorry that our feelings about the staff were not positive.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personnaly if you want to give me further information about this point.

Thank you again and we all look forward to welcoming you again in Paris in a not too distant future.

Sincerely yours,

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Our trip was recently interrupted by a death in the family. The team at Le Walt showed great compassion and character. As much as the Hotel is known for its exceptional service and accommodations, I am most grateful for their sincerity and kindness. I would highly recommend anyone to book with them.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Vainney L, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Le Walt, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Sarah C,

Once again, we are really sorry for your loss.

As Pierre, our Front Office Manager told you, we remain at your entire disposal should you need to make a new booking.

Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

It's a marvelous hotel in terms of service and location.
We felt like VIPs with the staff of Le Walt.
They were gracious enough to provide a room with a view of the eiffel tower which made our trip all the more nicer.
The location as other reviewers have said is exceptional, being in a restaurant, cafe, and shop filled area in the 7th arr. with a metro station being a few steps away.
To criticize for being a 4 star hotel, we expected the bathroom amenities to have more than just shower gel, shampoo, and a bar of soap.
For three days we asked for slippers we were promised we would have them the next day but we never did.
The breakfast gets a 7/10.
Even after our remarks, we'd give it a 5/5 for medium priced hotels in Paris.
We were made to feel at home in Paris.

Dear Rayhussami,

What a delight to read such a fabulous review about your recent stay at Le Walt Paris !

We always strive to do our best to provide the best quality of service; thank you for underlining it.

We are also very pleased that you appreciated your stay in one of our Classic room with the Eiffel Tower view.

We hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in a not-too-distant future.