“I have found a new favorite Paris hotel”
Review of Hotel Le Walt

Hotel Le Walt
Ranked #58 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Nevada
“I have found a new favorite Paris hotel”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I visit Paris often and decided to try a new hotel on my most recent trip. The reviews of the Hotel Le Walt were quite favorable so I stayed there and found it utterly delightful. I'll probably stay there again on future trips to Paris. I noticed the building has only six floors of guest rooms, so when I checked in I was shocked to be assigned to room 701. Turns out they have 2 special rooms in the back behind the rear courtyard. I was a bit disappointed at first because my room was on the ground floor and looked out onto tables in the courtyard, but I came to like the room a lot. It was profoundly quiet, very private, and the bathroom was gargantuan by Parisian standards. Impeccably clean and it even had a towel warmer in the bathroom. Shower was great, felt like standing under Niagara Falls with lots of hot water that really cured my jet lag. Bed had fresh linens, lots of pillows, and was very comfortable. Lots of closet space and a room safe that was big enough for my passport, iPad, and all the chocolate I had bought in Europe. But the best part was the woman at the breakfast buffet. She was so friendly and welcoming and really made me feel like an honored guest at the hotel. It would be hard to exaggerate how wonderfully she treated me and the other guests. On my last day she somehow knew I was leaving and she shook my hand and wished me farewell. Truly great service. The breakfast is very Parisian, of course, and quite unlike the Denny's or IHOP lumberjack breakfasts you get in the United States. Freshly squeezed chilled juices, cereal, fruit, and lots of little things to nibble on like nuts and yogurt and salmon and cheese. I had croissants with sweet butter and raspberry jam and was in heaven. But they had a coffee machine and the nice lady would make you anything you wanted, so it felt sort of like a mini-Starbucks. My only complaint about this hotel was that the Internet connection was very moody. The WiFi signal was very strong, but their pipe to the Internet was apparently small because pages sometimes took a long time to load. When I checked out of the hotel, they claimed I had consumed stuff from the minibar, which was inaccurate, but when I protested they very quickly and very politely deleted the charge. Each room has a TV and a DVD player, and the front desk has DVDs that you can borrow. (The hotel information guide described this with a laugh-out-loud mistranslation into English: "Have a nice movie seance," ROFL.) Also, the hotel was in a really great part of Paris with zillions of restaurants within walking distance and a grocery store across the street for snacks. Finally, the hotel was just steps away from the Ecole Militaire subway stop. Regular visitors to Paris know that getting to CDG airport during weekday rush hour can be quite horrific, but when I departed I was able to grab a quick breakfast at the hotel at 7:00am, check out, and swiftly travel to Gare du Nord before the crowds materialized. Overall, a great hotel and a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Vainney L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Le Walt, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear dleifker,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor !

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us in Paris.

How wonderful that the hotel and the service were up to your expectations.

Thank you for your enthusiasm towards our employees, I will certainly not fail to share your feed-back with them and particularly with Rose (the "woman at the breakfast buffet).

We truly hope to see you back soon. Until then, the entire team of the hotel Le Walt joins me to wish you wonderful Christmas and a very happy New Year 2014.

Best Regards,

Operations Manager,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is literally walking distance from many of the cities best locations and right next to a Metro is you want to travel further afield. The staff are all friendly and the rooms are great. I could see the Eiffel Tower from my window. 9/10 and a definite recommendation

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Martin C,

Thank you very much for leaving your comments on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us at the Hotel Le Walt !

How wonderful to read that you enjoyed our services and a view of the Eiffel Tower from your room !

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon ! In advance, I wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2014 !

Dublin
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay at Hotel Le Walt and we ended up in exactly the same room overlooking the interior courtyard. From the first moment of our 3-night stay, everything felt familiar and the staff were helpful and friendly at all times. Compared to many other "boutique" Parisian hotels that we have stayed in previously, this room was positively spacious - in others, you could not swing a mouse, never mind a cat. Yes, the wifi reception is a bit weak but it did work for us throughout the hotel. The hotel's location was ideal for us (7th Arr) with the Metro (Ecole Militaire) almost across the road and we were also within walking distance of some very nice restaurants .. see other reviews. Hubby enjoyed sitting out in the quiet courtyard occasionally for a cigar and to catch up on e-mails or reading with a coffee in hand. One tiny thing, I now generally remember to pack hair conditioner when I travel to Paris, as almost none of the hotels provide this as part of the toiletries set in the bathroom. If, like me, you need your conditioner for your daily shampooing, please pack a miniature one, just in case. We stayed during November and while the air conditioning was not the best we have ever encountered, it was adequate. The hotel is small and sounds of vacuum cleaning and such like are almost inevitable in the morning, however, apart from that we found our room location to be calm and peaceful and we had no objection to the courtyard view. We would happily return to this hotel again and again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AnneOD
Dear AnneOD,

We truly enjoyed welcoming back you to the hotel Le Walt for your second stay and it was a real pleasure to read these wonderful comments!

What a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our services and the hotel!

Your enthusiasm for our employees is very much appreciated and will be a great source of motivation. I will certainly not fail to convey your very kind compliments to them.

We look forward to welcome you back soon to Paris.

I allow myself to wish you in advance a Merry Chistmas and a Happy New Year 2014 !

Best Regards,

NY
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This 25 room boutique hotel is perfectly located in Paris. The hotel is clean, modern and the staff
is attentive to your every need. The metro is right outside the door as well as a selection of reasonably priced and excellent quality cafes. It is a 10 minute walk to the Eiffel tower.
The room was large, modern and comfortable. They serve breakfast although we opted to eat at the café right next door to the hotel. We would not hesitate to stay there again.

1 Thank zarc
Vainney L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Le Walt, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Zarc,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor, following your recent visit to the hotel.

I was pleased that you had enjoyed your stay with us. We aim to make everyone's stay with us as pleasant and relaxing as possible.

We always also endeavor to make everyone feel welcome and your recognition about our hotel as large, modern and comfortable is most appreciated.

We hope we may welcome you back to the hotel Le Walt in the very near future.

Kind regards

Columbia, CT
Reviewed October 31, 2013

What a wonderful surprise when we walked into our room for the first time! There was a chilled bottle of champagne, a bar of wonderful chocolate and a small balcony with view of the Tour D'Eiffel. The room and bath were modern, clean, comfortable and well appointed. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was very convenient. We walked to the Tour D'Eiffel on our first evening. We walked to Rue Cler each morning to enjoy the street market and a wonderful breakfast. The metro was conveniently located just outside, and a grocery store across the street. It was a perfect home base for our first visit to Paris. We would definitely return.

1 Thank TrishJ33
Vainney L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Le Walt, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear TrishJ33,

It was a real pleasure to welcome you to the Hotel Le Walt on your recent stay in Paris.

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful comments on Tripadvisor, we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us !

Thank you very much for congratulating our staff, I will certainly not fail to share your remarks with them.

We truly hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon!

Tavares
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This intimate boutique hotel has the perfect central Paris location. We used the Metro to get there and back from Charles De Gaulle airport. It has an adorable grocery store across the street, a pharmacy steps away, a Metro stop directly outside their front door, and numerous cafes (which do take-away too) within a 2 minute walk. The Eiffel Tower can be viewed from the windows of many of the rooms and it is a 10 minute walk to the tower through a park. The Bateau Boat Tour and the hop-on-hop off Red Bus Tour stops are a 10 minute walk away. We felt absolutely safe at all hours walking this neighborhood populated by locals with children and young professionals.

The rooms are bright and airy with floor to ceiling windows which open to let in crisp morning air. The bed was comfortable, a wall mounted towel heater handy, and the room was an adequate size for two. The housekeeping staff took meticulous care and were very friendly. The front desk (manned 24/7) is extremely helpful with directions (in excellent English) for the RER, the Metro, and the more reasonable area dining suggestions. Walk to a café (2 minutes) on Rue Cler to get breakfast at 6-7 euros versus the hotel's 16, however.

You are going to LOVE the Le Walt at the center of Paris a very short Metro ride from absolutely everything. Even Versailles (40 minutes) and Giverney (90 minutes) by metro and train. Allow extra time for the airport trip: the locals fill the cars during work rush hour.

WARNING Pickpockets on the train: stand/sit well away from the doors when carrying luggage, put your wallet in a well secured INSIDE pocket of the largest (heavy) luggage or inside your shirt. Pickpockets working in groups snatch your wallet to dash out train doors as they open along the airport 'routes'. Thanks to the locals, my husband was able to recover HIS wallet and passport after a short chase.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Eiffel Tower: the higher the better if street noise is a problem f...
2 Thank BellaTavares
Dear BellaTavares,

It was such a pleasure to read you feed-back on your stay at Le Walt!
Thank you for your truly wonderful comments.

We are thrilled that our staff was able to give you the service you quite naturally expect from a hotel like ours.

We are glad that you enjoyed our beautiful location, which is indeed perfect and central.

We are very much looking forward to your next stay with us, which hopefully will be very soon!

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The hotel was very centrally located, many cafes and cute shoppes all around. The room we stayed in was very spacious. Every part of the hotel was very clean. The staff went above and beyond to make our stay a wonderful experience and always with a smile. Damian and Peter were always helpful in navigating us to the places we wanted to visit, whether walking or via the metro and again, always with a smile.
We are very pleased with this hotel and will definitely stay at the Le Walt hotel upon our next visit to Paris.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank DHWT
Dear DHWT,

Words can not describe how thankful we are for your beautiful comments!

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions following your recent stay with us at Le Walt on Tripadvisor.

Thank you very much also for your kind words about Damian and Peter (Pierre).

The entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back to Paris soon!