“I loved this hotel (solo traveller)”

Campanile Paris 15 - Tour Eiffel
Ranked #1,579 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I loved staying at this hotel. It was comfortable, easy to get too and the staff were really helpful. It's so central to the Eiffel Tour, restaurants, grocery stores; and the bus station to Gare du Nord is just opposite the hotel. My room was cleaned every day and you get free WiFi, tea/ coffee and biscuits. They have a breakfast service but I didn't use it. I bought food and asked the guys at reception to warm it for me and they gladly did it for me.

I could see the sun every morning when it came out around 10am everyday when I wake up and it was glorious. When you stand on the streets you could see the Eiffel Tower. At night it's just glorious and the streets were very quite.

I know people say that the hotel is small but honestly everything in Paris is small, even the chairs and tables outside the zillion of eateries are way too small and you will see people cramping themselves there and spending a fortune on a small cup of coffee... that's the Paris life.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Dominick S

Reviewed December 25, 2012

The location of the hotel is near Dupleix Station and about 2 blocks away in the main street from the Eiffel Tower. It is also accessible to eateries and groceries. I booked this hotel because I couldn't find any other reasonably priced hotel with a great location.

The staff speaks English and was really kind in offering directions and assistance. There is always a smile on their faces upon our ingress and egress of the hotel vicinity. We liked that guy (I forgot the name) in the reception who took the time to chat with us and even offered us to have some tea with him in the lobby.

The only issue we had is the size of the room and bathroom. Good thing we were on backpacks so we had no problems manuevering our stuff. The bed is comfortable which is a good thing -- it's the thing that you'll look for after walking all day around Paris. Also included in the room are coffee/tea making facilities with biscuits. Wifi is free. Towels and linens are changed everyday.

The hotel needs renovation in the rooms and hallway. I'm not sure if it's really value for money but the next time I'll be in Paris, I'll try to look into some better options.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rachelle_cpa
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed here as part of the Trafalgar "Christmas in Paris" tour. Our room was incredibly small. It required logistical planning for the two of us to move around the room. The bathroom was also small, in fact that shower was a health and safety risk waiting to happen - you had to climb over the toilet to get into the shower and then risked falling out is you turned. Room for storing clothes was minimal so we lived out of suitcases for ten days. Having said that the beds were very comfortable, the room was cleaned every day and the towels and bed linen were changed every day. We were on floor five (room 512) which wasn't too bad for noise. The only lift took three people at most and only one person with luggage. But the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, the breakfast facility was great and the location was superb. The Eiffel Tower was a ten minute walk away, there was a Metro nearby and there were lots of brasserie, restaurants and supermarkets in the neighborhood. Would we stay here again? I don't think so. The minuses outweighed the pluses.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, pay the extra and see if you can get one of the larger rooms at the front...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I enjoyed staying in this hotel. The rooms were quite small- but the beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The staff is friendly. And the location is great. It's walking distance from the Eifel Tower. There are 3 supermarkets nearby ( one on the corner). There are cafes and restaurants everywhere. There was even a fantastic market nearby on one of the days we were there.
This is my third time to Paris and I always stay near in this location. If I return, I would stay here again. Great value.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Booked this as we thought a Campanile hotel would be a safe reasonably priced option. Rooms were nothing like in the pictures, shabby, carpets in the hallways were pretty grubby, our room 605 was tiny, I mean really tiny. After returning from dinner on our first evening, we heard a loud dripping coming from the bathroom, on investigation we found the drip was coming from above the bathroom ceiling. Water was pooling in the ceiling causing it to sag ( I kid you not), when we touched the ceiling the water was sloshing around, and was starting to seep through the edges,we were afraid the ceiling would burst at any moment flooding the room. When we notified reception, the night receptionist (Simon) was incredibly rude, he told us it was not a problem, when we asked to move room he shrugged his shoulders and returned downstairs. We ended up following the leak to the room upstairs to find they had reported a blocked shower but had not had any response from reception. We returned to speak to the receptionist who completely ignored us, tapping away on his computer. Eventually we to spoke to booking.com and moved to another hotel ( at 11.30pm!)
I have never met such rude hotel staff, that man really shouldn't have a job!
We paid a little more to stay at Jardins d'Eiffel which was like heaven in comparison: friendly staff, decent comfortable rooms and an even better location!!!
Seriously don't be fooled by the pictures, avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Janem74uk
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was my first trip to visit Paris and I was just extending a business trip and wanted to see the city. I chose the hotel based on location, price and the reviews. I would say the reviews were spot on. I was alone so I booked a single room and it was tiny--kind of like a cruise ship room. But it was very clean and the bed was comfortable with nice linens. The workers were also friendly and nice. I didn't need a lot of help--I just grabbed a map from the front desk, found where the hotel was on it and was on my way to roam Paris. The walk to the eiffel tower was easy. The hotel also offers a shuttle service to the airport which I took advantage of and was 24 euro for a single person. It offers service to several hotels in the city so make sure to add extra time for stopping at a few places on the way to the airport (I asked ahead of time but others that were on the shuttle didn't realize this). To get to the hotel, I took the Airfrance shuttle bus from the airport to arc d'triumph for 18.50 euro and then a cab to the hotel from there was around 10 euro so cheaper than a taxi all the way but I thought easier to navigate than public transportation. To get around the city, I opted for the hop on/hop off 2 day bus pass that you can buy from the driver right by the tower. It was around 30 euro and gets you to all of the common tourist places. All in all, it was Paris on a budget for just a few days by myself but I still had a fantastic time.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor and wifi service worked perfectly. I don't know if it's any differen...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Heather L
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in August. We arrived in Paris early in the morning an had no trouble checking in over 4 hours early at no extra charge. The hotel is within 5 minutes walk from 2 metro stations and 10-15 mins walk to the eiffel tower.

The rooms are very compact but it's perfect if you are just there to see the sights and need somewhere to stay. It gets boiling hot in the rooms too and the shower is so
Narrow you find yourself banging your elbows a lot!

All in all perfect! Good breakfast selection and friendly staff! Would definitely recommend to anyone as a cheap stop off point in central Paris!

• Stayed: August 2012