“Don't stay here!!!!”

Campanile Paris 15 - Tour Eiffel
Ranked #1,449 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
“Don't stay here!!!!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Booked this as we thought a Campanile hotel would be a safe reasonably priced option. Rooms were nothing like in the pictures, shabby, carpets in the hallways were pretty grubby, our room 605 was tiny, I mean really tiny. After returning from dinner on our first evening, we heard a loud dripping coming from the bathroom, on investigation we found the drip was coming from above the bathroom ceiling. Water was pooling in the ceiling causing it to sag ( I kid you not), when we touched the ceiling the water was sloshing around, and was starting to seep through the edges,we were afraid the ceiling would burst at any moment flooding the room. When we notified reception, the night receptionist (Simon) was incredibly rude, he told us it was not a problem, when we asked to move room he shrugged his shoulders and returned downstairs. We ended up following the leak to the room upstairs to find they had reported a blocked shower but had not had any response from reception. We returned to speak to the receptionist who completely ignored us, tapping away on his computer. Eventually we to spoke to booking.com and moved to another hotel ( at 11.30pm!)
I have never met such rude hotel staff, that man really shouldn't have a job!
We paid a little more to stay at Jardins d'Eiffel which was like heaven in comparison: friendly staff, decent comfortable rooms and an even better location!!!
Seriously don't be fooled by the pictures, avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Janem74uk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was my first trip to visit Paris and I was just extending a business trip and wanted to see the city. I chose the hotel based on location, price and the reviews. I would say the reviews were spot on. I was alone so I booked a single room and it was tiny--kind of like a cruise ship room. But it was very clean and the bed was comfortable with nice linens. The workers were also friendly and nice. I didn't need a lot of help--I just grabbed a map from the front desk, found where the hotel was on it and was on my way to roam Paris. The walk to the eiffel tower was easy. The hotel also offers a shuttle service to the airport which I took advantage of and was 24 euro for a single person. It offers service to several hotels in the city so make sure to add extra time for stopping at a few places on the way to the airport (I asked ahead of time but others that were on the shuttle didn't realize this). To get to the hotel, I took the Airfrance shuttle bus from the airport to arc d'triumph for 18.50 euro and then a cab to the hotel from there was around 10 euro so cheaper than a taxi all the way but I thought easier to navigate than public transportation. To get around the city, I opted for the hop on/hop off 2 day bus pass that you can buy from the driver right by the tower. It was around 30 euro and gets you to all of the common tourist places. All in all, it was Paris on a budget for just a few days by myself but I still had a fantastic time.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor and wifi service worked perfectly. I don't know if it's any differen...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Heather L
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in August. We arrived in Paris early in the morning an had no trouble checking in over 4 hours early at no extra charge. The hotel is within 5 minutes walk from 2 metro stations and 10-15 mins walk to the eiffel tower.

The rooms are very compact but it's perfect if you are just there to see the sights and need somewhere to stay. It gets boiling hot in the rooms too and the shower is so
Narrow you find yourself banging your elbows a lot!

All in all perfect! Good breakfast selection and friendly staff! Would definitely recommend to anyone as a cheap stop off point in central Paris!

• Stayed August 2012
chandigarh, India
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Well..if Visit to Eiffel Tower is in ur agenda..This hotel is close.It is also close to Metro station. Small rooms and small bed. Very helpful and informative people at reception.. Wifi available. Good breakfast and coffee. Good value for money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pps_25april
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I arrived at the hotel and we were checked in by a very friendly and informative receptionist.Our room on the 5th floor, which faced the main street, was small and so was the bathroom but we thought it was ideal, as we had planned a lot of sightseeing and were only in the room when we were sleeping.Although there was no air conditioning, we slept with the windows open and it was a bit noisy but it didn't bother us at all.The location was great,busy during the day and safe at night.The hotel is about 5 mins from Bir-Hakeim metro station and 10 mins from The Eiffel Tower.There was a supermarket right across the street,which was good as the prices were reasonable .I will definitely be using this hotel again as it's a great location,central,easy to travel to and from, anywhere, using the metro or walking.

Room Tip: ask for a front facing room, if you don't mind noise!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank arlene88
Melbourne
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The room was pretty small and felt clean enough. The customer service was a bit hit and miss. One night, the man at reception made a bit of a fuss about asking for a towel because one of ours fell in the toilet. I didn't think it was asking a lot to get a clean towel, be he seemed to be quite inconvenienced by our interrupting his conversation with a friend. The location was alright and was within walking distance from the eiffel tower. I don't think I would stay here again though, I'm sure you can get more for your money in another part of Paris.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very good hotel, perfect location near the Eiffel Tower, aroud 10 minutes and near subway stations Champ De Mars or Bir-Hakeim ( around 5 min). Which is very good value for money! in front of the hotel you can find a supermaket selling basic groceries and wine ;) which you can grab and go to sit in the park around the tower. Once it gets dark, every full hour untill midnight Eiffel Tower is blinking which is very nice. Rooms are tiny, you can barely move there - but this is normal in Paris! However they are very clean and towels have been chaned every day. There is no hairdryer and no aircondition, so it was quite On the check out, guy in the reception gave us very good offer for the shuttle to de Gaul airport, do not forget to ask for some deal, especially if you are big group. I would recommend this hotel for couples and big groups of friends.

Room Tip: Take a room which does not face the street, it can be busy there...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends