“It's just a room in a good location”
Review of Hotel Malar

Hotel Malar
Ranked #937 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The location of this hotel is really nice. That's the best thing I can say about it. It was not a comfortable or pleasant stay. It's a great location and luckily we spent almost no time in our room, otherwise it would have been a very unpleasant stay. The staff was not friendly either, but that's Paris I suppose.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jill l
Reviewed March 30, 2012

The rooms are tiny and the walls are paper thin. The shower is so small you have to shut off the water to get lathered up. The sheets are like sandpaper and are placed on top of a plastic mattress that shake like jello with the slightest movement.
The first day I could here the women across the hall talking like they were in my room. Then last night after I'd finally gotten to sleep they came in at 3:15 and started slamming doors and shouting about plugging in iPhones.
Don't stay here if you have any other choice.

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Jmorin13

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

australia
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Malar a few years ago and choose the hotel for its location & for the cost ($100.42 AUD per night).
The location was great. The hotel was situated in a nice street, very close to the Eiffel Tower which was within walking distance. There were many restaurants located close by. A supermarket and starbucks around the corner.
Breakfast at the hotel was 11euros which I found pricey so didn't bother with. The hotel is small. Room was small but not too small as Ive stayed in smaller hotel rooms. The bathroom was very small. I paid for a single and got a double bed which was two beds pushed together which I was happy with. Room was clean. Also no elevator so be prepared to drag your suitcase up stairs. I found that the photos on web sites made it seem alot nicer than it was if that makes sense.
It is a budget hotel and would I stay there again? Absolutely. I would definately stay again for the location unless something else was available in the same area for the same price.

Room Tip: Just a reminder that there are no elevators so getting a room on the ground floor or 1st might be i...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Izza
Ayr, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 23, 2011

We stayed in the Hotel Malar from the 1st-5th of December 2011 - The Hotel Malar is ideally situated near the Eiffel Tower. Just 10 Minutes walk away in fact. This then opens up the whole of Paris for exploration. The Hotel is small and located on the Rue Malar a small quiet street with a couple of hotels on it. The staff were welcoming and very pleasent during our stay. Indeed when they realised I walk with sticks they offered to move us rooms, but not until 2 days later. We chose to stay put in the room we had, which although small it was adequate for our stay. The bathroom had a very good shower in it and was large enough to be easy for me to manouvere. The walls are paper thin and we could hear every sound our neighbours made! However, we were out from 10:00am till 10:00pm so it was just a place to sleep. Breakfast was extra and at 11 Euros each we felt was a bit overpriced, so we had breakfast out, which was very pleasent indeed. We did feel that for what we got the room was overpriced at 475 Euros for 5 nights room only, inc tourist tax. No english speaking channels on the TV., but we didnt expect any. Overall the experience was very good and we would stay there again.
One bonus-the rooms all have central heating. That was a great plus for me. Would I recommend it?....Yes indeed.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ABW814
Gloucester, VA
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I took my wife on her first trip to Paris and made a reservation at Hotel Malar THREE MONTHS IN ADVANCE. Upon arriving in Paris, we took a shuttle to the hotel only to discover that they were "overbooked"! - No reservation! Why did I even bother making one? Hotel management sent us over to Hotel Le Serre, which is home to the evil dragon manager lady (see reviews!)
Sorry I can't review Hotel Malar - never got to stay there!

Room Tip: Don't bother making reservation - it means nothing
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple