“Quiet hotel in good location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Andre Gill

Hotel Andre Gill
Ranked #1,153 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
New Zealand
“Quiet hotel in good location.”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is a great 2 star hotel in close proximity to buses, Metro and walking distance to Gare Du Nord. We actually arrived in Paris at Gare Montparnasse, with luggage decided it easier to get a taxi, which cost approx. 17 euros. We walked to Gare du Nord (downhill) on our departure which took about 15-20 minutes. If you wish to get to the hotel by Metro, go to Pigalle, on exiting walk straight ahead to intersection, turn left into Rue Martyres, Carrefour will be on your right. Walk up the hill about 50 metres and first on right is Rue Andre Gill. The lane is so small it doesn't feature on a map. Hotel is clean and all required for a budget stay in Paris. It is not a hostel as we imagined (we are both in our 60's). Rooms had a hairdryer, towels, shampoo, soap and wifi in our room. Staff extremely helpful. We did not have breakfast here so can't comment on that.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank polyesterNewZealand

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Haifa, Hefa, Israel
Reviewed September 19, 2013

free wi-fi, nice breakfast, super friendly staff with that helped us and good location (2 min' walk from a metro station). we really enjoyed our stay and when we visit Paris again we'll gladly come back

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Orit_Aviran
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Remember that this is Paris, and all of the budget hotels are small .
Very friendly and helpful staff which is key to a great stay.
The location is wonderful with Montmarte on your door step, and the metro just a short walk away.
The breakfast is basic, but you can go to a more expensive hotel and have no breakfast included at all!
The rooms are clean and comfortable.
We would book again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank johnkitch
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The hotel was clean, quiet (despite the location being near a lot of nightly entertainment), located in one of the best parts of Paris (beautiful Montmarte), had very friendly, responsive and helpful staff. The breakfast was also good. I would recommend it to anyone. The one limitation is that like a lot of Paris it isn't wheelchair accessible. There is an elevator, but it is too small to fit a wheelchair.

Room Tip: Stayed in two different rooms, both were good.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Penelope20132013
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This older hotel is clean, charming and comfortable. it is located on a picturesque cul de sac in Monmartre. My friend and I stayed in room 22 and found it to fit our needs very well. The room was bright, had a small terrace and a renovated bathroom. The bed was comfortable, the shower was always hot and well pressured and when housekeeping came in to clean it always smelled like jasmine. Speaking of Jasmine, one of the hotel's most charming managers was a woman named Jasmine who helped us immensely. She arranged for us to have our pick of rooms after helping us navigate our departure from a dirty and unsightly hotel nearby. She made our stay a pleasure and is the definition of good service. I read one traveler's experience about not accepting a credit card at this hotel--but I paid using a credit card so I am unsure why he could not use his. The only drawback of this hotel may be the dining area. It was so small, very few guests could fit into it at one time. This means that you needed to be a pretty early riser if you did not want to fight the crowds for breakfast as the hotel has 6 floors worth of guests.

Room Tip: The hotel also provided "hostel like rooms" so be sure if this is not your cup of tea to g...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank PenelopeFletcher
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I seriously do not understand why other travelers liked this hotel. I would recommend anybody to stay away from this "hotel" unless he is on a super tight budget.

I arrived in the hotel to find that they do not accept credit cards (WHAT?!). Nobody warned me before I arrived. I had no cash on me and could not get cash anywhere nearby with my Chinese bank card. While i was sorting out how i could get cash i was shown to my room. The standard single room on the top floor. While i appreciated the basin in the room it was as small as a prison cell. I felt really uncomfortable inside and thus despite i will be charged a no-show penalty, I booked myself on another hotel.

The staff was not rude but not very helpful either. I cannot believe there is any "hotel" that does not accept cards. This brought me lots of hassles and stress. As for location, it is rather far from the center and attractions in Paris is rather cluttered around the center. Altho Paris metro is very convenient it's not worth staying that far..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank ryung

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Denver
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Located in Montmartre 18th dsmt. Clean, spare, friendly and helpful staff. Can store luggage. Nearby cash machine, supermarket and great restaurant, la Marmite. Also quiet usually and After 10:00. There is really nothing more to add to previous reviewers, this is my first review and requiring 200 words is unnecessary for me and other readers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo