All reviewssacre coeura family run hotelrestaurants and barsthe hotel staffmetroliftmoulin
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This older hotel is clean, charming and comfortable. it is located on a picturesque cul de sac in Monmartre. My friend and I stayed in room 22 and found it to fit our needs very well. The room was bright, had a small terrace and a renovated bathroom. The bed was comfortable, the shower was always hot and well pressured and when housekeeping came in to clean it always smelled like jasmine. Speaking of Jasmine, one of the hotel's most charming managers was a woman named Jasmine who helped us immensely. She arranged for us to have our pick of rooms after helping us navigate our departure from a dirty and unsightly hotel nearby. She made our stay a pleasure and is the definition of good service. I read one traveler's experience about not accepting a credit card at this hotel--but I paid using a credit card so I am unsure why he could not use his. The only drawback of this hotel may be the dining area. It was so small, very few guests could fit into it at one time. This means that you needed to be a pretty early riser if you did not want to fight the crowds for breakfast as the hotel has 6 floors worth of guests.

Room Tip: The hotel also provided "hostel like rooms" so be sure if this is not your cup of tea to get a room on the 2nd floor with a lovely terrace.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank PenelopeFletcher
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I seriously do not understand why other travelers liked this hotel. I would recommend anybody to stay away from this "hotel" unless he is on a super tight budget.

I arrived in the hotel to find that they do not accept credit cards (WHAT?!). Nobody warned me before I arrived. I had no cash on me and could not get cash anywhere nearby with my Chinese bank card. While i was sorting out how i could get cash i was shown to my room. The standard single room on the top floor. While i appreciated the basin in the room it was as small as a prison cell. I felt really uncomfortable inside and thus despite i will be charged a no-show penalty, I booked myself on another hotel.

The staff was not rude but not very helpful either. I cannot believe there is any "hotel" that does not accept cards. This brought me lots of hassles and stress. As for location, it is rather far from the center and attractions in Paris is rather cluttered around the center. Altho Paris metro is very convenient it's not worth staying that far..

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank ryung
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Located in Montmartre 18th dsmt. Clean, spare, friendly and helpful staff. Can store luggage. Nearby cash machine, supermarket and great restaurant, la Marmite. Also quiet usually and After 10:00. There is really nothing more to add to previous reviewers, this is my first review and requiring 200 words is unnecessary for me and other readers.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Kathy R
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed here at the Andre Gill in April 2013 for over a week. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here for many reasons and I'm going to list few:

Location:
The hotel is located in the beautiful Montmartre region of Paris, and although it is quite a busy place at times the hotel itself is in a beautiful gardened small lane way so there is little to know interference from the sometimes busy nights. Montmartre is also great for everyone, with all kinds of great places to eat and drink all in easy walking distance. There are many specialty shops and also cheap souvenir places. Walk to sights, i.e. sacre coeur, Salvidor Dali museum, art markets, Moulin Rouge, the cemetery and much more! Also close to three stations, easiest being Pigalle. Don't be fooled when people put the area down, despite being close to the Moulin Rouge it's an area for all to appreciate real Parisian life!

Hotel Specific Features:
The hotel has various features to keep you completely comfortable. The room I stayed in (32), may not have been overly big but it was fine! I had my own bathroom, this bathroom was quite small yet it appears newly renovated, fully tiled, clean, shower, toilet, basin, mirror, hair dryer, fresh towels (daily). Also, the bed linen was always very clean and people come and tidy your room, make your bed etc. daily. But if you're uncomfortable with such services you can always ask them not to. You get plenty of power outlets, a desk, chairs, bedside table and lights, etc.

Breakfast:
The hotel provides a complementary breakfast that was fantastic and just what you need to start your day in beautiful France! You're given croissants, bread, jam and butter with an orange juice and tea/coffee. Although the breakfast isn't massive, it's exactly what you need, you won't be disappointed!

Staff:
The staff are very friendly and super helpful! The reception is open 24hrs a day and whoever is working is always willing to answer any quires you may have. In particular there was one man who helped us out many times - Marcel. He booked us cabs, gave us directions, gave advice, restaurant discounts, woke us up if our phone alarm failed and much, much more! There are also unusual member of staff who are often at the reception area; a cat and 1-2 dogs. These pets are very friendly and certainly made me feel more at home.

Price:
Fantastic for what you get, as listed above.

Overall, this place is a wonderful gem that I was blessed to discover in Paris. If you're looking for somewhere that's out of the bustling crowds and ridiculously priced city centre accommodation I would HIGHLY recommend this place. I've been traveling all around Europe for a very long time and I rate this at the top!

Room Tip: Any room facing the small cul-de-sac (Andre Gill) will be great in terms of a pretty and quite surrounding. If you can get a room close to the bottom of the building that would be best as no one loves stairs and the lift is quite small due to the age of the building.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Emily M
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The location is fine because it's close to a metro station, but it's not safe at night. The bedrooms were really warm and confortable. The bathroom too. The breakfast was a bread, a croissant, butter, jam, orange juice, tea and coffe. It's the same breakfast always, but it's a good portion. They have cats and dogs in the Hotel, which can be a problem for alergic people. They don't have a laundry, but they indicate one close to the hotel

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends