All reviewssacre coeura family run hotelrestaurants and barsthe hotel staffmetroliftmoulin
Reviewed June 13, 2012

So we accidentally booked the wrong night and didn't have anywhere to stay for the one night. The staff were not very helpful except for one staff member marceal. The owners son insulted me by telling me that my country was ugly and then after asking if i was with someone I said yes with a boy he proceeded to help a bunch of French girls instead even though I had been waiting for ages. They charged us €5 per bag to store them there for the night while we wandered the street. Our bathroom then flooded. No discount was offered no apology. Luckily the location was great and we were right in the middle of Montmartre and had better things to do at the time then winge.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 31, 2012

What a lovely experience in such a lovely part of Paris. The Hotel Manager was very kind and let us check in early and even have breakfast the day we arrived. Staff were friendly and happy to help out any time of day/night.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I went to this hotel in the beginning of February with my girlfriend and it was great from the beginning. Friendly staff, small but decent breakfast, very close to two metro stations which is awesome.

It's about 7 metro stops from the arc de triomph and 10 from the eiffel tower. Each stop is about a minute and a half away from each other. So the city is very accessible from the hotel.

However, I found the area around our hotel to be way cooler and much less touristy. We went to a bar up the street and were the only Americans in the place, it was cool.

The area is called montmartre/pigalle and a short walk from the hotel up some steps was a beautiful view of the city and a nice square lit up with blue lights.

I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay with my girlfriend in Paris.

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank Lukecifer858
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Unless you are on a very tight budget and staying for one night only, I would not stay here. Yes, the location is good in the middle of Montmartre, but I'm sure there are better places than this. I did not trust the cleanliness of ANYTHING -- you couldn't PAY me to walk barefoot on the floor, I wore sandals in the TINIEST BATHROOM I've ever seen, and I was tempted to put toilet paper on the toilet seat "just in case."

They make you pay in cash, which is rather inconvenient (and sketchy) and they make you turn in your room key before you leave. They claim the front lobby where the keys are kept are always under surveillance, but they are not. Also, they don't check your ID; you just tell them what room you're in and they hand you the key, no questions asked. SKETCHY.

Like I said, if it's for one night and you're on a budget, go for it. If more than one night and you can spend a little more, don't stay here.

Room Tip: don't stay here.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Elizabeth L
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed Aug 2009; Monmartre District

Long story short: this hotel cheated us by charging a hugely inflated (I'd say 3times what it was worth) price. They would only accept cash, which made me suspicious of their intentions. When I arrived home one evening, my key was missing and the owner couldn't locate it - said she had given it to someone. I went to my room and found the maid there not doing anything related to her job. Certainly not making up the room.
The room was basic the service poor and the bathroom was cramp and barely usable.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends