Let me start off by warning you on many reasons why you should not stay here. There is not a single thing i enjoyed about this hostel and it will ruin your Paris trip entirely. Here is a list of the terrible things that took place:
1) Upon arriving, a group of 4 people came up to us and warned us not to stay at the hostel. We were waiting to check in and had pre-booked so there was no chance of pulling out but this made us scared. We saw her crying at reception to get her money back for the rest of her booking because of a major bug problem in their room and they wanted to find a new place. Took them forever to give it back even when they said they'd call the police.
2) 5 levels and no elevator...not fun.
3) No sanitary bins for toilets so very disgusting smells and no sink to wash your hands in.
4) The pipe in our room broke and we told reception, the man came up and said "no, no it's fine", chucked a towel toward it and left...IT WAS A LEAKING PIPE!
5) They would kick everyone out of their rooms from 11am - 3:30pm everyday for cleaning and maintenance. This was ridiculous. No time to sleep in and if you wanted to go back and get something there was no chance of it.
6) The included breakfast is horrible. 2 tokens for 2 vending machines: one filled with the same thing in each ring (chocolate croissants - the kind you buy at the supermarket in bulk packs for $2) and the other was a coffee machine. Blegh.
7) The girl staying in our room said her bag had been tampered with during when cleaning took place so that's a bit dodgy...
8) Staff were very rude and unaccomodating. Came home one night at midnight and it's 24/7 reception. Rang the bell so many times before 20 mins later staff comes down from the hostel rooms followed by a girl staying in the hostel...and they looked pretty out of it. I came in and told him how disappointed i was and he got mad at me. I was pretty shocked. Made me perceive French people as the stereotype.
9) Only get one key card per room. So had to wake up people when coming back into the room at night.
10) Walls were super thin, could hear everything other people were listening to or when talking.
11) Curtain rod fell on us when we opened the window and even the cleaners didn't fix it they just left it there so we had to put up with it for our stay.
There is not one thing i liked about this hostel. It is horrible and not worth the money. I recommend paying an extra 10EUR/night more just to stay somewhere not like this place.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Hostel Blue Planet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostel Blue Planet Hotel Paris