“Charged twice!”
Review of Lucky Youth

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Lucky Youth
Ranked #106 of 190 Specialty Lodging in Paris
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This place seems dodgy. A one bedroom apartment with 10 beds in it! You have to meet at a cafe as they have no reception. It took nearly 40 minutes before I could actually get through to them on the phone and arrange for them to meet me. I then had to wait another 20 minutes before they arrived. I booked on Hostelbookers but then the hostel would not allow me to give different credit card details for payment. After my stay I received an email asking why I had never paid for my stay. I then replied telling them I had actually been charged twice. This is the only reply I have received from them:

"hey that’s creazy! is it really true?

of course you should be reumbursed if you paid twice.

I have found ONE ticked with your paymen not...can’t find the second...

sorry I have nothing to earn in this, I’m not the big boss here."

They won't even send me an invoice which would allow me to make a claim through my credit card provider.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Andrew B

Reviewed July 18, 2013

After not coming to pick me up at the place where they were supposed to, they still charged my credit card. After waiting for months for a refund, I got this email from them :` We are really busy but yes soon I will take the time to do it, not because I’m scared of the authorities, nobody would do anything...` . Do you want to have to deal with this sort of stuff? If yes, then go ahead and book a room asap.

Room Tip: Do not go there.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank Icarus247
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My stay there was fine. No problems. But when I got home, they didn't charge my credit card for 8 months. I sent them an email notifying them and asking if there has been a mistake within a few weeks. It took them MONTHS to get back to me, accusing me that I hadn't paid (When I checked into the hostel, they told me they had all the information they needed to just charge my credit card) and gave no good explanation for the error. The whole situation was handled in a way that was really unprofessional and they never even apologized to me for the fact that it took so long for them to get their act together. There's just something really sketchy about this place and this whole scenario. I wouldn't recommend it!! There are so many hostels in Paris you might choose, don't stay at this one!!

Room Tip: Just don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank Erinheff
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

After paying a deposit to stay here, we arrived in Paris and called the hostel to come get us so that we could check in, only to here that because we didn't 'confirm' our booking was no longer available. Instead they moved us across town to a dingy hotel that had one shower for 25 bedrooms. We also payed a deposit with the hostel and this did not apply for the hotel. Not at any stage were we told that we had to confirm our booking, as far as we were concerned a deposit is a confirmation.

People do yourselves a favour and do not stay here, they cannot simple move your booking. In my eyes it's simply poor management who were covering up there mistake by blaming us.

This hostel is a reminder that you should not book on hostel bookers!

• Stayed: June 2013
7  Thank Reneealyce
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I've been to 38 countries and stayed in 50-60 hostels.

This place was horrible. They left me waiting downstairs at the train station for over an hour. I was upset to learn when someone FINALLY arrived that the hostel was upstairs right around the corner.

And it's not really a hostel, it's a small apartment with dorm beds in the living room stacked 3 high.

Kitchen is extremely small, dorm beds shake when the other two guest move/climb/roll over, and the TV didn't work.

The manager (a woman with dark hair, don't remember her name) was SO rude. I know French people have the reputation for being rude sometimes, but she was actually the only rude person I experienced in France. She showed up at 11:30pm one night with her dog, woke everyone up, and asked for pictures (marketing). She seemed angry and was very rude - actually the worst hostel manager I've ever met. I hope she is gone.

The only positives about this place: price, small distant view of Eifel Tower if you stick your head out of the window, proximity to food and train station, and that's it.

Not only would I not stay there again (even if it was free), I feel an obligation to warn others.

The owner of this hostel needs to clean house and get this place back in order. Yuck.

BTW Paris was awesome. People were nice, it's safe, and you need at least a week.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank Mike B
Reviewed May 16, 2013

After being met at Montparnasse station I was taken to the apartment (they only took about 3 minutes to find me). There is a code to get into the building and my apt was on the 14th floor and so the view was amazing! Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower you could see it all. The apt was a €1.70 metro journey each way, cheaper if you buy a return obviously. On the last day I walked back to the apt from the river in about 30mins, a nice stroll through the Jardin de Luxembourg is an easy thing to do. The room was good and suited me perfectly as I stayed for 3 nights and was on an interrailers budget. (TIP- if you go to Versailles use your interrail ticket to get there, saves you a 7.50 round trip). A great place to stay and would defo return! Jacob from Sheffield. X

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is a great hostel. You are really getting your money's worth. The management and administration is great and extremely friendly. They are very willing to help accommodate you. There is plenty of room so you don't have to worry about it being overcrowded. There is a fully stocked kitchen, hot showers, (with the option to take a bath) there is multiple wifi routers, a computer and a big flat screen television with movies and tv shows downloaded on it for your entertainment. The atmosphere is fantastic. The moment we arrived we instantly hit it off with the other people staying there and even went out for drinks together. The manager Eloise is an amazing woman. She is so funny and nice. She had me cracking up on the phone. She really went out of her way to make sure I enjoyed my stay in Paris. I am from New York and have never been to Paris and she gave me the most simple and easy directions to the place. It is located in the center of the city. The view is also amazing. The room overlooks the entire city with a clear view of the Eiffel Tower. If you email management and let them know approximately what time you will be arriving they will send someone to meet you at the train station and show you to your room. The intern Gosia came to the apartment everyday just to check in on us and see if we needed anything. She was really friendly and stayed for a while just to hang out. At many other hostels I have stayed at I simple use it for a place to sleep but I found myself coming back to the room early just to chill with the other people who were staying in the hostel as well. Honestly it's a great hostel with great people and I would highly recommend it. Also one of the wifi passwords is hilarious.

• Stayed: April 2013