“Lovely boutique & great location”

Hotel le Bellechasse
Ranked #186 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed December 24, 2013

The hotel is typical of central Parisian boutiques. About 20 rooms in total, all with distinct character and soundproofed. Also, the rooms are relatively spacious by Parisian standards. Staff is friendly and made some delicious dining recommendations.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel le Bellechasse

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I have booked a stay at Hotel Le Bellechase on a travel website for a "book now pay later" reservation. My credit card was charged immediately when the guidelines did not state that. I have contacted the hotel and they told me that I was charged at a discount rate which was not stated AT ALL in the guidelines. I have now escalated the charges with my credit card company.
Its unfortunate because I hear wonderful things about this hotel but if they are not willing to offer what was advertised then I will have to stay elsewhere.

Today, as I was searching for hotel stays in the area, I noticed that Hotel Le Bellechasse is still advertising BOOK NOW PAY LATER on the American Express Travel website. This is in the least false advertisement and also illegal. So if you are going to make a reservation at this hotel be sure that you know you will have to pay for the hotel immediately because there are no book now or pay later options.

As a hotel, I would think they would honor my reservation and request but they refused multiple times which tells me that they do not have great customer service.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Shanywany
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This hotel was fantastic. A great find in Paris - the location was amazing. It's just a few steps from Musee D'Orsay and a quick 15 minute walk to the Louvre, etc. The room was quirky and fun and, although small, was perfect and just for what we needed. Yes, there isn't a whole lot right around the hotel in terms of night life but again, just a quick walk to more lively areas. The museum is closed on Mondays so it's quite dead. The staff was lovely and very accomodating in helping with dinner reservations and getting taxis. I found this hotel through Orbitz and Trip Advisor and highly recommend it. I would stay here again if/when back in Paris!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The drawback first: There is not a single appealing bar anywhere near this place if you want to have a quick drink or a night cap - you need to walk at least 20 minutes to see somewhat busy bars in the evening, and the hotel bar isn't a hit either.

But the hotel itself is fully recommended. I had a nice and comfortable beautifully designed room in which I immediately felt at home. Mine had a semi-open shower and separate toilet.

Very friendly staff. Free WiFi. Ipod docking station. Quiet street. Everything you expect from a little boutique hotel like this.

I didn't have breakfast so cant comment on it but during the day there are some cafes around the neighborhood where you can get your morning coffee and croissant.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gsh_1975
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This beautifully decorated boutique hotel by French designer Christian Lacroix is situated in a cozy neighborhood footsteps away from Musée d'Orsay and the Seine River. We loved the plethora of restaurant options within walking distance and being centrally located. We easily crossed the river to the Louvre and it was a 15-20 minute walk to some of the major tourist attractions such as the Champs-Élysées. It was a 30 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower.

The hotel had a very romantic, coxy feeling and great for couples on a romantic getaway. Recommend booking through Jetsetter as you can score a better deal. I would definitely come back and stay at this hotel again.

The females at the reception desk team wasn't nearly as friendly and helpful as the male staffers. While we loved our room located in the courtyard, the window blinds did not allow for complete privacy. There were gaps within the blinds so you could easily see peek inside.

Room Tip: While we loved our room located in the courtyard, the window blinds did not allow for complete priva...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Missruelalatraveler
Reviewed November 3, 2013

A half-block from the Musee d'Orsay,Le Bellechasse is a botique stylishly designed hotel where the rooms are minuscule but the staff offers maximum service. Whether it was changing my room to accomodate my request for a shower, making restaurant reservations, or printing out directions and explaining transportation options, they were always done with patience and consideration for my comfort. Now, if only the owner(s) would bring back the architect to enlarge the roomns then Le Bellechasse would be perfect.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We booked a room here from JetSetter and it made our romantic getaway. The rooms are works of art which is befitting since it a 100m from Muse d'Orsay and 1 block from the Seine. 20 minute walk to Tour D'Effiel and Notre Dame (it is in the middle) and Le Louvre is just across the Seine. Very helpful and courteous staff. Our room was on the 6th floor with a great view of the garrets of the city. It felt like we were in a movie !

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple