“10th wedding anniversary”

Hotel le Bellechasse
Ranked #191 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed March 8, 2013

lovely hotel, small but very well laid out/ appointed rooms.
friendly staff.
great location (in saint germain) for the louvre and notre dame, and a nice distance to walk along the river to the eiffel tower.

Room Tip: from the choices of - discovery, original or privilege we chose the middle of the road 'original...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank anotherstan

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is my second time here within the past 6 months. The staff is helpful, courteous and showed me great kindness after my Mother passed away here in Paris in September of 2012. Anything I needed, was efficiently handled with a smile: Jerome, who is part of the afternoon/evening staff, is a gentleman, while Christelle and Iaona were always ready with a smile to say Bonjour or Bonsoir! The rooms are on the smaller side but that is very typical of hotel rooms in Europe, no surprise there. The decor is fun and funky but the beds are comfortable, there's always plenty of hot water for showering, the hotel cleaning staff makes sure the hotel is spotless and the rooms are clean with fresh towels (I would always suggest leaving a couple of Euro on your pillow for the staff, they truly appreciate it) Need something printed?? No problem! Need a taxi, they're on it! The location can't be beat as the 7th and particularly, this area of the 7th, is within easy walking distance to many sights including - Les Jardins Tuilerie & the Louvre, they're within steps of the Musee D'Orsay, and lots of restaurants close by. The Breakfast Express is a good deal for 10 Euro you get a hot drink of your choice, a fresh pressed orange juice, a small basket of breads (pan au chocolat, croissant and a small french baguette) and a yogurt too!

Room pricing - yes it's on the expensive side but you get what you pay for: in this case, good service & great location.

As an aside, I would always suggest that learning a few key phrases in any country you go to, including "I'm sorry my "insert language here" is not that great but I'm trying" will get you a lot farther than assuming everyone speaks English.

Merci a tout les personnel de l'Hotel de Bellechasse: J'ai hâte d'y retourner la prochaine fois!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 15, 2013

A member of the small luxury hotels of the world, we were a little concerned to book here given some comments about small rooms, and fading decor etc. It's not as if Paris is short of good options. But we were very happy with this hotel, which is literally a stone's throw from the musee d'orsay, and a comfortable walk from St Germain des pres. The original room we were offered had a free standing bath in the middle of the bedroom; whilst very "modern", this was going to lead to flooding come shower time, so we got a room with a more conventional sink/ bath area- though the boutique designer concept means that little about the rooms is "conventional". The bed was extremely comfortable, and the hotel was very quiet. The heating/ air con worked, and the room temperature could therefore be effectively controlled. The staff couldn't do enough, and the breakfast was excellent. A very good place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank welsh73
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here with a friend and our young babies and nothing was too much trouble for the staff here, who made our stay as relaxing as possible and created a fun, friendly atmosphere. The hotel is in a great location, and was good value.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Katherine D
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is located in the center and it is very stylish.. The rooms are different from each other and they are unique and original. The location is very quiet and residential, the only negative aspect is that the rooms are too small. However, I would recommend this hotel in Paris.

• Stayed: December 2012
4  Thank Marco M
Reviewed December 22, 2012

The decor is rather overwhelming and to my taste a bit claustrophobic. It makes what are quite small rooms seem even smaller. The position is superb. The staff,on the whole but not universally, we're very friendly and helpful especially given my family and I bowled up some difficult issues.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 69Armstrong
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights in October and loved it. The rooms were decent sized by European standards, the bed was very comfortable, and the bathrooms nicely appointed. The staff were very friendly, and extremely helpful. The room rate was very reasonable for the quality of the experience.

The location is perfect for touring. My wife was six months pregnant during our visit, and we walked everywhere. This was my first trip to Paris, and while I seriously considered opting for a 5-star hotel, I'm glad we chose this place instead. We saved a significant amount of money, and I don't think our experience could have been much better.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eric T
Laurence G, Directeur général at Hotel le Bellechasse, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2015

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the hotel le Bellechasse Saint Germain.

We are all delighted to read that you did enjoy your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you again in Paris.

Best regards,

The entire team of the hotel le Bellechasse Saint Germain.