“Fantastic Honeymoon in Paris on News Years Eve!”
Review of Hotel Lotti Paris

Hotel Lotti Paris
Ranked #1,031 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
New Jersey
“Fantastic Honeymoon in Paris on News Years Eve!”
Reviewed February 3, 2010

The hotel is in a great location- right near the Louvre and we were able to walk to all other attractions as well, such as the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame Cathedral. The hotel was clean, and the staff were friendly and spoke English. My only complaint is that the maid service comes into the room while you are gone to clean even if you put the "do not disturb" sign on your door. The cab from the Charles De Gaulle Airport to this part of the city is about $65 Euro, so be prepared for that. Also, a good tip to know in Paris Restaurants is that the tip is generally already included in the price- you'll see "prix fixe" toward the bottom of the check. You do not need to leave a separate tip from the price on the check. Paris is very expensive in general, know the price of everything before you order it- for example we paid $8 Euro for a glass of coke which is about $12 USD! Paris is wonderful- it's my favorite city! You'll love it.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveler640

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Greek first
London
Reviewed January 19, 2010

I was well looked after and had a comfortable room with plenty of space and the staff were universally helpful and charming.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

1 Thank Marion60
new paltz
Reviewed December 16, 2009

More than 25 years ago, I spent several weeks at the charming Hotel Lotti Paris. When I walked into the lovely lobby last week, I felt like I was truly returning home. This special place is less than a block from the Jardin des Tuileries and an easy walk to the Louvre and all the fine shops on the Rue du Faubourg St. Honore. Our room was beautifully decorated in muted yellow tones, with balcony doors that opened for fresh air and a perfectly appointed bathroom. The service staff is excellent and eager to assist guests in English, French and Italian. I will happily return again... hopefully much sooner than 25 years!

Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank kadrew
ireland
Reviewed October 20, 2009

I stayed in the Lotti for 3 nights with a friend of mine in October 2009 for a long weekend break. I couldn't recommed this hotel highly enough. The staff were friendly and efficient. The decor and rooms were beautiful and the location is very central. I would definitely stay in the Lotti again should I return to Paris

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed September 29, 2009

This is my fourth stay at the Lotti, which my husband and I generally find to be a pleasant, conveniently located, good value for the price, hotel. During our last stay we had some issues with not getting the level room we had booked and then having some issues with the room we did get (safe would not work, bathroom kept flooding, electricity had to be reset several times). I wrote the manager and received a very kind offer of a free stay for 3 nights on our next visit. We took him up on it and we were not disappointed. We got a very nice room and a very nice welcome and the hotel has definitely redeemed itself in our eyes. The only negatives I would say are the high prices for services such as internet (lobby internet -- like everyone else, I cannot get the room internet to work correctly) and laundry and the fact that the breakfast is really nothing at all special. But overall, I still find this hotel a good value in a great location and would stay there again upon return to Paris. The concierges are particularly helpful as well and there are lots of good restaurants and sites and shopping in the neighborhood -- and it is very convenient to the metro.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank penbelwest
Michigan
Reviewed July 22, 2009

I have stay for business and leisure at the Lotti hotel. The staff is always very attentive and accommodating. I had a deluxe room which was very large with a beautiful marble bathroom. Breakfast is always good. I never eat at the restaurant for dinner, since there are so many restaurant choices in the area. The hotel has an bar with an amazing glass ceiling and also has a piano player on certain evenings. Great stay and great location with great shopping nearby, close to metro and the Louvre.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank francetraveltrekker
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2009

I stayed for one night at the Jolly Lotti Hotel. The positive aspects of the hotel are:
1) A great location in the centre of Paris - relatively close to all the major sites
2) Fairly large rooms and bathrooms. The rooms have a kind of faded glory about them. Large paintings, large ornate mirrors. Though one does feel a coat of paint would not go a miss
3) Good buffet breakfast

The less than positive aspect is that the hotel appears to have just had a refurbishment. This is not obvious to the naked eye - but has played havoc with the plumbing system. I found this one out when awaking after a late arrival to use the bathroom. The bathroom consisted of a bath with a wall shower and a hand held shower. The first problem was that though the tap for wall shower was on the wall there was no shower head - and hence no wall shower! Never mind there was always the bath. Here is where the problems start. The water that came out though hot was brown with rust etc. It was quite disgusting. I complained to reception who did not seem overly bothered. This is when I was advised though of the refurbishment. The engineer was called and after about 10 minutes work the water situation was fixed - though sadly too late for me to make use of it.

The moral of the story is if you choose to stay in this hotel please check the plumbung when you arrive and not on your first morning.

Having travelled to Paris on many ocassions I think there are better hotels than this one that are better value for money.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business