“Absolute garbage”

Ranked #1,596 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Absolute garbage”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

The staff are horrifically rude. When I first arrived I thought I had entered the house of Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs, the hotel was an absolute tip!
We arrived early, left our belongings at the reception, then went to explore the sights of Paris, this was great. when we arrived back we were given the keys to a hellish room. When I say hellish, I mean HELLISH..... The mirror was broken, light bulbs didn't work, in fact, the only light came from a floodlight shining in from the hotel facade. The bedsheets were soiled, this was below par for a homeless shelter, let alone an expensive hotel! We told the staff that the room was unacceptable and demanded a better room, we were given one, but there were other guests staying in the room! I'm not even kidding. Finally we were given a slightly better room.... The key didn't work though. No apologies, just rude, beligerent staff. This hotel is thoroughly horrible, and it takes very little to impress me. I couldn't turn around in the shower either. I give this hotel a big fat 0 stars, and if I could award negative points, I definitely would, both for the awful rooms and the horrible people who work there.
My advice to travellers is that you would do better to save your money and sleep rough! Anything is better than this dive and the hellish people that work here! If the staff are reading, here are a few words to describe the hotel, môche, degeulassse, hideux, odieux.....

NEVER STAY HERE, it is truly awful!!! The location is ok, but it is near the disgusting Montparnasse tower, so no that great really. Please read this review and trust what I say, I couldn't believe what I had walked into!

Room Tip: Al of the rooms are awful, we stayed in 3!!!
Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Struan e

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed September 17, 2011

While this is a great location, the room was bad-sheets weren't clean, etc.

I had a dispute over my bill, I talked to the desk several times and someone was always going to call me tomorrow. They wouldn't respond to emails either.

Avoid this dump.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank eo440

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

London
Reviewed July 18, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for two nights last week.

On arriving (at around 13.30) the door was locked. A cleaning lady who spoke neither French, English, German, or Italian, eventually let us in and returned a few minutes later with someone who I assume was a receptionist. She was dressed for lounging around in front of the television and her demeanour was similarly casual. She checked us in without offering assistance with baggage or showing us up to our room.

The room itself was tiny; by far the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in. There was less than a foot of space between the end of the bed and wall. The decor was of very poor quality and rather dated. The shower was so small that I (pretty normal sized guy in my twenties) was unable to shower without constantly banging into the walls and turning the shower off. The safe didn't work. However, contrary to some other reports, the room was at least clean.

We went down and asked the (now present) hotel manager if we could change as our room was far too small. He replied cheerfully 'of course it's small - it's the smallest room in the hotel!'. After that we gave up on trying to improve the situation. All our interactions with staff were, to say the least, unsatisfactory. They were, to a man, unhelpful and surly. I was left with the distinct impression that they felt they were doing me a favour by taking my money.

In summary:

Positives:
- Good air conditioning.
- Very central location.
- Room was clean.
- Very cheap.
- Free WiFi, which was decent.

Negatives:
- Smallest room I've ever seen.
- Poor standard of decor and finish.
- Shower so small it was verging on unusable.
- Desperate to get out of the hotel as soon as we woke up; dreaded going back in the evening.

Room Tip: Avoid room 45. And all the others too if you can help it.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
West Orange, New Jersey
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Small but comfortable room with air-conditioning. Shower with good water pressure. A satisfying breakfast with good coffee and great breads. Close to three metro stations and a train station too. Great selection of restaurants in the neighborhood.

Who goes to Paris to hang out in a hotel might be somewhat disappointed but that was not us.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2010

Everyone says Parisian hotels are expensive for what you get, and this was certainly that. We paid €240 per night for a single night here on business. I would certainly warn people paying anymore than €70 not to expect much at all for your money.

The Lobby area is nice, and so is the breakfast area, but the room was very old fashioned, with mouldy limescaled bathroom / shower, stained bedsheets, stained toilet and shower curtain, and just about enough room to walk about in. Walls are very thin and I was woken numerous times by people coming and going.

I would not return.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
College Station, Texas
Reviewed September 15, 2010

This is a disgrace to the entire hotel industry around the world. I stayed in the hotel for four nights in September 2010. Had I not pre-paid for the room, I would definitely have walked out. The room was a shoebox. Only a kid could fit in the shower. They cheated on shuttle fare from the hotel to airport. The telephone was dead for my entire stay; the manager just didn't do anything about it. I had to buy an alarm clock (they didn't have any in the room) for wake-up call.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank IChoudhury
Lille
Reviewed June 1, 2010

The worse hotel in Paris.
the staff very very rude, shouting to the clients.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends