“Disappointing”

Ranked #618 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Seville, Spain
“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

The room I got had no closet, minimum space to move around, the bathroom was very small and the shower uncomfortable and sent water flying all over the place, since the pane to block it was too small. They also have this system of background music playing really loud in the hallways and every night around 11pm had to call the receptionist and ask to turn it off. The breakfast had very little variety and also have some unsavory staff. On the other hand, the location is very good and the beds very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank mssl0
MarieTrouiller, Directeur général at MonHotel Lounge & Spa, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear mss10,

Thank you for the time you spent to report your positive and negative points about your stay.

You had a Premium room, the first room level, 15m² with just enought space to move around the bed. We used to recommend this type of room for a two nights stay max. The wardrobe is as big as the room is, just enought for a two nights stay: 1m².

I am really sorry about what happen in the bathroom, there is a way to lock the shower head and if you set it on the other side, it is unstable.

I took good note that you would expect a wide range of products for breakfast. Our breakfast policy is providing hight quality, fresh and home made products to our guests. We used to seek quality not variety but we will work on this expectation.

Once again, thank you for your comment, it helps us to increase the level of service every day.
Regards,

Marie Trouiller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Mold, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed in Mon hotel for 3 nights in february 2013. Hotel was very clean and tidy and an ideal place to stay while visiting paris. The staff are very helpful and friendly. Their English was very good also which is very helpful. Very central location for visiting all the main tourist attractions. 2 minutes walk from the metro which is great for getting around. I would stay there again and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed at Mon Hotel from 30 Dec to 5 Jan. I have been to Paris many times and usually stay in the Marais area. We chose to stay at the Mon on this occasion due to close proximity to Champs Elysees and Eiffel Tower. For this reason, the location was great. The two metro stops close to the hotel , the Charles de Gaulle etoile and Argentine were very convenient to the hotel and the Argentine line connected to all the main stops (concorde, tulleries, opera, louvre, hotel de ville).
There was not a lot of contact with hotel reception staff however, most of the staff we came across were pleasant. Unfortunately, we did have one unpleasant encounter with an extremely rude and arrogant male staff member. We were basically accused of double booking and not cancelling one of our bookings which eventually they worked out was not the case. I would have expected a sorry and possibly a complimentary drink but no, we had a very straight to the point phone call advising the cancellation had been found. I have never been shouted out by a hotel staff member before so this was a definite turn off. Would i stay at the hotel again - a definite no. So many friendlier places to stay whilst in such a great city.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MarieTrouiller, Directeur général at MonHotel Lounge & Spa, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Madam,

You made two bookings: one starting the day of your arrival, the other one starting one day after your arrival. Upon your check in, you explained us you did not need the other room and already cancelled it. Since you made this booking with an internet distributor, we recommend you to cancel the booking as soon as possible in order to avoid penalty fees because we did not receive any cancellation from them.

We did understand you had a terrible trip and we would have been pleased to do it for you but in this case, the distributors do not allowed the hotel to cancel any booking on the guest’s behalf.

You called the website and they confirmed they did not receive your cancellation.

It is really unfair to say that we did not offer you a complimentary drink, once you were in your room, the bar manager came with two glasses of champagne but you told him the only thing you wanted was to leave the place.

When I greets you the day after, you told me everything was okay.
So I do not understand the mean of this such bad comment.

Yours sincerely,
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I wanted to take my sister to Paris and chose this hotel for us. The hotel has a chic boutique feel and is well kept. Check In was very quick as well as Check Out. The room was small, which I expected since we are in Europe where space is a premium. My sister and I were able to walk around the bed, but when we put our carryons down on the floor, it was tight. The bathrooms were well done and housekeeping did a great job. I also thought the bed was very comfortable. I chose the hotel because of its location. It is right by the Arc which makes most of the metro lines easily accessible. Also there is a little marche where we would buy bottles of water and fruit for snacks. We only used the hotel to rest since we were so busy running around Paris. I would recommend this hotel to people, but it was a little bit on the pricy side when I booked so try to find good deals on Gilt.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ZHSZE
Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 10, 2013

this boutique hotel was very decently priced, with a perfect location, and great design!!! we also loved the small but well equipped gym! you are literally steps away from the arc de triomphe. The staff was very helpful. I will note that the rooms were much smaller than we had expected from the pictures and ended up opting to pay more once we got there to change to a larger room.

Room Tip: choose a larger room if available, they are tiny!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 683annj
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed at Mon Hotel in December 2012 for 3 nights and we were pleasantly greeted upon arrival. It is a charming boutique hotel walking distance from the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Élysées. The room was a good size for European standards and the bed comfortable.

However, I left a Do Not Disturb sign on the door handle after our first night there and upon our return in the evening, I noticed the sign was not on the door handle anymore and the room had been clearly cleaned. What is the purpose of leaving a DND signage if housekeeping is going to come in anyway?? As I was getting ready for bed, I realized that not only housekeeping had come in when they were not supposed to, but my ear plugs had been thrown out. I had left them on the night stand with my sleep mask. I was travelling with a heavy snorer (read, snore like a truck is passing down the street) and I could not sleep without them. I called the front desk and they didn't have any ear plugs. They admitted that housekeeping has made a "boulette" (a mistake), but that was all. I did not sleep at all that night and I spoke to someone at the front desk about it in the morning. Having worked myself in hotels, I did not expect a rebate or monetary gain, but I simply wanted them to care, which they clearly didn't. A simple apology card would have been sufficient.

Would I go back to this hotel? Not at all. Would I recommend it? Nope.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
monhotelparis, Directeur général at MonHotel Lounge & Spa, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Karine,
I present myself the new Manager, and would like to apologize on behalf of the 2012 team the different mishaps during your stay and a completely understandable feeling of not being recognized. I assure you we have been working hand in hand since my arrival to better our services and organization so that these kind of experiences do not happen again. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, I would like to offer a new opportunity to stay with us and have you see the difference, where Mon hotel becomes "yours". kind regards Elsa manager@monhotel.fr
Havant, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I didn't realise this was a "boutique " hotel, I booked it thinking it was a traditional hotel, having cancelled a similar hotel in favour of this one.
I must say I prefer the traditional style hotel. Although I think if I was an affair then this might be my choice! I really don't know what to say about this hotel ...

Didn't have breakfast because its far too expensive.

The bedding was huge, but not overly comfortable, the duvet synthetic and heavy.

The decor is amazing, the light are every colour except white.

Bit overdone on the scented candles as you enter the hotel.

Staff are very helpful, and refreshingly friendly.

Great location.

Would I stay again, no it's not my idea of a hotel, would I recommend it, yes, but with reservations.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple