“I will never fo there again!”
Review of Kyriad Brancion

Kyriad Brancion
Ranked #1,496 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed November 11, 2011

My husband and I normally stay in this area because my in-laws live nearby. We've booked this hotel for the very first time as the Ibis where we usual go was booked out. As soon as we entered, I noticed that the floors where covered in dust. The elevator is very dirty and extremely small. The room was extremely small and dirty, so was the bathroom. The best was on the way out when the cleaning lady candidly asked us whether our little dacsy went on the bed, because if he did, she would have washed the blanket, otherwise forget about it... :-(

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 23, 2011

Friendly staff, cheap rates, close to some good restaurants, supermarket, bakeries, etc. Free internet, with 2 computers in the lobby.
Only negative was the rooms were a bit small and it was a few stops on the metro into the city.
Would stay again!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2011

I'll state from the outset - my camera was stolen in this hotel and I quite strongly suspect a cleaner. However, angry as I was, I don't want this to be a useless review, so I'll be as honest as possible.

Went to stay here as it was cheap and was on a sightseeing trip with friends.
Rooms were not ready on arrival - it was at this point that I set my camera down for a short period of time in the lobby and it disappeared. The staff all maintained that there 'never was a camera' and the cleaner I suspected (she was right near where I left it) insisted that I had left it on the Metro (tube). The manager was very rude, angry and unhelpful (though the other staff tried to help). He got angry with me and refused to even provide a 'lost report' for the insurance, meaning I had to go to a police station instead.

Besides the lost/stolen camera, the rooms were very small and budget (as expected). The bathrooms were so small that you can't sit on the toilet properly if you want the door closed. And in a 'triple room', they just put up an extra camp bed in a double room, on which the mattress kept falling through. One of the plug sockets in the room was hanging out with the wires visible behind too.

Breakfast was actually not too bad, and the sleep was ok despite the thin walls. The rooms did smell strongly of disinfectant, but i could deal with that. There was no curfew which was good.

It was about a 10-15 min walk to the nearest metro which is quite far, but we had good weather so I didn't really mind. The metro was then around 20 mins to centre of paris, so it does lengthen journies somewhat.

Overall, if it wasn't for the camera, I would have accepted this hotel for what it was, budget slightly incovenient location, but ok for the money. But I left feeling pretty annoyed. If you stay here, don't leave any valuables alone for a second.a

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank rpm111
Reviewed November 2, 2010

Myself & my boyfriend stayed here from 28th Oct -01st Nov. It's located on the 13 Metro Line about a 10minute walk from the metro. The rooms were small but clean - the maid was very friendly & knocked 2 -3 times even when we got up late we'd come back & the room would be cleaned. The walls are quiet thin & the beds quiet squeeky as we found from our next door neighbours.
We didn't get the same hospitable reception from the lady on breakfast (which btw don't avail of it's not worth the money) She was very rude to us & muttered alot in French. There was a guy on reception who again wasn't friendly - the girl when we checked in was quiet nice.
You get what you pay for & going on a budget I'd defo recommend this hotel. It was exactly what we were looking for somewhere clean & safe to put our heads down.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2010

I stayed at the Kyriad Brancion over the UK August Bank Holiday and it really was lovely.
The satff there are extremely friendly and helpful and will do their best to ensure they can speak whatever language you do!
The bedroom was quite small but, as a single person there for two nights, it didn't really affect me too badly. The bathroom is small and were I to have been sharing I would have found the lack of space difficult.
The location is okay, with a metro, a supermarket and numerous restaurants within a short walk.
My one piece of advice would be not to take the elevator if you're even slightly claustraphobic! I think it may possibly be the smallest one in Paris!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2010

After reading a number of mixed reviews about the Kyriad Brancion, my boyfriend and I decided we would go ahead and give it a try. We got a room on Laterooms.com for about $60 a night, which was about what we would have paid for a hostel, but I figured a hotel is always better.

While the cleanliness/loudness was about equal to my hostel experiences, it had the added privacy of being a hotel room. We locked our stuff to the desk in the room, so nothing was stolen (as I read in some other postings). High school students were yelling on the street outside around 7am each day, but we were planning on getting up around that time anyway, so it wasn't a big deal. There was also no air conditioning, which usually isn't a problem, but we just happened to go during a freak heat wave in Paris, so we had to leave the windows open and listen to the bats all night.

The bathroom was the smallest bathroom I had ever seen. I could literally be sitting on the toilet, reach over the sink, and touch the shower. The standing space was about 2' x 1', so it was impossible to get dressed in the bathroom.

Still, for $60 a night, it was worth it. However, for about $20 more each night you can stay at the nearby Hotel Auriane, which was air conditioned, had a nicer bathroom, and no screaming students outside. (We ended up in Paris a night early, so we stayed there for one night.) I would go for the Hotel Auriane if you think it will be hot while you're there.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HokieEngineer
Reviewed January 10, 2010

Considering the price (we paid 45€ for our room with private bathroom) the Kyriad was excellent.

-Clean for the most part (Some paint was chipping off in the shower with slight moldew though), room and bed was very clean and big enough (extra wardrobe and desk). Rooms are basic but comfortable.

-Reasonable, 5 min walk to the metro with super market, great for buying water, food etc. for the day. Neighborhood was very quiet.

-Service was good, nice staff, free coffee/tea in our room which was great. Didnt try the breakfast as it was 9.50€ extra and we just ate in the metro to save some time.

So there really was no problem at all with this hotel and I can definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple