“Worst worst worst” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1,593 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Bern
“Worst worst worst”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

Worst worst worst. The room was shabby to the core. There were live wires hanging around. The Hotel reception was not too friendly too.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Polish first
Northern Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

Please believe me when I say, this is a complete and utter dump, bed stained, carpet stained, unreasonable staff and squalor, do not consider for one moment.

Room Tip: Anything but here.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2011

We stayed here just before Xmas for 3 nights for just £250. Great Value considering the central location. We walked to the Champs Elyees in about 30 mins, but the Metro is just 7 minutes away. Quality is 3 star, and very comfortable. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Villaguay, Argentina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

I was not looking for a 5* hotel, but this one was really dissapointed. I don't know where the photos they show were taken.
We were a couple and one adult, I had to sleep on A TABLE on the floor with a minimal mattress and I had to put blankets and courtains to make it thicker.
Hot and not very clean rooms.
Staff did not speak English.
They did not charge from my credit card the 10% of the reservation as they said but the 50% without my authorization.

2 good things
- Good location, near most popular landscapes and you can go by foot
- Quiet neighborhood

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Danny A
Os Municipality, Norway
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

I could write for ages about this hotel. Never being that dissapointed.

1.- It didn't have a computing system: So, they weren't able to find the booking from hotels.com
2.- Staff don't speak English.
3.- After paying AGAIN went to the room. It turns out rooms the energy switch didn't even work.
4.-They do not return money back, they stole my money on my face.

The manager had the nerve to say I'M NOT GOING TO GIVE YOU YOUR MONEY BACK MADAME!!! Is that possible? Please be aware and do not deal with these people ...they are THIEVES.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Rebeca49
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2011

My en-suite room was quite small but, as I was out and about most of the time, this didn't really matter. Staff were pleasant to deal with, and I had no problems. The room was clean and equipped with a TV, wardrobe and writing desk.

Transport links are good - 10 mins walk to the nearest Metro station, and you can catch busses nearby.

There are plenty of bars, cafes and restaurants close by. I would recommend one called "L'Endroit" which is about a minute's walk around the corner from the hotel - friendly staff, good food and reasonably priced.

Some things to bear in mind: There were hardly any power sockets available in my room, so I had to unplug the TV to charge my phone and laptop.

Also, the hotel charges 2€ per day for wi-fi. It's quite fast but if your room is above the 4th floor I wouldn't bother paying because you won't get a good signal.

The hotel also charged 2€ to book a taxi for me on the morning I left. I paid it at the time, as taxis rarely passed through the area, but I would advise making your own arrangements if you know you'll need one in advance.

Overall, not a bad little hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank radiopete
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2010

We spent a week at this simple Hotel in Paris and had absolutely no regrets! We were not looking for a 5* Hotel and its level of service (and associated price!!). After searching in the Lonely planet and finding all suggestions for a basic hotel there full, we asked for a suggestion from one of the other top recommended places. Then we searched on Trip Advisor and were shocked by some of the reviews, so we booked initially just one night. In all fairness I wonder what some of the reviewers were comparing this hotel too?? We traveled for months through Europe and saw many properties and for the price, the service, good (but not English) breakfasts, the hotel owner Sabrina, who was "trés symapatique!", we would go back any time! The hotel offered everything we needed with a good bakery and mini market around the corner, the metro a short walk away, and a truly Parisian feel to the neighborhood around us, as opposed to being "Touristy" and expensive. At the same time we saw nothing of "drunks sleeping on the streets" or anything at all to make us feel insecure. The linen (and pillows!!) were fresh, clean and we slept wonderfully. The "lift" was pretty obvious in the lobby!! True there were only French stations on the TV - and what do you expect? You are in France (we didn´t see much French TV in London!). Unfortunately the owner was by herself a lot of the time trying to answer the phone, take care of guests, making reservations, orienting hotel staff etc. so naturally she was a bit stressed and tired (we saw her at 6am and still on the desk at 2am!). However, when we gave her a few minutes instead of demanding to be attended immediately (like some of the guests) she was very amiable and helpful, pointing out attractions on the map and giving suggestions in her mixed English/French. Thanks Sabrina for all your help!! - hugs Rob and Richard from Brazil

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple