“Perfectly Awful!”

and 1 more site!
Perfect Hotel & Hostel
Ranked #1,004 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We booked 3 nights knowing that it was going to be basic. We can do basic. We booked a twin room, a double and single bed. We were given a dorm with 2 sets of bunk beds. We asked to change as per our booking but were told that this was still a twin room, that they had closed it off to be a twin room for us as they had had a lot of bookings for twin rooms at that time. It was awful the beds creaked and groaned, we are big people which is why we would never book bunks. We couldn't sit up in the bed as the top bunk was too low to accommodate head height. There was no comfortable place to sit. There is a table in the room with plastic stools, not comfy for long. We had almost no sleep and eventually around dawn we put the thin mattresses on the floor and tried to sleep. The place is very noisy, you can hear people up and down the wooden stairs and the doors all seem to bang, it sounds like a prison. We were so tired that our first day was a write off. It didn't get a lot better and after 3 nights we were so glad to leave. I now have a shoulder injury due to sleeping on the floor and we are still trying to catch up on sleep. The hotel is in a good location - that is my only positive!

Room Tip: Take ear plugs!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ruthi b

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a 4-person mixed room with private bathroom on the fourth floor, and I really have no complaints! The rooms were comfortable, bathroom clean and showers hot, and towels and locker with lock were provided. Breakfast was served by waiter and consisted of pain au chocolate and half a baguette, with orange juice and tea or coffee. The location is ten minutes from Gare du Nord (close but far enough to be safe) and close to other metro stops as well. Staff was professional.

1  Thank Krystal X
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I must admit I had mixed feelings about my stay here. The service upon arrival was good the old man on night reception was warm and friendly and recommended a nice moderately priced restaurant to eat in. Other times serviced varied from good to average. When the power in our room stopped out, the problem was fixed within 10 minutes of us notifying them. In my opinion the biggest problem with this property was the small rooms and seriously PAPER thin walls. We were woken up almost every night by doors opening and closing, voices ect. We could hear our neighbors conversations and there music playing which must have been on low volume. Free breakfast was included, didnt feel complete to me - croissants and baguettes - Is this a french breakfast?? But at the end of the day it was cheap (for Paris, not for many other European cities) And the Location was excellent. Im not sure why some previous reviews have said the location is scary/bad? Its close to many tourist spots and close to Gare Da Nord. Recommend on a budget only.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelforthes0ul
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My friend did the reservation so I didn't know what to expect. The Hotel is cheap for Paris standards but it didn'r worth it. Not clean, not central, not polite.... It is a good option if you are travelling in a big backpackers group but as a 2 people option not a good choice....

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Alicia W
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hostel was in a great location, not too far from the metro. I made some good friends, and Chantal at the front desk was incredibly helpful in every way. This hostel also provided towels, always a nice touch. :)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Jaso99
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I'm backpacking with my boyfriend around Europe for a few months and we stayed at this hostel for 4 nights while in Paris. The location is fantastic! About a 3 minute walk to Anvers station, numerous bakeries and cafés along the street and loads of restaurants near by.

We had a free breakfast each morning and wifi which worked in the rooms. We shared with two others, although the rooms were very spacious for a dormitory style room. We each had a locker and locks were also provided which I haven't seen anywhere else.
The showers and toilet were always clean and I didn't have to wait once for the showers during my stay which was great.

I had a lovely time and will definitely stay there again if I return to Paris during my trip!

Tip: You do need a cash deposit for the keys so make sure you have 10 euro per person ready on check in.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed here with a friend in a private room, and it felt like a luxury suite after having been in a hostel for the previous few days. The location was easy to find, the front desk staff was helpful, and our room was clean and well-kept when we arrived. We shared a bath down the hall, but we did have our own sink in the room, which was helpful for washing up and brushing teeth. I'd love to stay again and would recommend these accommodations to anyone needing a place to stay in Paris.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends