“I want to go back”
Review of Hotel Recamier

Hotel Recamier
Ranked #255 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I booked the Recamier for one night because it was very close to the flat where my family were staying & I wanted to spend time with them before they returned to Australia.

It was a lovely hotel in a great spot & the room (tradition) was spacious, beautiful, quiet & comfortable.

I will go back asap & have a proper holiday there.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Beautiful little boutique hotel on the edge of the Place St. Sulpice. The rooms are cozy and extremely comfortable and well-appointed. We were lucky enough to get one on an upper floor looking out at the Eglise St. Sulpice and the Place, which was magnificent. It could not be better located for wandering around the left bank, and both culture and shopping are minutes away. The staff are warm and welcoming, and the afternoon tea a welcome treat. loved it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MainStreetTraveler
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Excellent service throughout our short stay at this chic boutique hotel. The hotel is conveniently located close to Mabillon metro station and walking distance to the shops and cafe of St. Germain & jardin du Luxembourg. The bed was very firm and extremely comfortable making for a perfect night's sleep. The complimentary afternoon tea in the lounge area was very much appreciated too. The room was well soundproofed and we did not hear any noise from the other guests or outside (its a very quiet area). We took the free upgrade to a king-size bed room overlooking St. Sulpice, (thought still a relatively small room), but it was just a pity that a king-size bed was two twin beds put together. Notwithstanding, the furnishings in the room were very tasteful.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2014

The hotel is tucked away behind san suplice in a quiet corner. We had a room on the third floor facing inwards so no views out of the room but it didn't matter. It's a great location and the staff are very friendly. They recommended two restaurants for us which were spot on for the type of places we requested. The hotel is very classic and understated like an old townhouse. The rooms aren't big but then again where are they big in paris. It's a quiet hotel and we couldn't hear any noise from either the streets or the rest of the hotel. Would definitely recommend this hotel for a short weekend break!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Located in St Suplice this small hotel provides a stylish, intimated base from which to explore Paris. Decorated four years ago it has been featured in interior design magazines because of its chic Parisienne look. The scale is tiny, but similar to how French women dress it makes the most of what it has and provides a very comfortable yet stylish setting. The rooms are small but beautiful, well equipped, with comfortable beds and a good bathroom. Service is friendly. Room service available. A complimentary afternoon tea was appreciated. Location is fantastic and one is able to access all the main sights very easily. There are a great selection of restaurants and shops nearby. Perhaps not suitable for a large family this hotel makes a perfect location for a couple or friends wanting a small sophisticated base.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Desi S
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I met my husband at the end of his business trip and picked the Hotel Recamier after pouring over many reviews of intimate hotels in the Left Bank area. We had both been to Paris before but wanted to try a different hotel than either of us had stayed in before. We were so pleased with our choice. I arrived after a long overnight flight and my reserved room type (deluxe) was not available, but I was given an upgrade to a club room type which worked out so well for us because it was larger than what I had booked. Our room (#42) overlooked St. Sulpice and the elevator, while typically small, was actually large enough for us and our luggage! I sprained my ankle on our second to last night there and the staff was very helpful with ice and taxi arrangements the next day for us to at least be able to have a nice lunch. Their restaurant recommendation (La Coupole) was very good, packed with people, and we enjoyed that day even though I was on crutches. While at lunch my husband emailed the hotel to see about a nice last dinner. They made a special effort to make us reservations for that night which we knew would be tough because it was a Sunday and a lot of good places are closed, in addition to our the last minute request. They reserved a wonderful Michelin starred restaurant only to have us need to cancel it because I wasn't able to move around as much as I thought after great lunch with my ankle sprain. Prior to our trip I had the hotel arrange a transfer for me from Charles de Gaule airport and it was prompt and reasonably priced. The lounge area was cozy and comfortable, the internet worked well, and the proximity to the Luxembourg Gardens was a bonus, especially with the November cold drizzly weather. The bed, (2 pushed together twins to make a European king) was very comfortable for me although my husband always ends up on the crack in the bed! We walked to the Louvre and to shops and dinner in the Marais with no problem, which we loved because that's why you go to Paris, right? To wander the neighborhoods and stop when a restaurant looks good... We will definitely return to the Hotel Recamier.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights, and loved this little gem. The location is in a quiet corner of a square, and so close to all the sights of the 6th and 7th districts, as well as walking distance to the Louvre and Notre Dame, etc. The rooms are small (we had room 54), but it was so quiet and dark at night: pefect for a good night's sleep. The staff is charming and helpful. We'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple