Le Montclair
  • Fitness center
$1,653
$1,182
  • Pool
All reviewssacre coeurno elevatorthe jules joffrin metro stationfree breakfastenjoyed my staywi fihot wateryour luggagenice staythird floormoulin rougeensuitedormsheetssoapdistrictfrench
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We spent 3 nights in that hostel, the major complaint that I have is the noise isolation of the rooms. At night when somebody speaks slowly in neighbouring rooms, you can easily hear them.
But, the rest was OK, and the staff were quite friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Romuald B, Directeur général at Le Montclair, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thanks for leaving your time. We make the best to keep the calm at night! We also have limit hours to stay in the common areas. We hope you had a great time.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is one of my favourite hostels. It is really well placed, (just at the foot of Montmartre, 2 blocks from Jules Joffrin metro station) surrounded by bars, shops, and street stalls. It has a self-catering kitchen, as well as a free breakfast daily. The staff are incredibly helpful and friendly, and they make you feel very welcome. Wifi and computers are avaliable on the ground floor; there is no wifi in the rooms so downstairs becomes a bit of a communal meeting ground. A 10 minute (fast) walk to the Sacre Coeur, with some beautiful views over Paris. I would definitely go there again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Romuald B, Directeur général at Le Montclair, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Hi there,
It's a real and cool description of the Montclair
See you a next time!!!!!
Thank

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed here 7 nights in September 2013, room 303, private 4 bed ensuite. The overall feeling was that I would most probably come back here.
Pros:
- very helpful stuff, every question was answered
- price for the services was OK
Cons:
- there were times, when we had no cold water in the room, only hot, which was not so pleasant
- I was woken up, one night at 1.30am, to get down to the receptionist, that I had another reservation made, for 2 nights and have to pay 130 euros more. The reservation for the room was made at the receptionist during my stay, they could not explain to me how that reservation was made, considering that I did not do such a thing. My luck was that I had the original payment receipt.

Thank you!
Have a pleasant stay there!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Romuald B, Directeur général at Le Montclair, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you very much for your comment. About your reservations that must have been a mistake normally it doesn't happen frequently. Concerning the water we always have cold and hot 24/7, if you had a trouble you must have come to the reception and let us know. We are glad you had a great time with us. Come back soon!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had a triple room on the third floor, with ensuite. It was clean, and there was air conditioning and great double glazing on the windows. Nice calm views for Paris! Sadly, people talk and clomp up and down the staircase until about 2 in the morning, and start again at about 7. The doors aren't very soundproof, so we all needed ear plugs to sleep. The metal bunk bed was saggy in the centre although the mattresses/pillows were comfortable.

The shower was not fun: first thing in the morning, it comes out boiling hot even when on the coldest setting, and as the morning goes on, it seems to go hot/cold without changing the tap. Since the head is a spurt of water that you can't dodge, you either get boiled or shocked into waking up! Good bathroom ventilation. Daily room clean was a bonus. Total lack of hanging space apart from towel rail in bathroom.

Free breakfast is great, but misses out on healthy options (no fruit, and only sugary cereal, croissant, roll, juice, coffee/tea/hot choc). Wifi was incredibly slow when the signal was available in our room. Staff friendly and helpful on very busy desk.

Room Tip: Each floor is high, so ask for a lower floor if you have heavy bags. The building behind the street side is also part of the hostel if you care about street views/noise vs backyards.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Romuald B, Directeur général at Le Montclair, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Bonjour,
Thanks for your comment, we will take care of the shower system.
For the WIfi, it works only in the lobby.
Waiting to welcome better in the future...

Reviewed September 5, 2013

i came to Paris at very early morning, and the place is not very close to centre, so it's a little bit difficult to find for me. Check -in time is 14h so I left my luggage at the lobby and went out. They have a locking room for luggage, which is good. I booked a 6 bed mixed room, and i found the room quite spacious and had a lot of sockets. They gave me clean bed drap, pillow cover. The buffet in the morning is quite good. They also have a kitchen so I did cook something as well.
I was satisfied enough to come back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Hello,
We are happy that you've enjoyed your stay with us!
Waiting to welcome you a next time...