We stayed at the Montclair a few months back. We had a private double room on the first floor.
Like most places in Paris, there is no lift and it is quite small. However, we got this room at a pretty cheap price so we sort of expected a small room. We have travelled to paris before and paid more for a larger room. You definitely get what you pay for in Paris! If you want luxury- you have to pay luxury prices!
Pros: Our room was clean, as was the bathroom. Our bed was made every day. The staff were friendly and helped us with anything we needed. We could use the wifi from our room as we weren't far from the lobby. We stayed in the winter and our room was always warm! It was a good location for us! Doesn't take too long to get to from the airport - easy metro route! Within walking distance to the Sacre Cour! From there we walked everywhere so the distance was no issue for us.We liked to see the Paris surroundings properly.
At the end of the stay our flight home wasn't until very late at night but there's a luggage room we used for free! So we left our cases and went exploring for the rest of the day. Very handy! This was one of the reasons we chose this hostel.
Cons: It is very noisy. People around us were slamming doors constantly and just being generally loud. The walls are very thin so there's no noise barrier! However, we didn't stay in the room much as we were too busy going out to explore!
The bathroom was tiny and the water was running hot and cold most of the time. But a small bathroom is something I've found before in a Paris hotel/hostel.
It's an ideal place if you're looking for somewhere to rest your head for the night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the 18th district, in a typical parisian neighborhood, Le Montclair Hostel has everything you need to enjoy your stay; snack bar, laundry, lobby, fusebol, wifi... Few steps away from the subway station Jules Joffrin, enjoy the authentic Paris, sit in a nice coffee and walk 10 minutes to the Sacre-Coeur. Le Montclair Hostel provides beds in mixed dormitories or private, double, triple rooms. Ideal for couple, family or friends willing to share a perfect moment together. A breakfast will be served every morning and the friendly staff will be glad to answer any of your request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, HostelWorld and Priceline so you can book your Le Montclair Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montclair Montmartre Hotel
- Montclair Montmartre Paris